Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Tonight! 11:13 - Apr 29 with 23264 viewsPinnerPaul

Well this could be fun........

For reasons mentioned previously I won't be going tonight, was convinced pre MW confirmation we would lose, still think that will be the case, however the MW decision makes it a little more complicated!

No one thinks we will win, our price has now drifted to an (almost) tempting 4/1, but still think we will lose and this thread probably won't be a very nice place to be.

Give MW and the players a thank you shout from me, if you're going

UUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:12 - Apr 30 with 986 viewsStevenageRanger

I’m a Warbs fan and sad to him go but that comment has made me laugh more than it should!!!!

Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:14 - Apr 30 with 974 viewsqprphil

Where do we go from here.? I like Warbs but, he hasn't had the ability to stop the slide, just saying.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:15 - Apr 30 with 962 viewsQPR_John

Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:12 - Apr 30 by StevenageRanger

I’m a Warbs fan and sad to him go but that comment has made me laugh more than it should!!!!

What comment
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:40 - Apr 30 with 860 viewsBerkoRanger

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:35 - Apr 29 by Stanisgod

Didnt see much in them really, all relying on set pieces and nothing else, third goal excepted. I dont thing Forest or Huddersfield will be too worried as they might mark at the back post once in a while and keep the ball on the pitch.

That is exactly what I thought about S U, Stanis
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:49 - Apr 30 with 810 viewsBurnleyhoop

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:55 - Apr 29 by THEBUSH

I hope our new manager, whoever he is, gets some tough midfielders in.

With Dozzel and Amos in there we have no chance, they are too lightweight.

Both tidy footballers, but it was men against boys and oap’s out there tonight. Utterly battered into submission.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:53 - Apr 30 with 794 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Match Thread - Tonight! on 07:29 - Apr 30 by QPR_John

I admire your faith. But if you think what has happened to this team since February is not in some way down to the manager what is his job. Every team we have played have been more tactically astute, more powerful, had more pace and moved the ball quicker. All climaxing with Sheffield United tonight. Men against boys hardly sums it up. If Warburton has not managed to change it up to now what makes you think the start of next season will be any different if he stayed. Of course he sorted out numerous problems when he arrived and put the team out to play some really entertaining football for that he deserves some praise but clearly you need more than that. We are not Manchester City and we need the ability to play dirty at times. Warnock had Taarabt to set the ground alight but he also had Derry and Hill. Where in the current team do we have those two. We are too soft.

Sorry, accidentally downvoted you.

Completely agree. There is nothing more damning than the fact their manager identified our weakness defending corner kicks and targeted that. We're a professional team in the second tier of English football yet we looked like a bunch of schoolboys playing a Wormwood Scrubs XI.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2022 8:54]
Match Thread - Tonight! on 09:46 - Apr 30 with 651 viewsLythamR

Match Thread - Tonight! on 07:29 - Apr 30 by QPR_John

I admire your faith. But if you think what has happened to this team since February is not in some way down to the manager what is his job. Every team we have played have been more tactically astute, more powerful, had more pace and moved the ball quicker. All climaxing with Sheffield United tonight. Men against boys hardly sums it up. If Warburton has not managed to change it up to now what makes you think the start of next season will be any different if he stayed. Of course he sorted out numerous problems when he arrived and put the team out to play some really entertaining football for that he deserves some praise but clearly you need more than that. We are not Manchester City and we need the ability to play dirty at times. Warnock had Taarabt to set the ground alight but he also had Derry and Hill. Where in the current team do we have those two. We are too soft.

yeah my point was really responding to those saying along the lines of "I supported warburton but after tonight ..."

I am not blind to imperfections in Warburton but i am not sure who we can replace him with who could wring such a year as 2021 out of the squad available to him. I think he has had a lot go against him since the new year and he is carrying the can for a lot of stuff probably beyond his control.

He is a big boy and understands the nature of the job i am sure, so im not shedding tears for him, if its the wrong decision its us who will be paying the price in the long run.

I fervently hope im wrong and those in the Warburton out camp are proved right
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024