Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders 06:12 - May 20 with 21770 viewsdavman

Jeez, the football world is f-d up again. There are laws in place for encroaching on the field of play and what happened this week explains exactly why.

Sharp had no time to react to the high vis fat cannonball attacker, who has rightly been convicted and no doubt Viera and McBurnie will get some form of punishment. But Viera and McB's "victims" will get off Scott free even though they are law breakers by just being there. Getting on the pitch is one thing, but if you act like a massive weapon when you are on there, you should have every legal order thrown at you.

Loads of people think it's just an innocent laugh pitch invading, but I'd imagine that, with the percentage of idiots that live amongst us, it is probably really frightening for both sets of players and staff. After all, no pitch invasion, no provocation and no punishment for Viera and Mr. Completescotsname.

I hope they chuck the book at Forest and Everton and threaten them with a behind closed doors game for letting that happen. Disgraceful.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 11:41 - May 22 with 1931 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Are we really talking about taking booze out of football grounds?

35,000,000 attendees at football matches in the football league this season and we're bending to the behaviour of 500 arseholes.

We are doing the work of the old bill, government, and Daily Mail for them.

Let fans set the standard of behaviour through a body like the FSA or FSE and then hold individuals to account afterwards. I'm sick of having cameras shoved in my face outside train stations and pubs because the old bill need to justify their own existence.

I want to be able to have a pint and a pie in my seat and not have my groin patted down by middle aged northerners every time I visit an away ground. If I behave like a prick then punish me not the football community.

Treat people like animals and they'll behave like it.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 11:43]
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:39 - May 22 with 1829 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 11:41 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

35,000,000 attendees at football matches in the football league this season and we're bending to the behaviour of 500 arseholes.

Let fans set the standard of behaviour through a body like the FSA or FSE and then hold individuals to account afterwards. I'm sick of having cameras shoved in my face outside train stations and pubs because the old bill need to justify their own existence.

I want to be able to have a pint and a pie in my seat and not have my groin patted down by middle aged northerners every time I visit an away ground. If I behave like a prick then punish me not the football community.

I agree with everything you say apart from drinking in the seats. It would be dire. Particularly now it’s really cool to launch your pint in the air when England score. Coming back from Huddersfield Town soaked in Carling in the middle of December - fck that.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:55 - May 22 with 1807 viewsClive_Anderson

Quite reassuring to know that it's not just this local town that is suddenly half full of bell ends

I enjoyed your rant Clive, but it made me laugh a bit when you said that no one is prepared to listen to other opinions and also that the lockdowns may have been a bit OTT, when the bloke on here saying exactly that got hounded off and then later banned
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:57 - May 22 with 1806 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:39 - May 22 by Northernr

I agree with everything you say apart from drinking in the seats. It would be dire. Particularly now it’s really cool to launch your pint in the air when England score. Coming back from Huddersfield Town soaked in Carling in the middle of December - fck that.

It's playing to the lowest common denominator again though isn't it? Also, the problem of beer throwing looks worse because social media makes it it look more prolific than it is.

I've never seen it outside of wa nky Twitter vids.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:22 - May 22 with 1774 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:57 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

It's playing to the lowest common denominator again though isn't it? Also, the problem of beer throwing looks worse because social media makes it it look more prolific than it is.

I've never seen it outside of wa nky Twitter vids.

So, Social Media says it happens all the time; you say it hardly happens. As always, extremes, eh? Somewhere between the two I think.

As Clive says, I'd prefer it never to happen personally...

Yes, we should be able to trust people to do the right thing like we should trust leaders of the Major World Countries to do the right thing. Guess what, they don't ever.

Where I am fully with you, is monitor the crowd better and throw the book at anyone caught being an arse. Unfortunately, the authorities never seem to do that and it'd just cause trouble by them grabbing someone at a game...

Can we go out yet?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:39 - May 22 with 1755 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 12:55 - May 22 by Clive_Anderson

Quite reassuring to know that it's not just this local town that is suddenly half full of bell ends

I enjoyed your rant Clive, but it made me laugh a bit when you said that no one is prepared to listen to other opinions and also that the lockdowns may have been a bit OTT, when the bloke on here saying exactly that got hounded off and then later banned

He didn't get banned for that.

If I banned all the accounts I disagreed with that wouldn't be much of a message board and there wouldn't be many of you left.

