Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warburtons best QPR XI 19:35 - Jul 4 with 3458 viewsGaxZE

Was chatting with the old man on weekend about some of the players we've had in our team over the Warburton era and how we've been close in two occasions but not quite there. Wanted to see if others would pick for players who played under Mark in his time. I'd hazard a guess, we'd have a pretty strong XI, but curious as to who people would pick including the formation?

Mine would've probably been:

Dieng

Dickie Dunne Barbet

Adomah Field Johanson Manning

Eze Willock

Wells

Feels an absolute crime not playing hugill, austin or dykes with the deliveries Adomah and Manning would've provided. Would this team get promotion? I think it'd probably be top 2. Eze making the difference.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 19:43 - Jul 4 with 3412 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

You've also left out Chair. I'm not sure about Willock and Eze in the same side. I'd like to see it but not sure if it would work.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Warburtons best QPR XI on 19:52 - Jul 4 with 3372 viewsMatch82

Warburtons best QPR XI on 19:43 - Jul 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

You've also left out Chair. I'm not sure about Willock and Eze in the same side. I'd like to see it but not sure if it would work.

I mean it's crystal clear where the weakness has been for Warburton if 3 years and the best striker you have is 6 good weeks from nakhi wells on loan.

Honestly at that point I'd shove Eze, Willock and Chair all in the team and play Willock as a false nine
Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:06 - Jul 4 with 3331 viewsLanhoop

No room for Bright?
Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:14 - Jul 4 with 3295 viewsGaxZE

Warburtons best QPR XI on 19:43 - Jul 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

Always felt chair and Eze got in eachothers way.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:23 - Jul 4 with 3265 viewseastside_r

Brentford
Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:33 - Jul 4 with 3232 viewsstowmarketrange

I’m not sure about having Johanson in our best xi.He didn’t do a great deal from Christmas onwards last season.Maybe he was carrying a knock or just tired though.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:56 - Jul 4 with 3169 viewsDubaiR

Dieng
Ball. Dickie. Dunne Wallace
Chair. Field. Eze
Bright. Willock
Austin
Warburtons best QPR XI on 00:18 - Jul 5 with 2946 viewsdannyblue

Dieng
Dickie Dunne Barbet
BOS Field Johanson Manning
Eze Chair Willock

(BOS played at least a half as a wing back for us and has apparently been 'converted' in Turkey)
Login to get fewer ads

Warburtons best QPR XI on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 2719 viewsGaxZE

Warburtons best QPR XI on 20:56 - Jul 4 by DubaiR

Dieng
Ball. Dickie. Dunne Wallace
Chair. Field. Eze
Bright. Willock
Austin

That's a lot of leg work for Field!

It really does spell out though where we lacked and where we was strong in depth.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 09:45 - Jul 5 with 2671 viewsMyke

The question is, do we mean the best players that Warburton had at his disposal, or the players that performed best for Warburton? Because Austin is a classic example - of all the strikers Warburton had available to him he was the best, but this is largely based on his first stint with QPR, which obviously wasn't under Warburton.For strikers that were more prolific than Austin under Warburton, then Wells, Hugill or Dykes would get the nod.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:09 - Jul 5 with 2630 viewsjoe90

Dieng

Dickie - Dunne - Barbet

Adomah - Wallace

Field

Johanson

Eze - Willock

Wells

Subs: Chair, Bright, Dykes, Amos, Ball

Assuming everyone's playing their best...

Edit: Considering last seasons goalkeeper drama I probably should have Marshal on the bench?
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 12:50]
Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:47 - Jul 5 with 2579 viewsdaveB

I'd go 4-2-3-1

Dieng

Rangel
Dickie
Barbet
Wallace

Field
Johanson

Bright
Eze
Willock

Austin (loan spell Charlie rather than last season)
Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:55 - Jul 5 with 2557 viewsGaxZE

Warburtons best QPR XI on 09:45 - Jul 5 by Myke

The question is, do we mean the best players that Warburton had at his disposal, or the players that performed best for Warburton? Because Austin is a classic example - of all the strikers Warburton had available to him he was the best, but this is largely based on his first stint with QPR, which obviously wasn't under Warburton.For strikers that were more prolific than Austin under Warburton, then Wells, Hugill or Dykes would get the nod.

I was always thinking players who played under Warbs but not based on former glory. So how they performed for him.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:55 - Jul 5 with 2555 viewsed_83

I'd go full Warbsball, with wingbacks who can't really defend and Willock as a false 9. More orthodox options off the bench. Quick passing, slick movement, terrible at defending set pieces. Loads of goals at both ends, would be gloriously watchable chaos.

Dieng

Dickie Dunne Barbet

BOS Johansen Field Manning

Chair Willock Eze

Bench: Lumley, Hall, De Wijs, Adomah, Wallace, Ball, Amos, Wells, Hugill
Warburtons best QPR XI on 11:38 - Jul 5 with 2501 viewsLongsufferingR

Hmm. Lots of votes for Dieng but statistically wasn't our best goalkeeper Lee Wallace?
Warburtons best QPR XI on 13:34 - Jul 5 with 2388 viewsMyke

Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:55 - Jul 5 by GaxZE

I was always thinking players who played under Warbs but not based on former glory. So how they performed for him.

I agree which would rule Austin out.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 13:41 - Jul 5 with 2370 viewsMyke

Dieng

Dickie Hall Barbet
Rangel Manning
Field Ball
Chair Willock
Eze
Based on the premise that although Wells/Hugill/Dykes all managed 15 goal seasons (or thereabouts), none of them played consistently well during Warburton's tenure
[Post edited 5 Jul 2022 13:47]
Warburtons best QPR XI on 23:47 - Jul 5 with 2202 viewsDubaiR

Shocked how many gone for manning was defensively poor and creatively Wallace offered just as much.
Warburtons best QPR XI on 10:59 - Jul 6 with 2041 viewsGaxZE

Warburtons best QPR XI on 23:47 - Jul 5 by DubaiR

Shocked how many gone for manning was defensively poor and creatively Wallace offered just as much.

Agreed defensively we struggled with Manning but offensively he was for me quite a cut above Wallace, more consistent and way more creative.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024