Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is Leon balogun 18:02 - Aug 26 with 13387 viewsenfieldargh

singed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who is Leon balogun on 18:03 - Aug 26 with 6538 viewsenfieldargh

Too much Guinness seeing two phones

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who is Leon balogun on 18:04 - Aug 26 with 6517 viewsbenhurst

No idea what that means for us, but just over 3 months ago he was busy getting to the final of the Europa League so he definitely brings experience! Just gotta hope that his legs haven't gone yet
Who is Leon balogun on 18:05 - Aug 26 with 6484 viewsHayesender

Much needed experience, and a fantastic signing on a years deal imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Who is Leon balogun on 18:06 - Aug 26 with 6454 viewspaulhoop2

Good experience - whitest Nigerian I’ve ever seen! But warbs was pillored for signing similar experienced options seems odd they have allowed this to go through.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Who is Leon balogun on 18:08 - Aug 26 with 6426 viewsMalintabuk

Well we seem to have got away from developing players...... again!!!
34 years old.... about 14 clubs...... and a defender. Got to be honest pretty underwhelming this
Would understand if he was a forward as we are desperate for those
But read in the week MB was wanting another defender in case we go for a back 3..... Still time will tell.
Welcome Leon to the mad house
Who is Leon balogun on 18:08 - Aug 26 with 6427 viewsNorthernr

Who is Leon balogun on 18:06 - Aug 26 by paulhoop2

Good experience - whitest Nigerian I’ve ever seen! But warbs was pillored for signing similar experienced options seems odd they have allowed this to go through.

Yup.

Could be great. I really hope he is. This time next summer, we need to sign another centre back. Every penny he earns in wage, dead money. Every game he plays ahead of Dickie, Dunne or JCS, a pathway obstructed. It makes absolutely not sense at all in relation to what they've been saying all summer.

This is Beale, one month ago...

"It's quite exciting. They lack a few grey hairs but how many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’? Jimmy Dunne played 40 games last year. Does he need 40 more to know how to play in the Championship, or does he know now? If I bring somebody, another Yoann, in to hold his hand and Rob’s hand, yeh we’ve got experience, but when do I let these kids grow up? As a father when do you let go of your kid’s hand to allow them to grow up with a bit of independence. That’s what I’m emphasising to the players."
Who is Leon balogun on 18:09 - Aug 26 with 6408 viewsMick_S

Loanable Gnu. Anagram - tastic.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Who is Leon balogun on 18:10 - Aug 26 with 6393 viewsSakura

Don’t know if he’s any good. But pleased to see Beale has recognised 3 at the back is probably better because of our issues in defensiveand box to box central midfielders

Stubbornness is what cost Warburton his job so a good trait that Beale isn’t so stubborn it seems
Login to get fewer ads

Who is Leon balogun on 18:10 - Aug 26 with 6377 viewsHAYESBOY

Makes no sense to me.

Good luck to him and hope he does well for the team.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Who is Leon balogun on 18:12 - Aug 26 with 6363 viewsNorthernr

Who is Leon balogun on 18:10 - Aug 26 by Sakura

Don’t know if he’s any good. But pleased to see Beale has recognised 3 at the back is probably better because of our issues in defensiveand box to box central midfielders

Stubbornness is what cost Warburton his job so a good trait that Beale isn’t so stubborn it seems

Wasn't the slating of Warburton's stubbornness largely related to his insistence this group of players needed to play with three at the back?
Who is Leon balogun on 18:14 - Aug 26 with 6327 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who is Leon balogun on 18:08 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Yup.

Could be great. I really hope he is. This time next summer, we need to sign another centre back. Every penny he earns in wage, dead money. Every game he plays ahead of Dickie, Dunne or JCS, a pathway obstructed. It makes absolutely not sense at all in relation to what they've been saying all summer.

