Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 1974/75 kits 20:40 - Apr 11 with 3378 viewsCamberleyR

Just came across this which gives some possible lowdown on the abrupt ending to the Admiral kit deal. Shame, because I absolutely bloody loved that Admiral shirt. My parents tried to track one down for my tenth birthday but were unsuccessful. Even Jim Standen Sports in Camberley which was a brilliant sports shop couldn't get hold of one. I was gutted. Did anyone ever have one?

https://museumofjerseys.com/2022/01/04/season-in-kits-queens-park-rangers-1974-7

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Our 1974/75 kits on 01:01 - Apr 12 with 3143 viewsBoston

I think this was the year I bought my first, of only two Rangers shirts I have ever purchased. Unfortunately, it was not the Admiral wing collared variety as I did not have the expendable income to stretch to this, 'giant fashion step forward' and instead, opted for a nipple rasher, the poorly manufactured copy of a shirt most would have seen on Rodneeeeeeeeeee.

Really liked the red, with white wing collar and black shirts away shirt, made a huge mental impression with me, though I doubt we wore it a half a dozen times.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 1:02]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our 1974/75 kits on 09:37 - Apr 12 with 2892 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Interesting that the article claims that it was Jago who signed the contract with Admiral and that "manager Gordon Jago resigned earlier in the season, due to a breakdown in his relationship with chairman Jim Gregory. One of the reasons cited at the time was Jagos decision to purchase a third kit..."

Did Managers have that sort of power? Especially under Jim Gregory?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 13:39]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our 1974/75 kits on 13:18 - Apr 12 with 2762 viewsterryb

Our 1974/75 kits on 09:37 - Apr 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Interesting that the article claims that it was Jago who signed the contract with Admiral and that "manager Gordon Jago resigned earlier in the season, due to a breakdown in his relationship with chairman Jim Gregory. One of the reasons cited at the time was Jagos decision to purchase a third kit..."

Did Managers have that sort of power? Especially under Jim Gregory?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2022 13:39]

I think the question should have been Especially under Jim Gregory rather than Even under Jim Gregory.

Also a pedant alert about the article! At home to Stoke was our third game of the season as we had won away to the Damned United in our second game!

That season they didn't disallow the winning goal by Gerry Francis as they had the previous year. The referee giving offside when the linesman signalled a goal. He was even more onside than Austin was against Sunderland this season!
Our 1974/75 kits on 13:40 - Apr 12 with 2717 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Our 1974/75 kits on 13:18 - Apr 12 by terryb

I think the question should have been Especially under Jim Gregory rather than Even under Jim Gregory.

Also a pedant alert about the article! At home to Stoke was our third game of the season as we had won away to the Damned United in our second game!

That season they didn't disallow the winning goal by Gerry Francis as they had the previous year. The referee giving offside when the linesman signalled a goal. He was even more onside than Austin was against Sunderland this season!

Good point.
I've edited!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our 1974/75 kits on 15:41 - Apr 13 with 2442 viewsthemodfather

there was a great thread about this earlier this season, we had 9 kits that season, nine.....
Our 1974/75 kits on 00:01 - Apr 14 with 2237 viewsBoston

Our 1974/75 kits on 15:41 - Apr 13 by themodfather

there was a great thread about this earlier this season, we had 9 kits that season, nine.....

..green bottles, you slaaaag.

Our 1974/75 kits on 01:08 - Apr 14 with 2194 viewsBoston

…alright, I’ll take the seven if we’re only finishing mid-table.

Our 1974/75 kits on 07:49 - Apr 14 with 2123 viewsWalnut

Our 1974/75 kits on 13:18 - Apr 12 by terryb

I was a mega pedant watching Damned United. That game was mentioned in a scene when Clough was telling (Giles? Bremner?) he was to look after Bowles on Saturday. I hurumphed at that line as it was a midweek game! Come on researchers, was your next film Bohemian Rhapsody?
Login to get fewer ads

Our 1974/75 kits on 09:11 - Apr 14 with 2073 viewsCamberleyR

Our 1974/75 kits on 07:49 - Apr 14 by Walnut

I was a mega pedant watching Damned United. That game was mentioned in a scene when Clough was telling (Giles? Bremner?) he was to look after Bowles on Saturday. I hurumphed at that line as it was a midweek game! Come on researchers, was your next film Bohemian Rhapsody?

"How are we going to stop QPR?"
"Stop Stan Bowles, that's how you stop QPR!"

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024