Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Train strike first day of season. 13:13 - Jul 14 with 6678 viewsSnipper

That’ll hit away fans.

ASLEF drivers to strike at 8 rail companies.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2022 13:14]
Train strike first day of season. on 07:41 - Jul 16 with 971 viewsEsox_Lucius

Train strike first day of season. on 15:11 - Jul 15 by SheffieldHoop

Train divers on 70k, using food banks and taking part-time work between shifts, holding a "GOLF SALE" board on the corner of Argyll/Oxford Street. Whatever next.

You sound like one of those Brexit voting, anti left patriots who were living out in Spain; didn't give a fück about anyone but themselves until Spain started turfing them out and now they want all the help and support they can get. Strikers aren't aren't the problem here.
The poor will never have enough money because the rich will never have enough money.

The grass is always greener.

Train strike first day of season. on 07:53 - Jul 16 with 941 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Train strike first day of season. on 07:41 - Jul 16 by Esox_Lucius

You sound like one of those Brexit voting, anti left patriots who were living out in Spain; didn't give a fück about anyone but themselves until Spain started turfing them out and now they want all the help and support they can get. Strikers aren't aren't the problem here.
The poor will never have enough money because the rich will never have enough money.

‘…The poor will never have enough money because the rich will never have enough money.…’

What a killer line, says it all.

I assume it’s taken from an Esox fable.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Train strike first day of season. on 12:34 - Jul 16 with 748 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 07:41 - Jul 16 by Esox_Lucius

Sounds like you're just describing successful people to me - "Retired from their Directorship and moved to Spain, oooooh how terrible of them! They should be moving back to Carlisle and working to reopen the coal mine! We're the progressives!"

Automate the trains. Critical infrastructure is critical infrastructure, you can't run the central line, or commuter trains between Leeds and Sheffield like a Victorian heritage railway. Get on with it.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Train strike first day of season. on 13:06 - Jul 16 with 721 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 07:20 - Jul 16 by distortR

well, what the railway workers have is leverage.

I'm a gardener. If I go on strike, there will be more wildflowers and insect numbers will rebound.

I have the leverage of a matchstick.

Getting less though thanks to more flexible working. They know the railway is making a loss Mon-Fri. Hence them going at weekends now instead. They'll quickly diminish whatever support they've got.

It's the likes of Clive I feel really sorry for. Done many rail replacement coach services following QPR around the country - Some of the most miserable hours of my life!
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 13:07]

Train strike first day of season. on 13:20 - Jul 16 with 707 viewsdenhamhoop2

Train strike first day of season. on 13:06 - Jul 16 by SheffieldHoop

Getting less though thanks to more flexible working. They know the railway is making a loss Mon-Fri. Hence them going at weekends now instead. They'll quickly diminish whatever support they've got.

It's the likes of Clive I feel really sorry for. Done many rail replacement coach services following QPR around the country - Some of the most miserable hours of my life!

Foolish thinking that the Rail companies will provide Rail Replacement on strike days they won't. There whole thing will be don't travel not our fault those nasty grabbing drivers want more pay(All the while neglecting to mention there pay outs to shareholders who basically provide best part of square f all to the public oh and the cutting of workers pay pension plans and making weekends working days) Then throw in every train company is currently being subsidised by the Government so we are back to a Nationalised Rail Industries only with Private Owned Fare Rates.
Train strike first day of season. on 13:38 - Jul 16 with 679 viewsNorthernr

Train strike first day of season. on 13:06 - Jul 16 by SheffieldHoop

I’m resigned to dodging this sort of stuff all season. Sadly there’s not a lot of wiggle room between “give us a 10% pay rise and rule out compulsory redundancy” and “no”. When everybody clicks their heating back on in October and it hits home that it’s now £400 a month instead of £120 then the sht will really hit the fan and there’ll be more on strike than not. A v bleak winter ahead sadly.
Train strike first day of season. on 13:43 - Jul 16 with 667 viewsdenhamhoop2

Train strike first day of season. on 13:38 - Jul 16 by Northernr

I’m resigned to dodging this sort of stuff all season. Sadly there’s not a lot of wiggle room between “give us a 10% pay rise and rule out compulsory redundancy” and “no”. When everybody clicks their heating back on in October and it hits home that it’s now £400 a month instead of £120 then the sht will really hit the fan and there’ll be more on strike than not. A v bleak winter ahead sadly.

Like virtually every other situation in modern times there seems to be no form of compromise from either side and people dig their heels in and all we get are losers on both sides. Oh and don't expect to get much post in August as reasonably certain us posties will be on strike then
Train strike first day of season. on 14:05 - Jul 16 with 649 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 13:43 - Jul 16 by denhamhoop2

Like virtually every other situation in modern times there seems to be no form of compromise from either side and people dig their heels in and all we get are losers on both sides. Oh and don't expect to get much post in August as reasonably certain us posties will be on strike then

I probably wouldn't notice if we didn't get any post for a month now - 90% of what you guys deliver goes straight in the bin. It's the Amazon guys we'd be worried about.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 14:05]

Login to get fewer ads

Train strike first day of season. on 14:12 - Jul 16 with 644 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 13:38 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Either by luck or stupidity, or by living with a Jamaican who keeps the place a solid 28 degrees all year round....I already thought the energy bill was like £400 for the last couple of years and was paying that. I was only really using 120 a month, so now my account is massively in credit heading into this winter. How's that for luck?

This along with a few other things could be why I'm struggling to get my head around the whole cost of living crisis thing that's apparently happening - even tho every time I leave the house, all I see is everyone out spending money like it's going out of fashion. Every flight leaving the country is overbooked. People who previously went to Spain are going to Mexico on holiday now. 2008 recession it is not.

Train strike first day of season. on 14:46 - Jul 16 with 598 viewsdenhamhoop2

Train strike first day of season. on 14:05 - Jul 16 by SheffieldHoop

I probably wouldn't notice if we didn't get any post for a month now - 90% of what you guys deliver goes straight in the bin. It's the Amazon guys we'd be worried about.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 14:05]

You'd be amazed how much of Amazon's stuff is delivered by your postie
Train strike first day of season. on 14:47 - Jul 16 with 596 viewsSheffieldHoop

Train strike first day of season. on 14:46 - Jul 16 by denhamhoop2

You'd be amazed how much of Amazon's stuff is delivered by your postie

Well, it won't be if you lot go on strike! It will be delivered by someone else instead.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2022 14:47]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024