"It's quite exciting. They lack a few grey hairs but how many Championship games do you have to play to be classed as ‘experienced’? Jimmy Dunne played 40 games last year. Does he need 40 more to know how to play in the Championship, or does he know now? If I bring somebody, another Yoann, in to hold his hand and Rob’s hand, yeh we’ve got experience, but when do I let these kids grow up? As a father when do you let go of your kid’s hand to allow them to grow up with a bit of independence. That’s what I’m emphasising to the players."

I can't make head nor tail of it either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who is Leon balogun on 18:24 - Aug 26 with 6195 viewsEastR

Who is Leon balogun on 18:14 - Aug 26 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't make head nor tail of it either.

As I see it there are two plausible scenarios here:
1. We're about to sell Dickie and/or Dunne
2. The people in charge of recruitment and developer at the club haven't got a Scoobie

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Who is Leon balogun on 18:26 - Aug 26 with 6167 viewsDWQPR

Who is Leon balogun on 18:08 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Yup.

Do I get a feeling that you are starting to lose faith in the manager Clive?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Who is Leon balogun on 18:28 - Aug 26 with 6153 viewsstanistheman

Who is Leon balogun on 18:08 - Aug 26 by Malintabuk

Well we seem to have got away from developing players...... again!!!
34 years old.... about 14 clubs...... and a defender. Got to be honest pretty underwhelming this
Would understand if he was a forward as we are desperate for those
But read in the week MB was wanting another defender in case we go for a back 3..... Still time will tell.
Welcome Leon to the mad house

It's all well and good saying we want to develop our own players, but we need some experienced players who can provide leadership on the pitch.

As long as he is fit to play he will be a good addition to the squad and even 1st team. Johnsen's legs seem to have gone and Adomah doesn't look like he will be a 1st team starter, so ask yourself, who will be the leader on the pitch?
Who is Leon balogun on 18:29 - Aug 26 with 6125 viewsNorthernr

Who is Leon balogun on 18:26 - Aug 26 by DWQPR

Do I get a feeling that you are starting to lose faith in the manager Clive?

Well I'm losing faith in a lot of stuff I had faith in.

If we've got a DOF system, that system is there to prevent a manager bringing a 34 year old bloke he's worked with before in for a position we are relatively (compared to the rest of the team) strong in isn't it? This is just McClaren's 'team of men', Warburton with Wallace and Ball and Moses all over again isn't it? Manager comes in to develop players, makes positive noises about a couple of youngsters, season starts badly, allowed to bring in a 34 year old centre back he knows. It's just Alex Baptiste again isn't it?

Am I wrong? Am I being harsh?

This post has been edited by an administrator
Who is Leon balogun on 18:30 - Aug 26 with 6118 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I am Leon Balogun.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Who is Leon balogun on 18:30 - Aug 26 with 6104 viewsNorthernr

Who is Leon balogun on 18:28 - Aug 26 by stanistheman

It's all well and good saying we want to develop our own players, but we need some experienced players who can provide leadership on the pitch.

As long as he is fit to play he will be a good addition to the squad and even 1st team. Johnsen's legs seem to have gone and Adomah doesn't look like he will be a 1st team starter, so ask yourself, who will be the leader on the pitch?

Read that Beale quote though mate, a month ago he said that POV was bollox.
Who is Leon balogun on 18:48 - Aug 26 with 5941 viewsSakura

Who is Leon balogun on 18:12 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Wasn't the slating of Warburton's stubbornness largely related to his insistence this group of players needed to play with three at the back?

I don't mean to sound like 3 at the back should be our formation no matter who we play or who is fit. Beale will be flexible to the situation. Warburton was stubborn to a fault

Kakay is a good example. He looked worse last year because he couldn't play wing back as it exposes his attacking weaknesses

But this season he has looked more comfortable as in a back 4 it is more emphasis on his defensive strengths

Now we have Laird who seems a bit of a coup. And an opportunity for Paal to benefit from the reverse of Kakay in that it gets the emphasis on his strengths (attacking) and less on his weaknesses (defensive with the long balls hung up at the back post less of an issue now)

If Laird plays higher chance it’s 3-5-2. If Kakay plays higher chance it’s 4 at the back

Would also add on the captains part. JCS was meant to be a big part of that with his background. Now he's injured.

