Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR again 22:43 - Mar 17 with 2113 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Did anyone see the sending off of the Everton player earlier? Dodgy as fck.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

VAR again on 23:13 - Mar 17 with 2042 viewsDWQPR

Allan was fully charged off the ground and it could have been construed as dangerous play. However the bloke Havertz who plays for the filth should definitely have been sent off for the elbow on Burn last Sunday. Just shows you what a shower of shît VAR is.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

VAR again on 23:33 - Mar 17 with 2006 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

VAR again on 23:13 - Mar 17 by DWQPR

Allan was fully charged off the ground and it could have been construed as dangerous play. However the bloke Havertz who plays for the filth should definitely have been sent off for the elbow on Burn last Sunday. Just shows you what a shower of shît VAR is.

It was more the sequence of events. It was a clear foul and yellow card which the referee gave. Harsh red, which he didn't give. I was watching this via my mates phone and for the next 2 minutes or so all you were shown was a VAR replay of the incident. Same tackle over and over. The referee finally decided he had to go over to the screen to view it again (you could tell he didn't want to). It's still a foul, still a yellow card but by this stage you know what's coming. He goes back out on the pitch and almost apologetically sends the player off. He had no choice.

VAR again on 23:39 - Mar 17 with 1986 viewsCLAREMAN1995

VAR again on 23:33 - Mar 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

It was more the sequence of events. It was a clear foul and yellow card which the referee gave. Harsh red, which he didn't give. I was watching this via my mates phone and for the next 2 minutes or so all you were shown was a VAR replay of the incident. Same tackle over and over. The referee finally decided he had to go over to the screen to view it again (you could tell he didn't want to). It's still a foul, still a yellow card but by this stage you know what's coming. He goes back out on the pitch and almost apologetically sends the player off. He had no choice.

Did anybody see the guy who tied himself to the goalpost with a plastic wrap that had to be cut off with bolt cutters by all accounts .Having a piece of that around his neck was just crazy stupid it could have been a horrific incident
VAR again on 06:07 - Mar 18 with 1839 viewsSharpy36

VAR again on 23:39 - Mar 17 by CLAREMAN1995

Did anybody see the guy who tied himself to the goalpost with a plastic wrap that had to be cut off with bolt cutters by all accounts .Having a piece of that around his neck was just crazy stupid it could have been a horrific incident

An amusing encounter involving a industrial cable tie, an XR nut job and the biggest pair of bolt croppers your likely to see. Big praise goes to Amazon for showing the whole saga unfold, unlike Sky and BT who would have panned away and more than likely not apologized to the viewer for any offense committed.
Certainly brightened up a dull game.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

VAR again on 06:25 - Mar 18 with 1827 viewsLoftgirl

VAR again on 06:07 - Mar 18 by Sharpy36

An amusing encounter involving a industrial cable tie, an XR nut job and the biggest pair of bolt croppers your likely to see. Big praise goes to Amazon for showing the whole saga unfold, unlike Sky and BT who would have panned away and more than likely not apologized to the viewer for any offense committed.
Certainly brightened up a dull game.

Should have just left him there as target practice. A few hard shots to the face would have re-arranged his thinking.
VAR again on 06:59 - Mar 18 with 1803 viewsNed_Kennedys

VAR again on 23:33 - Mar 17 by CliveWilsonSaid

Of course he had a choice. On field referee has the power to make the final decision but as soon as they head over to that screen to ‘review’ the evidence they always change their minds. It’s a farce.
Cynical foul but never a red card IMO.
VAR again on 07:13 - Mar 18 with 1782 viewsNorthernr

VAR again on 06:59 - Mar 18 by Ned_Kennedys

Of course he had a choice. On field referee has the power to make the final decision but as soon as they head over to that screen to ‘review’ the evidence they always change their minds. It’s a farce.
Cynical foul but never a red card IMO.

I do wish the odd referee would go over to that screen and stick with their decision every now and again. At the moment it's all just performative, they're going over there 'to sell it' rather than because they've actually any intention of conducting a fair review from which any outcome is possible. If they go over there the decision is already made, they're just pissing away yet more game time.
VAR again on 09:30 - Mar 18 with 1642 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

What got me most was that the referee was in a great position for the foul and made a decision that nearly everyone (outside of Tyneside) agrees with. Then for a reason that I don’t understand he changed his mind. I can only assume that he was overruled?

I saw about 10 mins of the match and this nothing incident took up most of it. I didn’t even get to see the guy chained to the goalpost

Login to get fewer ads

VAR again on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 1583 viewsStanisgod

Just gutted they won myself.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

VAR again on 12:08 - Mar 18 with 1522 viewsAntti_Heinola

VAR: same people making the same poor decisions, just taking 4 mins over it instead of 1 second. Great!
If you're going to have it, have this: the VAR has 60 seconds to review. If they cannot decide by then, stick with the original decision.

Bare bones.

VAR again on 14:47 - Mar 18 with 1415 viewsHayesender

The abuse the ref was getting from the Everton fans behind the screen, I'd have sent him off just to give two fingers to them

Poll: Shamima Beghum

VAR again on 15:06 - Mar 18 with 1396 viewsCLAREMAN1995

VAR again on 14:47 - Mar 18 by Hayesender

The abuse the ref was getting from the Everton fans behind the screen, I'd have sent him off just to give two fingers to them

I saw that disrespect from the young fans it was pretty graphic but fair play to the ref he stayed cool.That set up is rubbish the screen should be under a tent or between the dugouts on a wall to protect the refs.He did get that red card wrong IMO but Allan is a dirty nasty player maybe it will teach him.
VAR again on 15:42 - Mar 18 with 1364 viewsthemodfather

why is VAR so poor in football, they get it tirght for cricket and rugby and you don't get hours of analysis the next day over bad calls in those sports after VAR.
and var was meant for clear and obvious, not the slightest incident not given, ever during real play, really poor, refs need help and fans want the right decision as do the players. var is vank.
VAR again on 15:43 - Mar 18 with 1359 viewsTheChef

VAR again on 15:42 - Mar 18 by themodfather

why is VAR so poor in football, they get it tirght for cricket and rugby and you don't get hours of analysis the next day over bad calls in those sports after VAR.
and var was meant for clear and obvious, not the slightest incident not given, ever during real play, really poor, refs need help and fans want the right decision as do the players. var is vank.

