Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Visit to the cottage 19:41 - Aug 20 with 11615 viewsStreathamRanger

Mate gave me his season tickets to Fulham today. In the Putney end right next to the Brentford fans. Not been to craven cottage since watching us there with Rob Steiner in attack around 1999. They've smartened the place up a bit. Lovely ground.
Thought it was a bit odd going through the same turnstiles as the Brentford fans but both sets of fans seemed to mix without any bother.
Was glorious seeing the Brentford goal disallowed by VAR. Their fans fans think they're the dogs bollocks so I was delighted when Mitrovic banged in a late winner to ruin their day.
Sitting next to a bloke in Burgundy shoes, burgundy trousers and a burgundy shirt. Wonder if it was our mate Konk. Crowd seemed a bit more Rugby/Cricket then what I'm used to at Loftus Road although that may have just been the stand I was in. All in all a good day out. Nice watching a game with nothing really riding on it after the disappointment of watching us against Blackpool on Tuesday.
Visit to the cottage on 20:06 - Aug 20 with 6628 viewsHAMRanger

TW*T
Visit to the cottage on 20:08 - Aug 20 with 6614 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 20:06 - Aug 20 by HAMRanger

TW*T

Thanks for that
Visit to the cottage on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 6561 viewsqpr_1968

streatham, couldnt you get a ticket for our game against rotherham today?

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Visit to the cottage on 20:16 - Aug 20 with 6532 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 20:12 - Aug 20 by qpr_1968

streatham, couldnt you get a ticket for our game against rotherham today?

No doubt I could have done. Mate offered me his seats for the Fulham game today. 3 kids, summer holidays don't come cheap, decided to go for the freebie. Took one of the kids to the Blackpool game on Tuesday Doesn't sound like I missed a classic today.
Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 6418 viewsEalingHoop81

Don’t get the negativity on here. Glad you had a 5 goal thriller. Sort of lose lose watching Fulham vs Brentford. Please tell us they weren’t selling those half and half scarves!?
Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 6368 viewsstainrods_elbow

Visit to the cottage on 20:16 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

No doubt I could have done. Mate offered me his seats for the Fulham game today. 3 kids, summer holidays don't come cheap, decided to go for the freebie. Took one of the kids to the Blackpool game on Tuesday Doesn't sound like I missed a classic today.

Call me, old-fashioned (again) but I thought this was a QPR fans forum, not a floating fans board for supporters who are happy enough to go and watch Fulham rather than their own team. Weird!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 with 6399 viewsParkRoyalR

Visit to the cottage on 20:16 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

Listened to a podcast with Ealing resident, Cork City + life-long Chelsea fan Mick Lynch this week and he mentioned his two teams as above and then mentioned Brentford,

Maybe easy done when you're teams never played each other's and you're team is a grand for a season ticket but these sort of one or two season two teamers do my head-in.

Different country I get, but just because your team's doing badly or its too expensive to go, if you want a 2nd team, go Non-League!
Visit to the cottage on 20:36 - Aug 20 with 6391 viewsEalingHoop81

Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 by stainrods_elbow

Call me, old-fashioned (again) but I thought this was a QPR fans forum, not a floating fans board for supporters who are happy enough to go and watch Fulham rather than their own team. Weird!

He’s already said - he has 3 kids, offered tickets for free etc. What’s the big deal?
Login to get fewer ads

Visit to the cottage on 20:49 - Aug 20 with 6286 viewslightwaterhoop

It would take a lot more than a free ticket for me to have gone to that game at Fulham with Rangers at home even with the privilege of sitting amongst their posh supporters in their 'lovely ground' next to some jerk dressed all in Burgundy.
Visit to the cottage on 20:51 - Aug 20 with 6226 viewsstainrods_elbow

Visit to the cottage on 20:49 - Aug 20 by lightwaterhoop

It would take a lot more than a free ticket for me to have gone to that game at Fulham with Rangers at home even with the privilege of sitting amongst their posh supporters in their 'lovely ground' next to some jerk dressed all in Burgundy.

I think you've rested my case!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Visit to the cottage on 20:59 - Aug 20 with 6235 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 20:36 - Aug 20 by EalingHoop81

He’s already said - he has 3 kids, offered tickets for free etc. What’s the big deal?

No idea what he's moaning about as I've got him on ignore. To be fair I probably should have read the room and maybe not posted about watching two of our West London rivals. Like Clive said in his preview, this country's gone to shit and everyone's just so angry so not surprised at the negative reaction. Apologies to those who were upset by my visit to Craven cottage.
Visit to the cottage on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 6227 viewsStanisgod

Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 by stainrods_elbow

Agreed, just not right in any sense and just no excuse 😉😉
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 22:02]

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Visit to the cottage on 21:01 - Aug 20 with 6221 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 20:32 - Aug 20 by ParkRoyalR

Listened to a podcast with Ealing resident, Cork City + life-long Chelsea fan Mick Lynch this week and he mentioned his two teams as above and then mentioned Brentford,

Maybe easy done when you're teams never played each other's and you're team is a grand for a season ticket but these sort of one or two season two teamers do my head-in.

