Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why has it all gone wrong? 21:44 - Apr 5 with 10402 viewsconnell10

I know we have had injuries etc but our dip in form has been spectacular! I'm at a lose and totally gutted! Just wrote Bollocks in my diary!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:48 - Apr 5 with 4516 viewsFaurlinho

My guess: Unhelpful Jan loans and absence of Dom Ball spirit and Dieng and Willock quality. But perhaps there’s more to it….?
Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:51 - Apr 5 with 4464 viewsHunterhoop

Chair is a big part of it, IMO. Still think he has lots of talent. But I think he’s been a big part of the drop in form.

16 points from 6 games whilst he was away. 8 points in 12 games since he returned and an FA cup loss to Peterborough.

At some point it can’t just be correlation…
Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:55 - Apr 5 with 4407 viewsSuperhoop83

I think we flattered to deceive earlier in the season and the loss of Willock has been the final straw.

I thought we were ok at the back tonight, but as soon as we went forward our lack of creativity and movement was just embarrassing. Dozzell improved things and Chair tried to create something but United dealt with us easily.

Some of last season's stars have shown their age too. I think we have a decent base to work with but we need a complete clear out up front.

Suffering since 1978.

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:56 - Apr 5 with 4399 viewsdistortR

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:51 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Chair is a big part of it, IMO. Still think he has lots of talent. But I think he’s been a big part of the drop in form.

16 points from 6 games whilst he was away. 8 points in 12 games since he returned and an FA cup loss to Peterborough.

presumably Dieng coming back was a problem too?

Chair at least looks interested, although I think his treatment in AFCON has affected him.

But our problems run much deeper than one player, we're shit with and without him at the moment.

Edit - He's not sitting in the back 5 pissing about with sideways passing before finally going long and giving up possession, while surely the whole point of pissing about with the ball in the back 5 is about keeping possession? I've said before, I would actually be happy for him to play deeper and pick the ball up from the defenders and create from further back
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 22:00]
Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 4329 viewsuwontbegrinningsoon

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:48 - Apr 5 by Faurlinho

My guess: Unhelpful Jan loans and absence of Dom Ball spirit and Dieng and Willock quality. But perhaps there’s more to it….?

Dykes injury cost us a lot. Never fully recovered.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:59 - Apr 5 with 4326 viewsRangersw12

Too many players have lost form all at the same time and we have suffered with injuries.

We've been punching above our weight all season and its caught up with us. Typical Rangers to have promotion form for over a year but sadly it's been over 2 seasons

Very unfair to blame it on Chair. We win more games when he's playing than when he doesn't.

Another rebuild needed in the summer
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:02 - Apr 5 with 4291 viewsQPR_Jim

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:51 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

I think there's something not right with Chair. Admittedly I can only remember it happening the one time but he received the ball under no pressure on the halfway line and rather than driving forward with the ball at his feet within seconds he'd smashed it over the defence and straight through to the goalkeeper. Might be a little thing but what kind of No.10 doesn't want to have a run with the ball in that situation? His trip to the ACN was fairly embarrassing for him, one appearance and subbed pretty quickly. That's not the player we've come to know.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:03 - Apr 5 with 4252 viewsdigswellhoop

WE ARE QUEENS PARK RANGERS
NO NEED TO SAY ANYTHING MORE
Login to get fewer ads

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:04 - Apr 5 with 4247 viewsLogman

Over - emphasis on possession football and trying to 'engineer' 'total' attacks
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:05 - Apr 5 with 4219 viewsHunterhoop

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:56 - Apr 5 by distortR

presumably Dieng coming back was a problem too?

Chair at least looks interested, although I think his treatment in AFCON has affected him.

But our problems run much deeper than one player, we're shit with and without him at the moment.

Edit - He's not sitting in the back 5 pissing about with sideways passing before finally going long and giving up possession, while surely the whole point of pissing about with the ball in the back 5 is about keeping possession? I've said before, I would actually be happy for him to play deeper and pick the ball up from the defenders and create from further back
[Post edited 5 Apr 2022 22:00]

Dieng hasn’t played many of those 13 games. 3 or 4, I think. Chair has started 11, I think, and came on in another.