It's there to wind people up, just like everything else.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

VAR again on 17:42 - Mar 18 with 1300 viewsRed_Ranger

VAR is 100 % a great idea.

It’s not binary like goal line technology , its interpretation of the rules using multiple refs and camera based technology.

Because of this there will always be some vagueness and disappointment.

On the whole I think it improves the game and above all makes it more fair, balanced and accurate. Never can be 100% perfect.
VAR again on 17:57 - Mar 18 with 1281 viewsdaveB

VAR again on 15:42 - Mar 18 by themodfather

It sort of works in Rugby but the emotions of the game are different. You don't get the same outburst of joy and chaos from the crowds at a try as you do for a goal. The review in rugby doesn't change much for the supporters from what I can see, rugby fans on here may feel differently, but in football it kills the crowd and the enjoyable bits of watching a game live. Even watching at home 2 teams i don't care about the whole game is ruined as a spectacle by some bloke drawing lines to see if an armpit is offside

Antti has it spot on, 60 second window for a review, any longer stick with the on pitch decision.
VAR again on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 1253 viewsNorthernr

VAR again on 17:57 - Mar 18 by daveB

It sort of works in Rugby but the emotions of the game are different. You don't get the same outburst of joy and chaos from the crowds at a try as you do for a goal. The review in rugby doesn't change much for the supporters from what I can see, rugby fans on here may feel differently, but in football it kills the crowd and the enjoyable bits of watching a game live. Even watching at home 2 teams i don't care about the whole game is ruined as a spectacle by some bloke drawing lines to see if an armpit is offside

Antti has it spot on, 60 second window for a review, any longer stick with the on pitch decision.

I don't disagree with you often Dave, but it doesn't work in rugby.

The rugby I watch often has the video ref, or in Australia the bunker, pouring over fck all for too long to come up with the wrong decision anyway. Super League, five rounds in, is a disaster this season. A disaster. It's unwatchable.

I don't watch the other rugby but I saw a clip the other day of a sending off in the seventh minute of Ireland v Italy which was being lorded on social media by the "rugby is so much better than football" types as the picture perfect example of how VAR "works". Referee and two assistants come and position themselves in front of the camera and start laboriously going through the process of something I didn't even think was a foul. Preening and talking into the camera about due process, has he connected here, what has he connected with, is there "mitigation" like we're in the fcking Old Bailey. Eventually after all of this performance art the bloke was red carded, after seven minutes, wrecking an already uncompetitive game and spending fcking hours and hours doing it. Absolutely nobody, nobody, would have had a problem in that incident with the referee having a quick word with the guy on the run during open play - instead it turned into this enormous pantomime where we gather in front of the camera and have a long circle jerk about why we're reaching the decision we knew we were reaching anyway.
VAR again on 18:29 - Mar 18 with 1234 viewsstowmarketrange

VAR again on 18:15 - Mar 18 by Northernr

The rugby I watch often has the video ref, or in Australia the bunker, pouring over fck all for too long to come up with the wrong decision anyway. Super League, five rounds in, is a disaster this season. A disaster. It's unwatchable.

I don't watch the other rugby but I saw a clip the other day of a sending off in the seventh minute of Ireland v Italy which was being lorded on social media by the "rugby is so much better than football" types as the picture perfect example of how VAR "works". Referee and two assistants come and position themselves in front of the camera and start laboriously going through the process of something I didn't even think was a foul. Preening and talking into the camera about due process, has he connected here, what has he connected with, is there "mitigation" like we're in the fcking Old Bailey. Eventually after all of this performance art the bloke was red carded, after seven minutes, wrecking an already uncompetitive game and spending fcking hours and hours doing it. Absolutely nobody, nobody, would have had a problem in that incident with the referee having a quick word with the guy on the run during open play - instead it turned into this enormous pantomime where we gather in front of the camera and have a long circle jerk about why we're reaching the decision we knew we were reaching anyway.

Have you seen the rule book for rugby union games?It must be bigger than war and peace twice over.Every game I watch on tv there seems to be a new infringement caught by the referee.I think there must be a law on double knots on their laces.
VAR again on 13:38 - Mar 19 with 1018 viewsdaveB

VAR again on 18:15 - Mar 18 by Northernr

I'll be honest I don't watch much Rugby so going off what relatives often tell me about how great it works

I was always someone who wanted to see how it would work in football but it's been awful imo, I'd scrap it tomorrow if we could
VAR again on 08:37 - Mar 20 with 839 viewsTGRRRSSS

VAR again on 17:57 - Mar 18 by daveB

I see where your coming from here Dave and I don't entirely agree, especialyl the joy of a try, but I can see where your coiming from.

One obvious difference in rugby is how much more stop start it is - (Union I am mainly talking of.) - so therefore the stoppages in themselves impact less than they do in football plus they've had it quite a few years so people more used to it but as I say the nature of the game does allow it more.

]If you go to a game you'll notice how much more stop start it is than just watching on the telly, other than all the waterboy type delays teams exmploy now to get a breather etc, which is something they need to stamp out.

Because League doesnt really do set pieces in the same way it is a bit more paced so Clive will no more than me on that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024