Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World cup 2026 14:31 - Jun 17 with 3447 viewsPaddyhoops

I see the venues for world cup in 2026 have been released which means Mexico will hav e hosted (albeit joint with USA) three times since England in 1966.
FIFA really do not like the idea of a world cup in this country.
World cup 2026 on 17:50 - Jun 17 with 665 viewsjoe90

World cup 2026 on 17:25 - Jun 17 by Rangersw12

We probably won't agree but interested to know if you have followed England abroad recently or just going by what you've seen in the news/papers etc

I've not followed England abroad recently.

I know where you're going with this. I know it's 'not all fans' and I know journo's go looking for a story.

'England fans sitting quietly at a cafe having a beer' isn't exactly going to get the clicks or pictures the media wants. None the less imo there's still an issue with 'low' level loutish behaviour which isn't exclusive to the football following contingent of travelling Brits.

We have a rightly earned bad rep and our actions at the Euro's did us no favours.
World cup 2026 on 18:00 - Jun 17 with 623 viewsessextaxiboy

World cup 2026 on 15:36 - Jun 17 by DWQPR

It's because we were the first to question the goings on at FIFA, putting the likes of Blatter and Jack Warner in the spotlight. They will never forgive the exposure to the corruption at FIFA. We are the sixth richest nation in the world, have the best supported league and the fifth best supported league, some of the best stadia, about to host the Women's Euro's where I heard this morning that the ticket sale count over a month ago topped 400,000. Held the most successful Olympic games of all time, with sell outs for every event, even the 9am heats and the same went for the Paralympics. Compare that to Rio in 2016 where there was chaos in terms of making sure the stadiums were ready and safe and then ended up half full.

Only North America and Morocco bid for 2026
World cup 2026 on 18:49 - Jun 17 with 579 viewspaulparker

World cup 2026 on 17:50 - Jun 17 by joe90

I've not followed England abroad recently.

I know where you're going with this. I know it's 'not all fans' and I know journo's go looking for a story.

'England fans sitting quietly at a cafe having a beer' isn't exactly going to get the clicks or pictures the media wants. None the less imo there's still an issue with 'low' level loutish behaviour which isn't exclusive to the football following contingent of travelling Brits.

We have a rightly earned bad rep and our actions at the Euro's did us no favours.

Perhaps we should be more like Italian fans who think nothing of a 10-1 ambush using belts
Or perhaps the Russians , or maybe like the Mexicans who actually slaughter people on the terraces
Let’s not forget the Poles or those nasty Hungarians who boo the knee
A few divs singing about bombers is kids play compared to some of these nations

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024