Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread - Tonight! 11:13 - Apr 29 with 23342 viewsPinnerPaul

Well this could be fun........

For reasons mentioned previously I won't be going tonight, was convinced pre MW confirmation we would lose, still think that will be the case, however the MW decision makes it a little more complicated!

No one thinks we will win, our price has now drifted to an (almost) tempting 4/1, but still think we will lose and this thread probably won't be a very nice place to be.

Give MW and the players a thank you shout from me, if you're going

UUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:15 - Apr 29 with 2771 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:45 - Apr 29 by distortR

we discussed this earlier, Brian.
If we can't pronounce the native name, we'll give it an approximation and call it ours. A bit like my dog pissing on everything he walks past, and going "That's mine now"

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:17 - Apr 29 with 2758 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:03 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Think so but they seem to be in different places. Very strange. I'm going back next Tuesday for the 'labia' whatever that is.

well, keir starmer seems to think i have a cervix, damned if i can find it though. Might be in the shed, I suppose.

get well soon, mate
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:18 - Apr 29 with 2735 viewsPBLOCK

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:07 - Apr 29 by Toast_R

I thought McCallum was pathetic for Robinsons goal. All second half Sheffield were hitting that far post cross and everytime they had a free header where they'd head back across goal and be queing up for it in the middle. What happens? Get a free kick, hit it out to the farside, McCallum woefully loses his man like its a surprise, free header back across all queing up to score. In-f*cking'furiating.

Fair enough different opinions

The one thing I would agree with you was the set pieces. We were putting everyone behind the ball and yet it appeared they always appeared to have a man over?

To me that’s down to the Captain and Manager. Be brave leave two up they then have to leave at least two back unless very ballsy possibly 3 even.

Would say well done to Mahoney. Made a couple of more than decent saves and did well for his home debut
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:26 - Apr 29 with 2599 viewsBoston

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:43 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

Nick London joins the Ron Atkinson 'Can't be Arsed to Find Out How to Pronounce the Irish Lad's Name Club'.

Phonetically, it's Hoor-ih-han. Sinton got it right every time.

Indeed, you'd have to be a total hoor to mispronounce a word.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 2521 viewsDamo1962