I think, apart from the spam bots, that's the only account I've deleted off here in at least the last two years. Happy to be corrected on that if I'm wrong but it's not something I do regularly/at all really.

And to clarify for the second time - I'm not saying lockdown restrictions were OTT, but that idea has gained traction and increased anger among some, which is the point I was making.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:48 - May 22 with 1735 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:22 - May 22 by davman

So, Social Media says it happens all the time; you say it hardly happens. As always, extremes, eh? Somewhere between the two I think.

As Clive says, I'd prefer it never to happen personally...

Yes, we should be able to trust people to do the right thing like we should trust leaders of the Major World Countries to do the right thing. Guess what, they don't ever.

Where I am fully with you, is monitor the crowd better and throw the book at anyone caught being an arse. Unfortunately, the authorities never seem to do that and it'd just cause trouble by them grabbing someone at a game...

What's being an arse though?

To the stewards at Stamford bridge it's having the temerity to exist, to Cass Pennant it's knifing someone in a vital organ.

Consult fans, establish the rules, and go from there.

As for beer throwing, I'll wager it hasn't been done since 2019 and that wasn't because you can't drink a beer in your seat at QPR v Barnsley.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:48 - May 22 with 1675 viewsQPsyR

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 11:41 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Ha Ha mate the best bit about football is getting your groin patted down by a middle-aged northern lady ('') I don't get out much tbf
[Post edited 24 May 2022 10:22]

FKA AcidPixie

Login to get fewer ads

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:53 - May 22 with 1666 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:03 - May 20 by Northernr

The other issue if you go all hot, heavy and sweeping is it restricts football fans' right to protest. I'm sure clubs would love that but if you end up with the Allams, the Oystons etc as your owners one of the few, effective methods of protest available to you is to go and disrupt the game and sit on the pitch. I don't remember much condemnation for the poor Oldham fans going on the pitch against Salford the other week, and rightly so IMO. But if you start clamping down then it's hard for a law to distinguish between good pitch invasion and bad pitch invasion.

The other issue with the heavy handed approach is how to prevent supporters from entering the field of play. The only fail-safe method is implementing fencing but then you're reintroducing the risk of another Hillsborough.

Pitch invasions have their place but the Sharp incident has highlighted the fine line between good and bad examples. I dare say that there are a few members of this forum who warmly remember this as a 'good' pitch invasion:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1909233/remember-twickenham-streaker-erika-roe-h
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:57 - May 22 with 1654 viewsstowmarketrange

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:53 - May 22 by Benny_the_Ball

The other issue with the heavy handed approach is how to prevent supporters from entering the field of play. The only fail-safe method is implementing fencing but then you're reintroducing the risk of another Hillsborough.

Pitch invasions have their place but the Sharp incident has highlighted the fine line between good and bad examples. I dare say that there are a few members of this forum who warmly remember this as a 'good' pitch invasion:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1909233/remember-twickenham-streaker-erika-roe-h

Have we ever had a female streaker at loftus road?Its normally fat old blokes that should put more clothes on rather than take them off.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:58 - May 22 with 1652 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:48 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

To the stewards at Stamford bridge it's having the temerity to exist, to Cass Pennant it's knifing someone in a vital organ.

As for beer throwing, I'll wager it hasn't been done since 2019 and that wasn't because you can't drink a beer in your seat at QPR v Barnsley.

Well, in a civilised society, someone has to decide what is right and what is wrong. Acting like an arse should be pretty self explanatory, but I suspect that your line will prove to be a lot more Liberal than mine. Dunno why, just a hunch...

Chucking a beer? Arse.
Swearing a bit? Probably not.
Threatening / goading oppo fans with a slitting throat gesture? Me absolute arse; you (probably) banter, no problem.
Offensive chanting? Now that's grey in terms of where the line is, but needs to be addressed.

I just wanna watch football, celebrate when QPR score / win, moan at the ref a bit and get home. Generally I couldn't give two tosses about the oppo fan. They win, good luck to them,. They leave me alone, I leave them alone. But not everyone has that view do they?

Can we go out yet?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:00 - May 22 with 1651 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:57 - May 22 by stowmarketrange

Have we ever had a female streaker at loftus road?Its normally fat old blokes that should put more clothes on rather than take them off.

We had a blonde lass run on with her top off 1994ish, at home to Leeds I think, protesting Thompson after the sale of Darren Peacock. Top off but bra stayed on. I know this because my old grandad Tom was sitting next to her in the pub for a 3-1 loss at Sheff Wed the following week and told her "we were all proud of you love, but I must say I was disappointed". Denise maybe?

