Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Tonight! 11:13 - Apr 29 with 23339 viewsPinnerPaul

Well this could be fun........

For reasons mentioned previously I won't be going tonight, was convinced pre MW confirmation we would lose, still think that will be the case, however the MW decision makes it a little more complicated!

No one thinks we will win, our price has now drifted to an (almost) tempting 4/1, but still think we will lose and this thread probably won't be a very nice place to be.

Give MW and the players a thank you shout from me, if you're going

UUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:52 - Apr 29 with 1754 viewsknocker

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:49 - Apr 29 by Jigsore

there's no prizes for losing 2-1 instead of 3-1, he's on to push for a point

Every cloud. Finished millwall and put luton's playoff chances at risk.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:52 - Apr 29 with 1750 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:42 - Apr 29 by Rangersw12

McCallum, Dykes, Sanderson, Dunne and Adomah all far worse than Johansen tonight

They were all equally shite. That's a lot of non performers in one team 😱
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:52 - Apr 29 with 1752 views222gers

Some months ago we were drooling over this team - you don't suddenly become a bad player. What on earth has happened behind the scenes ?
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 1723 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:52 - Apr 29 by Damo1962

They were all equally shite. That's a lot of non performers in one team 😱

i wouldn't have Dunne in there. He was let down by those around him. Sanderson fought as well, tbh.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 1709 viewsdavman

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:43 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Nick London joins the Ron Atkinson 'Can't be Arsed to Find Out How to Pronounce the Irish Lad's Name Club'.

Phonetically, it's Hoor-ih-han. Sinton got it right every time.

He's failed with Hendrick all season too. That should be pronounced "waste of space".

Not sure anyone should have expected much more tonight. They were shite first half, quality cross, quality header, 1-0. But, as soon as they scored, they were going to launch everything at us; all they have is set pieces and we have, quite simply given up defending them since the turn of the year.

The team has no confidence, no resilience, no backbone, no quality bar Chair and no ability to hold the ball up top. If Swansea get an early goal on Sunday, expect an Avalanche.

Coming round to thinking Warbs going may not be a bad thing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:54 - Apr 29 with 1700 viewsStreathamRanger

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:50 - Apr 29 by Hunterhoop

No chance. He’s done absolutely nothing, we’ve even overrun in the middle, and he’s the captain. Worst performance on the pitch, by some way. Father versus sons stuff.

Johansen is like that guy you play 5 a side with who used to be a good player but can't be arsed to track his runners anymore so always costs you the game. Really hoping we can show him the door at the end of the season.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 1641 viewsTHEBUSH

I hope our new manager, whoever he is, gets some tough midfielders in.

With Dozzel and Amos in there we have no chance, they are too lightweight.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:55 - Apr 29 with 1622 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:45 - Apr 29 by kensalriser

If we needed to know why we're not in the playoffs and Sheff Utd are, that was the definitive tutorial.

Yeah. I thought they looked good and controlled the game. Could be a tough opponent for the play-offs.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:56 - Apr 29 with 1622 viewsPerthRs

If we needed to know why we're not in the playoffs and Sheff Utd are, that was the definitive tutorial.

Totally outplayed, midfield nonexistent, we were taught a painful lesson in how press us into losing possession easily, 15 corners to our 1 and we can’t defend at the far post, piss poor display.
Major issues for whoever comes in.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:56 - Apr 29 with 1619 viewsted_hendrix

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:44 - Apr 29 by Toast_R

Feel for the lad, really let down by the disorganised and frankly gutless defence and overall lack of leadership.

This a thousand times, we haven't looked after the Lad that's what's bloody galling.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:56 - Apr 29 with 1613 viewsBklynRanger

Stats don't tell it all but one shot on target by them first half, 8 on target second. 27 in total. 15 corners.

Where the fcuk was the midfield?

I wouldn't know what to say about that end to the season. Thank god I got operated on yesterday and didn't have to sit upright in a seat watching that second half.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:58 - Apr 29 with 1555 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:53 - Apr 29 by distortR

i wouldn't have Dunne in there. He was let down by those around him. Sanderson fought as well, tbh.

