Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are things simply just coming to the surface 20:43 - Aug 17 with 2282 viewscharmr

Driving this morning to coach an U11 girls team how to play like the Sexton side of 75/76 I wondered and pondered.

Has all that has happened is players have been found wanting and been shown things that they are unable to do. Therefore, and I don’t care for the phrase, being found out, the reason some are players really not making any meaningful impacts on the pitch. We’ve all seen strikers just glad to get a shot off rather then be a finisher.

Warburton got the team playing well yet I never was sure he was moving players out of their comfort zone. Talk on here about modern football, that backwards and sideways stuff stops me watching. Relying on one player to get you out of jail also has no long term success.

As I’ve said before team goals are missing because we have bits and pieces and parts and not a cohesive unit. Very little balance last night I thought.

I think Beale has a way and style he wants and what he has at his disposal doesn’t fit in with that.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 21:05 - Aug 17 with 2152 viewsstanistheman

Agree with you that Beale doesn’t quite have the 11 to play the way he wants.
To do so he needs more pace in midfield then Field, Johansen and Dozzell can provide. Maybe when Amos & Richards return in October he will have what he needs, but until then , imo, he needs to find a different way to play that suits the available players. We will struggle for consistency if he doesn’t.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 06:29 - Aug 18 with 1874 viewsNorthantsHoop

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 21:05 - Aug 17 by stanistheman

To do so he needs more pace in midfield then Field, Johansen and Dozzell can provide. Maybe when Amos & Richards return in October he will have what he needs, but until then , imo, he needs to find a different way to play that suits the available players. We will struggle for consistency if he doesn’t.

Exactly midfield is too slow, need an injection of pace to get ball forward quickly. We will have to wait for Amos to return, not sure how Richards plays.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 07:30 - Aug 18 with 1802 viewsdistortR

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 06:29 - Aug 18 by NorthantsHoop

Exactly midfield is too slow, need an injection of pace to get ball forward quickly. We will have to wait for Amos to return, not sure how Richards plays.

we are so slow in transition. With Roberts, Willock, Armstrong and even shodipo, we need to get the ball up quickly and have them running at a retreating back line.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 07:42 - Aug 18 with 1781 viewsnix

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 07:30 - Aug 18 by distortR

we are so slow in transition. With Roberts, Willock, Armstrong and even shodipo, we need to get the ball up quickly and have them running at a retreating back line.

That was exactly one of the problems on Tuesday night. Blackpool were glaringly quicker in the transition than we were. And you could see the difference in the pressure it put on our defending compared to the pressure we put on theirs.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 07:54 - Aug 18 with 1745 viewsstevec

Spot on, been saying this for sometime.

Hate to say this, but it’s been like this throughout Les tenure. Successful sides need their players to adapt to a playing style and not, as we continually do, fit the style to the players.

From what I’ve seen so far, either Beale only has a plan in his head that doesn’t manifest itself on the field or, and more likely, too many players are limited by their own fallibility’s.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 08:01 - Aug 18 with 1735 viewsLblock

"Relying on one player to get you out of jail also has no long term success"

True dat.

Every now and then we get a Stan, a Sir Les, an Adel or an Eze.... those players are the singular difference but they do need the old piano shifters / water carriers around them and good managers are atuned to that.
However fantastic watching those players is, and they can (and all have) almost single handedly taken us places, it's short termism.

This club has no identity and hasn't had for well over a decade.
It's not just Bungles fault..... we've had clueless owners for a generation or more. The only ones with a plan were Fatty & The Dwarf and that was a short term one as well. You speak to people who have been in the belly of the club and they'll tell you it's still a circus that isn't sure where it wants to go or how to get there.

Such a shame.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 08:10 - Aug 18 with 1707 viewsdmm

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 08:01 - Aug 18 by Lblock

True dat.

Every now and then we get a Stan, a Sir Les, an Adel or an Eze.... those players are the singular difference but they do need the old piano shifters / water carriers around them and good managers are atuned to that.
However fantastic watching those players is, and they can (and all have) almost single handedly taken us places, it's short termism.

It's not just Bungles fault..... we've had clueless owners for a generation or more. The only ones with a plan were Fatty & The Dwarf and that was a short term one as well. You speak to people who have been in the belly of the club and they'll tell you it's still a circus that isn't sure where it wants to go or how to get there.

Such a shame.

On your statement about club direction, the club has been saying for a number of years what its strategy is and is building a new training facility to help enable that. It may be far from perfect, but there is a plan.
Are things simply just coming to the surface on 09:52 - Aug 18 with 1576 viewsdavman

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 08:01 - Aug 18 by Lblock

True dat.

Such a shame.

No, Fatty and the Poisoned Dwarf had just one plan - throw money at it, sack managers until one sticks, fade into the background to let him do his magic, get to the cash league, sell to an idiot just before destroying the club's chance of building on the promotion team by delaying so, so long.

The promoted team had Adel and a really, really good team around him. Because of the new money coming in that manager and that team was ruined.

They would not have been successful under FFP. They got lucky, QPR got unlucky.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 09:57 - Aug 18 with 1566 viewsdavman

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 21:05 - Aug 17 by stanistheman

Here's the thing.

A top coach will adapt to the players he has, not try to get them to do something that they can't do. Managing my son's team up to u13, I had shite players to try to organise. We had a good fast boy up top, so I organised the defence and midfield to close space and told them to boot it into the corners where the good one could run on to it and invariably score.

Not the way I want to play, but those were the players and their limitations I had.

Now, be clear that I am not suggesting that I am better than professional coaches, but you must adapt. If the players are not quite good enough, simplify it so that you get them to be as effective as they can be.

I am 100% sure that no manager would claim to have ALL the players they want / need.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 9:59]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 14:36 - Aug 18 with 1364 viewsLblock

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 08:10 - Aug 18 by dmm

On your statement about club direction, the club has been saying for a number of years what its strategy is and is building a new training facility to help enable that. It may be far from perfect, but there is a plan.

The training ground... what a chestnut that is.

If that's the sum total of their plan then God help us.
They've made a dogs dinner of that so far an all !!

Be superb to have our own hub with quality pitches, facilities and shiney club crests everywhere.
That doesn't produce a better club - its what's in the building and on the pitches that counts. Hopefully that facility will attract better personnel.

We'll see.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 14:43 - Aug 18 with 1336 viewsMatch82

Are things simply just coming to the surface on 07:54 - Aug 18 by stevec

Spot on, been saying this for sometime.

Hate to say this, but it’s been like this throughout Les tenure. Successful sides need their players to adapt to a playing style and not, as we continually do, fit the style to the players.

From what I’ve seen so far, either Beale only has a plan in his head that doesn’t manifest itself on the field or, and more likely, too many players are limited by their own fallibility’s.

"Successful sides need their players to adapt to a playing style and not, as we continually do, fit the style to the players."

This is absolutely correct, and also makes the transition from one manager to the next easier. While no two managers are exactly alike in style it feels like Beale is at least slightly closer to Warburton in approach than the absolute scattergun nonsense manager appointments we have had in the past. Slightly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024