Different country I get, but just because your team's doing badly or its too expensive to go, if you want a 2nd team, go Non-League!

I didn't realise there were rules about which games we were allowed to go to. Like I said, should have read the room a bit better. Apologies
Visit to the cottage on 21:22 - Aug 20 with 6111 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Visit to the cottage on 21:01 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

I didn't realise there were rules about which games we were allowed to go to. Like I said, should have read the room a bit better. Apologies

You can go to whatever football match you like, even Fulham v Brentford, but if you start a thread about it on a QPR website then expect criticism.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Visit to the cottage on 21:24 - Aug 20 with 6091 viewsMick_S

Don’t worry about it, mate. Things happen in big London.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Visit to the cottage on 21:25 - Aug 20 with 6084 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 21:22 - Aug 20 by CliveWilsonSaid

You can go to whatever football match you like, even Fulham v Brentford, but if you start a thread about it on a QPR website then expect criticism.

I get it, genuinely. It was bad timing and I'm not surprised it's wound a few people up. Now if I can just work out how to delete a post I'll get it down so as not to upset anyone else.
Visit to the cottage on 21:32 - Aug 20 with 6029 viewsted_hendrix

Last time I visited the cottage we lost 5-0.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Visit to the cottage on 21:37 - Aug 20 with 5960 viewsParkRoyalR

Sorry Streatham, I was responding to your comment about Brentfords fans thinking their the DB's when a good proportion are johnnycomelately's

Following football with young lads is very expensive altho always a risk bringing impressionable youngsters to other games, particularly in the premier league.
Visit to the cottage on 21:39 - Aug 20 with 5956 viewsthame_hoops

Agent undercover! I do this regularly at Villa Park as I get freebies from work mates. Makes a pleasant change, I think anyway.

Edit- come on guys, ya’ll nosh off konk yet you’re giving a rangers fan stick?!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 21:42]
Visit to the cottage on 21:41 - Aug 20 with 5955 viewsEalingHoop81

Visit to the cottage on 21:25 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

I get it, genuinely. It was bad timing and I'm not surprised it's wound a few people up. Now if I can just work out how to delete a post I'll get it down so as not to upset anyone else.

Genuinely don’t understand why anyone is wound up. If you’d gone to see Fulham wallop Liverpool and we’d been turned over at home and you were waxing lyrical about Fulham then that would be different. But you went to a different game down the road because you got tickets. What is the issue. We had a decent if frustrating game today.

Lot of highly strung people on the board tonight taking themselves a little too seriously
Visit to the cottage on 21:42 - Aug 20 with 5951 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 21:37 - Aug 20 by ParkRoyalR

Sorry Streatham, I was responding to your comment about Brentfords fans thinking their the DB's when a good proportion are johnnycomelately's

Following football with young lads is very expensive altho always a risk bringing impressionable youngsters to other games, particularly in the premier league.

Sorry for misreading your post.

No danger of losing my son to either of these. He's still just about young enough to do as he's told!

You do wonder where all these Brentford fans have come from. They made some good noise today but were beautifully quiet at the end.
Visit to the cottage on 21:42 - Aug 20 with 5944 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Visit to the cottage on 21:25 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

Or we could just turn it into a music thread.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Visit to the cottage on 21:49 - Aug 20 with 5898 viewsStreathamRanger

Visit to the cottage on 21:39 - Aug 20 by thame_hoops

Agent undercover! I do this regularly at Villa Park as I get freebies from work mates. Makes a pleasant change, I think anyway.

Edit- come on guys, ya’ll nosh off konk yet you’re giving a rangers fan stick?!
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 21:42]

Been a while since I've seen any live PL football and never seen VAR used in men's game before live. Overall I thought the standard of refereeing was better than what we're used to. Was pleased to see the Brentford goal was only offside by about 2mm. I think it would kill a lot of the enjoyment for me though if we ended up in a league where goals are ruled out like that a good minute or two after the ball has hit the back of the net. Great when the decision goes your way. Must be horrendous when it goes against you.
Visit to the cottage on 21:56 - Aug 20 with 5864 viewsthame_hoops

Visit to the cottage on 21:49 - Aug 20 by StreathamRanger

Been a while since I've seen any live PL football and never seen VAR used in men's game before live. Overall I thought the standard of refereeing was better than what we're used to. Was pleased to see the Brentford goal was only offside by about 2mm. I think it would kill a lot of the enjoyment for me though if we ended up in a league where goals are ruled out like that a good minute or two after the ball has hit the back of the net. Great when the decision goes your way. Must be horrendous when it goes against you.

Yep, offside was never meant to be measured in millimetres
Visit to the cottage on 21:59 - Aug 20 with 5833 viewsDamo1962

I am more dismayed that Fulham v Brentford was a 3rd tier fixture when I was regularly watching QPR. How fortunes have changed.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024