Obviously there are other factors, but I think Chair is a problem. I think there is evidence to support that.

You’re allowed to disagree though. OP just asked a qn.

Not quite sure why some people get so defensive about any comments about Chair.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:07 - Apr 5 with 4165 viewsessextaxiboy

Bringing players into a tight squad in Jan and playing them in front of our own young players ..and 3 strikers chronic loss of fitness form and talent ..
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 4145 viewsHunterhoop

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:59 - Apr 5 by Rangersw12

Too many players have lost form all at the same time and we have suffered with injuries.

We've been punching above our weight all season and its caught up with us. Typical Rangers to have promotion form for over a year but sadly it's been over 2 seasons

Very unfair to blame it on Chair. We win more games when he's playing than when he doesn't.

Another rebuild needed in the summer

Quite literally untrue this season. Our best win ratio was when he wasn’t in the team.

But I’m not blaming him solely. I think there’s an issue in the dressing room. No idea what but there’s no spirit, no energy, no leadership in our play.

The Dykes situation was weird and can’t have helped.

Johansen’s and Austin’s lack of form/fitness is clearly a big issue.

Dieng’s injury probably hasn’t helped.

Willock’s a few games back certainly hasn’t!!

So lots of factors, but I do think Chair is one of them. Something is up with him since he returned from AFCON and he’s played very poorly since.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 4142 viewsMedwayR

Injuries have played a big part...

The loss of Dieng has been key, might just be the impression I get but we seem to play deeper without him as the replacement GKs aren't as comfortable on the ball.

Obviously losing Willock has had a huge impact, we lack creativity without him.

Dykes being injured has also meant we've struggled up front. I know he's limited but he at least gets involved in build up play, gives us a target and at times occupies their CBs.

On top of that the signing of Hendrick has resulted in us using Dozzell and Amos (who's been too good to leave out lately) less and completely closed the door for Ball who's never let us down. Seems very unfair to me.

I also think we should've changed to a back 4 a while ago, the current system isn't working so worth a try.

Poll: Who’s better?

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:09 - Apr 5 with 4124 viewsDamo1962

Why has it all gone wrong? on 21:59 - Apr 5 by uwontbegrinningsoon

Dykes injury cost us a lot. Never fully recovered.

That tart offers nothing, whether he plays or sits at home. Hope he is one of the first to follow Warburton out the door.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:09 - Apr 5 with 4121 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chair is the rhythm guitarist in the band. He's the fruit juice in the Cocktail.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 4071 viewsDamo1962

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:05 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

Dieng hasn’t played many of those 13 games. 3 or 4, I think. Chair has started 11, I think, and came on in another.

Obviously there are other factors, but I think Chair is a problem. I think there is evidence to support that.

Me neither. When he starts living up to the hype...then he will be a real asset. At the moment - meh !
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:12 - Apr 5 with 4070 viewsBklynRanger

I can't say I really know, but we've got quite a defensive set up with 3 CBs that demands one of them move into the midfield when there is an opportunity. Losing Willock has left teams with far less to worry about from our attack and they can concentrate on pressing etc.

So we drop deeper, focus too much on possession but only every really have it across that over-manned back line. Can't get out and teams just have to show the right mix of patience, aggression and pace to get past us and we're fcuked.

Then you're into the territory of shit referees and out of control time wasting with no hope of rescue from that one player who can make something out of nothing. Think that's a big part of it anyway.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:13 - Apr 5 with 4051 viewsR_from_afar

I wonder if the main issue is that in their heart of hearts, the players and management know that with key players missing, this far off the promotion pace, we just can't cut it, especially when the players who are fit are not good enough to win games for us unless they are fresh and on top form, which they so obviously are not.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:14 - Apr 5 with 4026 viewsTHEBUSH

My opinion is, MW has run out of ideas and the players know it.