Once again, mine was an inappropriate childhood.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:03 - May 22 with 1641 viewsdistortR

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:00 - May 22 by Northernr

We had a blonde lass run on with her top off 1994ish, at home to Leeds I think, protesting Thompson after the sale of Darren Peacock. Top off but bra stayed on. I know this because my old grandad Tom was sitting next to her in the pub for a 3-1 loss at Sheff Wed the following week and told her "we were all proud of you love, but I must say I was disappointed". Denise maybe?

Once again, mine was an inappropriate childhood.

Yeah, that was Denise, we were with her that day, on and off the pitch. Later that night, a sun photographer tracked her to the White Horse for some more revealing pics, but got chased out for being a scumbag.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:44 - May 22 with 1579 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 14:48 - May 22 by QPsyR

Ha Ha mate the best bit about football is getting your groin patted down by a middle-aged northern lady ('') I don't get out much tbf
[Post edited 24 May 2022 10:22]

You can get that on the top tier of Clive’s Patreon I think.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:45 - May 22 with 1571 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 15:44 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

You can get that on the top tier of Clive’s Patreon I think.

MIDDLE AGED. How dare you.

The rest is correct.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 19:44 - May 22 with 1406 viewsMyke

Also want to clarify Clive, that my 'hindsight is wonderful' comment wasn't directed specifically at you, but rather the general observation that 'we' (royal) could/should have handled Covid differently. I agree that the idea of revolting against the powers that be is gaining traction (globally I suspect -England doesn't have a monopoly on leaders flagrant flouting of their own laws), but also agree that in many cases it is simply an excuse for trouble- makers to make more trouble under the guise of a ;cause'. Rational people may be seriously peed off, but don't go around nutting other people - or worse
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 19:58 - May 22 with 1364 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 13:48 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Does this qualify on the Bazza scale of being an ars?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:13 - May 22 with 1325 viewsdavman

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 19:58 - May 22 by Northernr

Just hi jinx inn'it?

What is it going to take for the excuse merchant's to realise that a total ban is the only safe way?

Is it ever the fault of the masses who now have access to education and information yet still choose to act like absolute weapons? No, its still the fault of the politicians and society in general.

Stop them going on the pitch. It is the only way.

Oh, and for the record there was a beer chucking on screen at Leeds. Not that rare, really...

Can we go out yet?

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:22 - May 22 with 1303 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 19:58 - May 22 by Northernr

Yes.

Good thing he didn't have a beer in his seat though otherwise it could have been a lot worse.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:40 - May 22 with 1262 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:13 - May 22 by davman

Just hi jinx inn'it?

What is it going to take for the excuse merchant's to realise that a total ban is the only safe way?

Is it ever the fault of the masses who now have access to education and information yet still choose to act like absolute weapons? No, its still the fault of the politicians and society in general.

Stop them going on the pitch. It is the only way.

Oh, and for the record there was a beer chucking on screen at Leeds. Not that rare, really...

I can't disagree that a total ban would remove the football fan problem.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 22:15 - May 22 with 1170 viewsdistortR

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 20:40 - May 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I can't disagree that a total ban would remove the football fan problem.

this is all thoroughly depressing. You have to be some level of cowardly dick to do this shit.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 22:29 - May 22 with 1129 viewsNorthernr

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 22:15 - May 22 by distortR

this is all thoroughly depressing. You have to be some level of cowardly dick to do this shit.

But at the risk of repeating myself, you see it everywhere now. I see it on the tube, on nights out. I play small sided football twice a week, I cannot remember the last time I got through a week without an incident in either game.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 22:33 - May 22 with 1128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 22:15 - May 22 by distortR

Fcking moronic is what it is.

Probably undone all the great work on fan governance and rail seating too.
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 23:02 - May 22 with 1071 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/patrick-vieira-everton-football-ass
Viera, McBurnie, Sharp Pitch Invaders on 23:07 - May 22 with 1058 viewsNorthernr

I mean, this wasn't even at the end of the game, this was during play, Eze being chased around the pitch by some fcking horribly cnty shitgibbon with a firework, while some other horrible little cnt runs past with the obligatory phone in the face for the Gram.

You cannot just pat this away with "oh it's only a minority spoiling it for everybody else".

This post has been edited by an administrator
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024