Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst signings - The Times 08:31 - Aug 12 with 6256 viewsPhilmyRs

Noticed we get a few mentions in the Times for worst signings in the premier league. The headline referenced Hateley, so thought yep, 100%, but no, they were actually talking about when we sold him back to Rangers in 96/97 - didn’t even realise the guy could walk by then. But surely the reporter should have been more on the ball with how poor he was for us and one of the worst signings we ever made rather than the 4 games for Rangers he played.

Is big Mark worthy of one of the worst premier league signings? Or am I being a bit harsh as he was following Les so was never going to be that good?
Worst signings - The Times on 16:33 - Aug 12 with 1055 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dalian Atkinson, Brian Deane, Roy Wegerle (re-signing), Niall Quinn would have all been ideal to shoulder the load for a season after Les left.
Worst signings - The Times on 16:38 - Aug 12 with 1045 viewsE17hoop

For info the QPR bit says All QPR signings Summer transfer window (2012) and includes:
Júlio César
José Bosingwa
Andy Johnson
Rob Green
Ryan Nelson
Junior Hoilett
Esteban Granero

Bosingwa was the worst by a CÚNTry mile.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Worst signings - The Times on 16:46 - Aug 12 with 1020 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Worst signings - The Times on 16:38 - Aug 12 by E17hoop

For info the QPR bit says All QPR signings Summer transfer window (2012) and includes:
Júlio César
José Bosingwa
Andy Johnson
Rob Green
Ryan Nelson
Junior Hoilett
Esteban Granero

Bosingwa was the worst by a CÚNTry mile.

Nelson was decent, even if he left far too early.
Worst signings - The Times on 17:04 - Aug 12 with 973 viewsstowmarketrange

Worst signings - The Times on 16:46 - Aug 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Nelson was decent, even if he left far too early.

Exactly mate.We looked half decent until he left for Canada.We were a shambles after he went.
Worst signings - The Times on 17:14 - Aug 12 with 954 viewsEsox_Lucius

Worst signings - The Times on 15:48 - Aug 12 by ted_hendrix

I seem to recall Hateley sarcastically cupping his ear when he scored his first goal for us without the aid of his fcking crutches, pretty certain it was the equalizer at home to Huddersfield in the FA cup, that done It for me with the bloke, I had no time for the bloke anyway.
What used to niggle and baffle me was the signing of Simon Osborn, on the few occasions I saw him play I thought he was very good especially up at Bolton (one of our rare away wins that season), Just couldn't work out why he got so little game time, a very neat and tidy player but seldom used.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 15:48]

He was a direct replacement for Ray Wilkins in midfield, and the manager preferred Ray Wilkins.

The grass is always greener.

Worst signings - The Times on 17:22 - Aug 12 with 945 viewsTripleR

Worst signings - The Times on 17:14 - Aug 12 by Esox_Lucius

He was a direct replacement for Ray Wilkins in midfield, and the manager preferred Ray Wilkins.

Seem to remember he always played well when he returned to LR with Wolves.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 17:25]
Worst signings - The Times on 17:38 - Aug 12 with 924 viewsMedwayR

Not sure of the timing but Kevin Campbell or Dion Dublin may have been options as LF replacement.

Poll: Who’s better?

Worst signings - The Times on 19:26 - Aug 12 with 858 viewsTerry49

The idiot who appears now on the one show, and slagged us off when injured whilst we paid his wages.....Jermain Jenus
Login to get fewer ads

Worst signings - The Times on 19:43 - Aug 12 with 828 viewsdenhamhoop2

Worst signings - The Times on 17:38 - Aug 12 by MedwayR

Not sure of the timing but Kevin Campbell or Dion Dublin may have been options as LF replacement.

Could maybe have gambled on Fjortoft from Swindon he was the Division One top scorer that season but think Kevin Campbell would've been a good replacement. Dublin is a Midlands boy but would have been ideal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024