Three at the back, two wings backs, thats it.

It might be ok if we had two fit wing backs, but they are injured a lot and therefore, the system goes to pot.

We have two great headers of the ball, in Austin and Dykes, but without crosses, they are redundant.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:16 - Apr 5 with 3981 viewsHunterhoop

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:13 - Apr 5 by R_from_afar

I wonder if the main issue is that in their heart of hearts, the players and management know that with key players missing, this far off the promotion pace, we just can't cut it, especially when the players who are fit are not good enough to win games for us unless they are fresh and on top form, which they so obviously are not.

Quite probably.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:16 - Apr 5 with 3981 viewsPhilmyRs

But Chair was pretty involved up to the point of going to AFCON? And we, and he, did alright up to that point?

I think Willock missing is key, he’s our best player and has probably tapered over the cracks a bit. Teams have figured us out a bit too and manager/players not found an answer. How many times do you see us get pressed really high and we just dick about with it and waste possession. Also think we’re not as good as we thought we were. Just outside the playoffs but pushing to get in is probably about par for this team. And finally the loans, getting in Hendrick and Sanderson have proven to be costly errors, as was missing out on an attacking player - would have been useful to have this option for covering for Willock (injury) and Chair (form).
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:17 - Apr 5 with 3962 viewsdistortR

because, while understanding he's some way off his best, I don't really get where you are coming from with Chair, but of course it's your prerogative to voice your opinion, as it is mine to voice mine. Although freedom of speech in a country without a written constitution isn't a given, but I digress...............
My feeble opinion is we over-achieved earlier in the season, the age and fitness of our squad as a whole has come back to haunt us, and January's transfer window was a bit of a 'mare. The unity once so visible in this squad has disappeared, I would love to know what's really gone on, if anything.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:17 - Apr 5 with 3943 viewskropotkin41

I was mentioning this a lot to people up to a few short months ago, but only Man City got more points than us in all 4 divisions in 2021. That isn't flattering to deceive, that is the best calendar year in a bloomin' long time. It's just, mysteriously, been bracketed by season-wrecking crap.
I'm cross and upset about it, but at least I didn't go to Sheffield tonight.
Last game of the season is my birthday, an away game I can easily get to.... might well just be ignoring it.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:21 - Apr 5 with 3883 viewsHunterhoop

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:17 - Apr 5 by distortR

because, while understanding he's some way off his best, I don't really get where you are coming from with Chair, but of course it's your prerogative to voice your opinion, as it is mine to voice mine. Although freedom of speech in a country without a written constitution isn't a given, but I digress...............
My feeble opinion is we over-achieved earlier in the season, the age and fitness of our squad as a whole has come back to haunt us, and January's transfer window was a bit of a 'mare. The unity once so visible in this squad has disappeared, I would love to know what's really gone on, if anything.

So would I!

I think the age/tiredness point is valid and should be added to the list above.

But I personally can’t comprehend how some fans can’t see that Chair isn’t ONE of the problems. In the opposition’s half he is always slowing us down and letting defenders get back in position. It screams out at me every time. I don’t understand how some others can’t see it.

On a more positive note, Sam Field continues to look like an excellent signing. Works his socks off, reads the game well, and was still busting a gut to get back and defend at the end there. Love his attitude.
Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:24 - Apr 5 with 3835 viewsdistortR

Why has it all gone wrong? on 22:21 - Apr 5 by Hunterhoop

So would I!

I think the age/tiredness point is valid and should be added to the list above.

But I personally can’t comprehend how some fans can’t see that Chair isn’t ONE of the problems. In the opposition’s half he is always slowing us down and letting defenders get back in position. It screams out at me every time. I don’t understand how some others can’t see it.

On a more positive note, Sam Field continues to look like an excellent signing. Works his socks off, reads the game well, and was still busting a gut to get back and defend at the end there. Love his attitude.

I do feel for Gray - he make's some good, off the shoulder runs that no one, but no one, picks up, and he end's up getting slated for his lack of touches of the ball.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024