Yeah...my mistake. Dunnei was the only one who looked like an actual defender. Sorry for the young keeper....but he was blameless.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:59 - Apr 29 with 1544 viewsPBLOCK

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:42 - Apr 29 by Rangersw12

McCallum, Dykes, Sanderson, Dunne and Adomah all far worse than Johansen tonight

Sorry disagree with that

I was buzzing when we signed SJ on loan and even more when perm but his form has fallen off a cliff

Dykes when he came on had little service although equally didn’t do much. Adomah was very hit and miss. McCallum I thought was ok and Dunne and Sanderson made some great blocks clearances. The problem for them was it was like the Alamo bar field none of the other midfielders including Stef were stemming the tide he was largely anonymous as were others.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:01 - Apr 29 with 1479 viewsted_hendrix

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:56 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Stats don't tell it all but one shot on target by them first half, 8 on target second. 27 in total. 15 corners.

Where the fcuk was the midfield?

I wouldn't know what to say about that end to the season. Thank god I got operated on yesterday and didn't have to sit upright in a seat watching that second half.

Have you still got all you're important bits?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:03 - Apr 29 with 1437 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:01 - Apr 29 by ted_hendrix

Think so but they seem to be in different places. Very strange. I'm going back next Tuesday for the 'labia' whatever that is.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:03 - Apr 29 with 1432 viewskensalriser

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:43 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Nick London joins the Ron Atkinson 'Can't be Arsed to Find Out How to Pronounce the Irish Lad's Name Club'.

Phonetically, it's Hoor-ih-han. Sinton got it right every time.

I wasn't on that commentary and I'm struggling to think how else you'd pronounce it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:04 - Apr 29 with 1420 views222gers

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:01 - Apr 29 by ted_hendrix

He's had his giblets out.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:06 - Apr 29 with 1384 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:53 - Apr 29 by davman

He's failed with Hendrick all season too. That should be pronounced "waste of space".

Not sure anyone should have expected much more tonight. They were shite first half, quality cross, quality header, 1-0. But, as soon as they scored, they were going to launch everything at us; all they have is set pieces and we have, quite simply given up defending them since the turn of the year.

The team has no confidence, no resilience, no backbone, no quality bar Chair and no ability to hold the ball up top. If Swansea get an early goal on Sunday, expect an Avalanche.

Coming round to thinking Warbs going may not be a bad thing...

Agree. Think that performance might have changed the percentages on Warburton leaving.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:07 - Apr 29 with 1387 viewsGreenbay