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:07 - Apr 29 by Greenbay

FT REPORT and a big thank you Warbs
QPR 1 Sheffield United 3
It was inevitable wasn’t it?
Another defeat to complete three months of horror.
Let’s face it we took a pounding and it could have been so much more.
Two outstanding saves from our 20 year old keeper Murphy Mahoney, cleared shots off the line by McCallum and Sanderson and poor finishing from United kept the score nearly respectable.
After a savage near 13 weeks and a savage last 24 hours before the match what did we really expect?
Charlie, in most likely his final home match, delivered a superb header from a perfect Adomah cross just after the half hour. 1-0 to us at HT.
Not really deserved but we’ll take it before Ndiaye equalized with a close range shot nine minutes after HT following a corner. Then Robinson’s powerful header 17 minutes from time — after yet another set piece — and a cracker from Hourihane in extra time completed a match I want to forget.
Out of luck too when Dunne hit the crossbar towards the end.
Just a thought on Kakay. A substitute 19 minutes from time. He has pace and needs games. I might be out of step with many but he could be a good Championship player for us.
Meantime were play-off chasers Sheffield United that good? Not really.
We were just very poor.
Our 2021 side would have taken all three points.
Regardless of the result - this match was all about Warbs.
How does a manager react when he knows he has just two games left in charge?
And especially - as he confirmed before this final home game of the season - that he would have loved to have stayed at the club.
My word — he looked worn out and appeared shocked at the club’s decision.
Even when applauding the crowd he looked close to tears. It’s so bloody sad.
With nil discussions taking place he has been IMO brutally evicted.
Am I upset? You bet I am.
The reason - wouldn’t you have a word with one of your employees before saying — ‘sorry mate time-up?’ Or sorry your contract is not being extended.
At least have a chat.
It all seems a big mess.
Are we going back to 3 years ago? It seems that way. It looks like we’re going to start all over again.
After the first season with Warbs we thought those messy days were over.
We were back to being a respected club.
And now - perhaps not.
What we liked about Warbs is his respect for others, his dignity and being an honourable man.
You think those qualities would have ended up in the DNA of our younger players.
Then you add - did he give us a great year in 2021?
You bet he did. It was our best year for years. It seemed like he was a genius of a coach as well with his wing-back system.
But we have to take on board why did we collapse since the start of February?
It's so hard to understand that one minute we were closing in on second spot and then this collapse.
As many have said on these threads something awful must have happened behind the scenes. Yes of course all those injuries hugely impacted our performances.
Perhaps it was the greatest impact of all.
And we’ll probably never know the reasons why our downfall happened.
In a strange way I’m more saddened by the departure of Warbs than our recent ‘falling off a cliff.’
And I’ll tell you why — that’s apart from the loss of a manager with good principles.
It’s because of the unknown — it’s because we don’t know what sort of manager is going to be hired — we don’t know whether some of our best players may leave — we shudder at the possible prospect of battling in a relegation fight next season — the 2021 style of football, which most of us would agree was wonderful to watch, may disappear too.
So as fans we are worried about the unknown.
We need stability — not instability.
The last three months though is puzzling and HAS to be taken into account.
But Warbs did turn it around at the start of last year after a horrendous start to the 2020 season. But the Board obviously felt otherwise.
We knew what we had with Warbs.
But now it’s all change. Will we go back to our 16th place in the Championship and that counts as a successful season? As said will we fight against relegation? The chances of a top six finish next year seem remote considering our budgets. Who knows.
So although it has been a roller-coaster ride with Warbs — I’m really sorry to see him go.
It’s the unknown that really worries me and maybe it may worry you too.
And of course there’s always two sides of a coin — two sides of a discussion.
Warbs — as you would expect — treated this game with his usual dignity.
Have you noticed how he always goes to the opposition bench before the start of any match to say hello and shake hands. That’s respect.
On this occasion the opposition manager Paul Heckingbottom beat him to it.
In his three years Warbs produced miracles considering how comparatively poor we are with the owners plunging in 1.5 million or so a month. That is quite something. And as Warbs says — they write the cheques and it’s their decision.
But what manager survives such a horrific three months. NONE.
Final word - a big thank you to Warbs — you brought our self-respect back.
You will be missed.

He can leave with his head held high. For a while he allowed us all to dream, before the usual "QPR way" of bollocking things up...reached new levels. He or any other manager, is not going to survive that TBH.Think some players need to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror tonight as well. I know I keep banging on about this, but the new manager need's to make us much harder to take points off at LR. For too long it has been poor. And for a club in our situation, that needs to sell lots of Season tickets - you need a good home record. I believe this is the basis for the club to have a brighter future, and hopefully a more successful one.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:33 - Apr 29 with 2525 viewsRangersw12

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:18 - Apr 29 by PBLOCK

Fair enough different opinions

The one thing I would agree with you was the set pieces. We were putting everyone behind the ball and yet it appeared they always appeared to have a man over?

To me that’s down to the Captain and Manager. Be brave leave two up they then have to leave at least two back unless very ballsy possibly 3 even.

Would say well done to Mahoney. Made a couple of more than decent saves and did well for his home debut

Watch Dykes duck the header for Robinsons goal

Dunne could also have done better
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:35 - Apr 29 with 2480 viewsBklynRanger

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:17 - Apr 29 by distortR

well, keir starmer seems to think i have a cervix, damned if i can find it though. Might be in the shed, I suppose.

get well soon, mate

Cheers mate, do appreciate it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for that cervix.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:35 - Apr 29 with 2468 viewsStanisgod

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:55 - Apr 29 by Damo1962

Yeah. I thought they looked good and controlled the game. Could be a tough opponent for the play-offs.