Don't think Beale will be looking to Laird, Paal or even now he's got to know his character Dickie as leaders in that part. Has spoken about his efforts to get Dieng to come out of himself

Maybe he's recognising that certainly at the back it's short on that leadership front
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 18:50]
Who is Leon balogun on 18:49 - Aug 26 with 5930 viewsSakura

Who is Leon balogun on 18:29 - Aug 26 by Northernr

Well I'm losing faith in a lot of stuff I had faith in.

If we've got a DOF system, that system is there to prevent a manager bringing a 34 year old bloke he's worked with before in for a position we are relatively (compared to the rest of the team) strong in isn't it? This is just McClaren's 'team of men', Warburton with Wallace and Ball and Moses all over again isn't it? Manager comes in to develop players, makes positive noises about a couple of youngsters, season starts badly, allowed to bring in a 34 year old centre back he knows. It's just Alex Baptiste again isn't it?

Am I wrong? Am I being harsh?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Also think your being harsh on Beale bringing a centre back in on a free and short term deal.

This won't hinder JCS, Dunne or Dickie. No way. If all fit expect that to be our back 3. If not then yes it may hinder Masterson but are you really that worried about that? If we've get three strong prospects developing in that position

Also Gubbins might be able to go on loan and get minutes now.

Think your being well over the top with this one to be honest
Who is Leon balogun on 19:04 - Aug 26 with 5804 viewsolderR

Who is Leon balogun on 18:49 - Aug 26 by Sakura

Also think your being harsh on Beale bringing a centre back in on a free and short term deal.

This won't hinder JCS, Dunne or Dickie. No way. If all fit expect that to be our back 3. If not then yes it may hinder Masterson but are you really that worried about that? If we've get three strong prospects developing in that position

Also Gubbins might be able to go on loan and get minutes now.

Think your being well over the top with this one to be honest

If he plays a 3 one of them will be hindered.
If it’s a 4 they will both be on the bench.

Dickies supposed to be worth a fortune!
Who is Leon balogun on 19:15 - Aug 26 with 5719 viewsSakura

Who is Leon balogun on 19:04 - Aug 26 by olderR

So what your saying is if all of them are fit he is a better player than one of those three out of JCS, Dunne and Dickie and so will be picked ahead of them

Interesting you must know more about him than me. But my impression of him is that he will be more likely to be on the bench if they are all fit.

But if your saying you expect him to be of such a high standard that if he is fit he will consistently be able to keep one of them three out of the team. Well in that case I am personally even more pleased than I was. As by the sounds of it he must be a bloody good player
Who is Leon balogun on 19:19 - Aug 26 with 5688 viewsqprxtc

Didn’t we have a Balogun play for us in the 50s?
Who is Leon balogun on 19:28 - Aug 26 with 5604 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who is Leon balogun on 19:04 - Aug 26 by olderR

Also, Beale is quoted as saying he's been talking to Balogun for weeks so, whatever else, this doesn't sound like a quick swoop to fix a sudden change in tactic.

Who is Leon balogun on 19:29 - Aug 26 with 5589 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who is Leon balogun on 19:19 - Aug 26 by qprxtc

Didn’t we have a Balogun play for us in the 50s?

Yes, I think so. Good memory.

I can't remember his first name but remember reading about him alright.

Who is Leon balogun on 19:31 - Aug 26 with 5569 viewsolderR

Who is Leon balogun on 19:15 - Aug 26 by Sakura

So what your saying is if all of them are fit he is a better player than one of those three out of JCS, Dunne and Dickie and so will be picked ahead of them

Interesting you must know more about him than me. But my impression of him is that he will be more likely to be on the bench if they are all fit.

But if your saying you expect him to be of such a high standard that if he is fit he will consistently be able to keep one of them three out of the team. Well in that case I am personally even more pleased than I was. As by the sounds of it he must be a bloody good player

If he isn’t better than any of them why sign him, surely he wants experience on the pitch .
Our current players won’t improve on the bench.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024