Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st Press Conference on the offy! 14:37 - Jun 20 with 8779 viewsPinnerPaul

I HATE criticising the club, all the staff I have dealt with have been unfailingly polite and helpful.

BUT oh dear, come on press department - a video you can barely hear that starts with 12 minutes of two empty chairs and cuts off in mid answer is just not good enough.
1st Press Conference on the offy! on 19:28 - Jun 21 with 1066 viewsAntti_Heinola

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 18:18 - Jun 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm just guessing too, Danny, and not pretending to know.

I have big reservations about hiring a first-time manager, by the way.
The old adage in the building game is that if there's a new material on the market you build your neighbour's house with it first. I think that's usually wise.

Wise, but not really analagous. Has the material been used to build smaller houses, say kennels, really well in the past? Did those kennels win awards? Or did the material build part of a lovely house?

Steve Cooper, Corberan, Farke, Wagner, Rodgers, Parker, and many others all had their first 'first team' gig in this league and all have had success. Every appointment is a risk. If we were going on 'proven' managers which so many on here demand, it's odd to me no one has mentioned Alex Neil. He's 'proven at this level'. But no one would want him.

Bare bones.

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 20:26 - Jun 21 with 922 viewsBrianMcCarthy

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 19:28 - Jun 21 by Antti_Heinola

Wise, but not really analagous. Has the material been used to build smaller houses, say kennels, really well in the past? Did those kennels win awards? Or did the material build part of a lovely house?

Steve Cooper, Corberan, Farke, Wagner, Rodgers, Parker, and many others all had their first 'first team' gig in this league and all have had success. Every appointment is a risk. If we were going on 'proven' managers which so many on here demand, it's odd to me no one has mentioned Alex Neil. He's 'proven at this level'. But no one would want him.

Fair point.

It's only one factor to consider, which is why I only have some reservations rather than being against the move.

Paisley was a first-timer, after all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 20:54 - Jun 21 with 861 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Beale appointment reminds we most of Hasselbaink. The biggest problem I had with him is that the football was so dull. I didn't care about how he spoke or looked or any of that. I literally felt the life draining out of me watching that team play. I'm sure there were some games I enjoyed but I can't think of one.

At the beginning with Warburton I loved watching him speak and loved watching his team play. Towards the end I still loved watching him speak but it wasn't playing out on the pitch.

Seeing the videos from Heston with all the integration you can see why he had to go. If there was indeed a divide.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 21:47 - Jun 21 with 744 viewsAntti_Heinola

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 20:54 - Jun 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

The Beale appointment reminds we most of Hasselbaink. The biggest problem I had with him is that the football was so dull. I didn't care about how he spoke or looked or any of that. I literally felt the life draining out of me watching that team play. I'm sure there were some games I enjoyed but I can't think of one.

At the beginning with Warburton I loved watching him speak and loved watching his team play. Towards the end I still loved watching him speak but it wasn't playing out on the pitch.

Seeing the videos from Heston with all the integration you can see why he had to go. If there was indeed a divide.

Why does Beale remind you of Hasselbaink?

Bare bones.

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 23:31 - Jun 21 with 648 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 21:47 - Jun 21 by Antti_Heinola

Why does Beale remind you of Hasselbaink?

Good question. Similar in being different to our other managers I guess. Not necessarily similar to each other.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 00:47 - Jun 22 with 578 viewsLoftgirl

1st Press Conference on the offy! on 09:43 - Jun 21 by daveB

another interview here

Just love the wind noise. I wonder what he was saying. Couldn't they have done this inside?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024