Didnt see much in them really, all relying on set pieces and nothing else, third goal excepted. I dont thing Forest or Huddersfield will be too worried as they might mark at the back post once in a while and keep the ball on the pitch.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:55 - Apr 29 with 2277 viewsManinBlack

Their manager said afterwards that set pieces were a tactic and clearly he has seen that in the last 15 games that we can't defend them. This is not the first time at home where we vanished in the second half. To allow 28 shots on our goal at our home is abysmal by any standards. We had 5 touches in their penalty box in the second half. You could always guarantee that when kicking towards the Loft in the second half we would step up a gear but this year it seems like we have given up on making any attacking effort.

The bad habits in this poor run have resurfaced like conceding goals either side of half time, losing away, equally soft at home, the return of the losing mentality, awful football of league one standard and our usual poor run in the final 8 games of the season, last season excepted. Or in this case dreadful last 16 games.

With the loss of the manager it really feels like we have gone full circle to a similar mess when he arrived and another tough season awaits.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:59 - Apr 29 with 2235 viewsactonman

And that ladies and gentlemen is why warbs lost his job !
1st half , the better team playing ok, 2nd half oppo manager addresses their shortcomings whilst reacting to ours and his team comes out and lays siege in our half while we bend over taking it dry roasted up the rear !
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:03 - Apr 29 with 2179 viewsstevec

Applauding Warbs and that lot off in front of a few thousand diehards still hanging around the ground was a mildly disturbing experience tonight.

At this precise moment, stuck on the slowest of slow Southern trains, I am not feeling hopeful about next season.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:06 - Apr 29 with 2161 viewsdmm

I haven't read the thread but can guess at the tone of most of the comments. It was a lamentable performance that started poorly and went downhill from there. Sheff Utd were not much to write home about, but found us pretty easy opponents to beat. Six months ago, however, we'd have won comfortably against them.

What a disappointing game.

Good night.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:10 - Apr 29 with 2134 viewsthemodfather

not happy. we were poor again. poor subs imo, we looked ferked
we need to remember we are qpr not a spurs feeder club and do not want spurs people at heart here, imo. nor do we want chelsea.
awful tonight and for near 3 months it's been clear ...the hope kept us going, great support by our fans
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:28 - Apr 29 with 1995 viewsMrSheen

We looked like a scratch team, low on confidence, they were bigger, stronger and well organised. Disappointed by the second goal, as we were holding a welcome briefing for Kakay while they rolled out a rehearsed move, but otherwise a good rearguard action.

It was a bit sad that so many huffed off at the end rather than wait for the lap at the end. You’re within your rights to consider yourself a consumer, but I enjoy being a fan of a football club, not a subscriber.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:32 - Apr 29 with 1974 viewsted_hendrix

Match Thread - Tonight! on 22:03 - Apr 29 by BklynRanger

Think so but they seem to be in different places. Very strange. I'm going back next Tuesday for the 'labia' whatever that is.

Good luck with It Mate, look after yourself.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:32 - Apr 29 with 1974 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought 2nd half we were crying out for Dom Ball, to shore up the midfield and give extra height at set pieces
Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:42 - Apr 29 with 1908 viewsStanisgod

Oh to have ONE player who can take corners like that, let alone two!!

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:43 - Apr 29 with 1898 viewsNed_Kennedys

Match Thread - Tonight! on 21:55 - Apr 29 by THEBUSH

I hope our new manager, whoever he is, gets some tough midfielders in.

With Dozzel and Amos in there we have no chance, they are too lightweight.

This.
Dozzell, Amos and Johansen were nowhere to be seen in that 2nd half: Ball (or even Hendrick) were needed to give us some presence and height to counter their onslaught. McCallum was dreadful, they always seemed to have a man unmarked on our left.
Felt sorry for the kid in goal and Dunne & Sanderson: they had no support back there at all.
Possibly the most one sided 2nd half I’ve seen for many a year.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 00:35 - Apr 30 with 1685 viewsslmrstid

I've really liked Warburton but I thinÄ· tonight has probably shown why the board have taken the decision they have.