FT REPORT and a big thank you Warbs
QPR 1 Sheffield United 3
It was inevitable wasn’t it?
Another defeat to complete three months of horror.
Let’s face it we took a pounding and it could have been so much more.
Two outstanding saves from our 20 year old keeper Murphy Mahoney, cleared shots off the line by McCallum and Sanderson and poor finishing from United kept the score nearly respectable.
After a savage near 13 weeks and a savage last 24 hours before the match what did we really expect?
Charlie, in most likely his final home match, delivered a superb header from a perfect Adomah cross just after the half hour. 1-0 to us at HT.
Not really deserved but we’ll take it before Ndiaye equalized with a close range shot nine minutes after HT following a corner. Then Robinson’s powerful header 17 minutes from time — after yet another set piece — and a cracker from Hourihane in extra time completed a match I want to forget.
Out of luck too when Dunne hit the crossbar towards the end.
Just a thought on Kakay. A substitute 19 minutes from time. He has pace and needs games. I might be out of step with many but he could be a good Championship player for us.
Meantime were play-off chasers Sheffield United that good? Not really.
We were just very poor.
Our 2021 side would have taken all three points.
Regardless of the result - this match was all about Warbs.
How does a manager react when he knows he has just two games left in charge?
And especially - as he confirmed before this final home game of the season - that he would have loved to have stayed at the club.
My word — he looked worn out and appeared shocked at the club’s decision.
Even when applauding the crowd he looked close to tears. It’s so bloody sad.
With nil discussions taking place he has been IMO brutally evicted.
Am I upset? You bet I am.
The reason - wouldn’t you have a word with one of your employees before saying — ‘sorry mate time-up?’ Or sorry your contract is not being extended.
At least have a chat.
It all seems a big mess.
Are we going back to 3 years ago? It seems that way. It looks like we’re going to start all over again.
After the first season with Warbs we thought those messy days were over.
We were back to being a respected club.
And now - perhaps not.
What we liked about Warbs is his respect for others, his dignity and being an honourable man.
You think those qualities would have ended up in the DNA of our younger players.
Then you add - did he give us a great year in 2021?
You bet he did. It was our best year for years. It seemed like he was a genius of a coach as well with his wing-back system.
But we have to take on board why did we collapse since the start of February?
It's so hard to understand that one minute we were closing in on second spot and then this collapse.
As many have said on these threads something awful must have happened behind the scenes. Yes of course all those injuries hugely impacted our performances.
Perhaps it was the greatest impact of all.
And we’ll probably never know the reasons why our downfall happened.
In a strange way I’m more saddened by the departure of Warbs than our recent ‘falling off a cliff.’
And I’ll tell you why — that’s apart from the loss of a manager with good principles.
It’s because of the unknown — it’s because we don’t know what sort of manager is going to be hired — we don’t know whether some of our best players may leave — we shudder at the possible prospect of battling in a relegation fight next season — the 2021 style of football, which most of us would agree was wonderful to watch, may disappear too.
So as fans we are worried about the unknown.
We need stability — not instability.
The last three months though is puzzling and HAS to be taken into account.
But Warbs did turn it around at the start of last year after a horrendous start to the 2020 season. But the Board obviously felt otherwise.
We knew what we had with Warbs.
But now it’s all change. Will we go back to our 16th place in the Championship and that counts as a successful season? As said will we fight against relegation? The chances of a top six finish next year seem remote considering our budgets. Who knows.
So although it has been a roller-coaster ride with Warbs — I’m really sorry to see him go.
It’s the unknown that really worries me and maybe it may worry you too.
And of course there’s always two sides of a coin — two sides of a discussion.
Warbs — as you would expect — treated this game with his usual dignity.
Have you noticed how he always goes to the opposition bench before the start of any match to say hello and shake hands. That’s respect.
On this occasion the opposition manager Paul Heckingbottom beat him to it.
In his three years Warbs produced miracles considering how comparatively poor we are with the owners plunging in 1.5 million or so a month. That is quite something. And as Warbs says — they write the cheques and it’s their decision.
But what manager survives such a horrific three months. NONE.
Final word - a big thank you to Warbs — you brought our self-respect back.
You will be missed.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:07 - Apr 29 with 1385 viewsToast_R

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:59 - Apr 29 by PBLOCK

Sorry disagree with that

I was buzzing when we signed SJ on loan and even more when perm but his form has fallen off a cliff

Dykes when he came on had little service although equally didn’t do much. Adomah was very hit and miss. McCallum I thought was ok and Dunne and Sanderson made some great blocks clearances. The problem for them was it was like the Alamo bar field none of the other midfielders including Stef were stemming the tide he was largely anonymous as were others.

I thought McCallum was pathetic for Robinsons goal. All second half Sheffield were hitting that far post cross and everytime they had a free header where they'd head back across goal and be queing up for it in the middle. What happens? Get a free kick, hit it out to the farside, McCallum woefully loses his man like its a surprise, free header back across all queing up to score. In-f*cking'furiating.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:09 - Apr 29 with 1340 viewsBoston

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. And, as the season started the run in, we collapsed, as most of the rest got a move on. I quite like the nucleus of the squad, but the lack of serious attacking play and ease we have been opened up at the back in the last few months is truly concerning.
A big thank you to Mark Warburton, he improved us when things looked very dire, but the observations of his limitations, repeated by many supporters of the other teams he has managed, have never left the back of my mind and, I'm afraid to say, appear true. I wish him well in the future.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:09 - Apr 29 with 1335 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Thank the Lord I don't have to watch that dross for another three months. That second-half performance was lamentable.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:11 - Apr 29 with 1298 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:43 - Apr 29 by paulparker

We are bang in trouble next year
I hope Les has his eye on two new fullbacks, 2 strikers and a midfielder who can kick some people

Only if they're at Spurs' training complex.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:12 - Apr 29 with 1291 viewsDieByYourSide

The bread’s gone stale

Poll: And it's hi ho

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:14 - Apr 29 with 1264 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:56 - Apr 29 by PerthRs

Totally outplayed, midfield nonexistent, we were taught a painful lesson in how press us into losing possession easily, 15 corners to our 1 and we can’t defend at the far post, piss poor display.
Major issues for whoever comes in.

Tough gig alright.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024