Overall just very disappointed a season that promised so much has ultimately delivered so little.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 00:53 - Apr 30 with 1625 viewsqueensparker

Just back - what a sad end to the Warburton era. The team that guaranteed entertainment if not results for most of the lockdown era and kept us all going has evaporated and a half empty crowd clapped slowly as they trudged off. And it was another sht performance let’s face it.

Didn’t speak to almost anyone in the pubs tonight who wanted him gone.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 01:32 - Apr 30 with 1553 viewsLythamR

Tonights performance was pretty much everything i expected from a team with a number of second string square pegs playing in round holes who positionally had nothing to play for and have learned that the manager is leaving, supplemented with a couple of loan players playing their penultimate games against a team with everything to play for

Hasnt changed my opinion of Warburton or my feelings about the decision to let him go one iota
Match Thread - Tonight! on 05:37 - Apr 30 with 1407 viewslarsricchi

Match Thread - Tonight! on 20:59 - Apr 29 by EmpireStateRanger

Looks like they did a few lines during halftime while we took some melatonin.

Sorry ESR. Fat fingers on a phone screen means I hit the wrong arrow.

Just watched the replay on ESPN+ after avoiding the match all day over here in US. Still reeling from the second 45 played entirely in our own half in front of voracious away fans (sounded deafening on the TV feed, anyway). Passing seemed woeful all game and concentration often waned. Midfield nonexistent. At one point I held out hope that Mahoney would continue the improbable but that was asking too much wasn’t it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

Like many others, I want to know how it’s all gone so wrong. But I’d settle for a pep talk detailing how we pivot next season. I keep looking for the former and find nothing more than Dave Mc tweets that annoy me more than they should. Not sure anyone can provide the latter right now.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 06:46 - Apr 30 with 1315 viewsdistortR

Match Thread - Tonight! on 23:43 - Apr 29 by Ned_Kennedys

This.
Dozzell, Amos and Johansen were nowhere to be seen in that 2nd half: Ball (or even Hendrick) were needed to give us some presence and height to counter their onslaught. McCallum was dreadful, they always seemed to have a man unmarked on our left.
Felt sorry for the kid in goal and Dunne & Sanderson: they had no support back there at all.
Possibly the most one sided 2nd half I’ve seen for many a year.

They kept trying to get information to McCallum, but he couldn't seem to get it on board. Funnily enough, thought he was decent first half.
So, is over-loading the back post something Sheff Utd regularly do? If so, there's no excuse for the chaos it caused.

On a seperate theme, if Barbet wants to stay but hasn't been offered a contract or talks, I can't get my head round that.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 07:29 - Apr 30 with 1228 viewsQPR_John

Match Thread - Tonight! on 01:32 - Apr 30 by LythamR

Tonights performance was pretty much everything i expected from a team with a number of second string square pegs playing in round holes who positionally had nothing to play for and have learned that the manager is leaving, supplemented with a couple of loan players playing their penultimate games against a team with everything to play for

Hasnt changed my opinion of Warburton or my feelings about the decision to let him go one iota

I admire your faith. But if you think what has happened to this team since February is not in some way down to the manager what is his job. Every team we have played have been more tactically astute, more powerful, had more pace and moved the ball quicker. All climaxing with Sheffield United tonight. Men against boys hardly sums it up. If Warburton has not managed to change it up to now what makes you think the start of next season will be any different if he stayed. Of course he sorted out numerous problems when he arrived and put the team out to play some really entertaining football for that he deserves some praise but clearly you need more than that. We are not Manchester City and we need the ability to play dirty at times. Warnock had Taarabt to set the ground alight but he also had Derry and Hill. Where in the current team do we have those two. We are too soft.
Match Thread - Tonight! on 08:06 - Apr 30 with 1113 viewsStevenageRanger

I’m a Warbs fan and sad to see him go but that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024