Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is Leon balogun 18:02 - Aug 26 with 13531 viewsenfieldargh

singed

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who is Leon balogun on 12:01 - Aug 27 with 2400 viewsDejR_vu

Who is Leon balogun on 11:53 - Aug 27 by DannytheR

Football's chaotic. Everyone involved is looking out for themselves, the game is badly and greedily run from the top down, players get injured, plans change. Sometimes it works out, most of the time it doesn't.

When was it ever different?

And when were Rangers ever different?

We did okay in the 70s-90s.

I agree to a point. Football, by and large is populated by greedy idiots, where else would the likes of Hughes have long lucrative careers? But not every club is run badly. Brentford are doing okay. Look at Brighton compared to 20 years ago.

There’s no accountability at QPR and failing just seems to be accepted on the basis that succeeding is somehow indulgent and self-entitled.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Who is Leon balogun on 13:21 - Aug 27 with 2281 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who is Leon balogun on 10:34 - Aug 27 by SK_hoops

It's a shame he never fulfilled his ambition of playing at the Gnu camp.

Oh, that's very good!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who is Leon balogun on 14:02 - Aug 27 with 2185 viewsPunteR

Who is Leon balogun on 19:50 - Aug 26 by PlanetHonneywood

Didn't we have a 48 game a season French bloke bringing experience to the party?

Not sure how much we're paying this chap, I hope it's not more than Barbet was on/looking for.

Yeh agree with this point.
This signing highlights the inconsistencies and lack of long term thinking and planning and just smacks of making it up as they are going along.
I loved Les Ferdinand a proper club legend and he really helped steer the club back to something our fans could relate to again compared to the utter mess Tony Fernandes created.
But I'm really not seeing the sort of progress that given the time and money spent we should be acheiving.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who is Leon balogun on 20:25 - Aug 28 with 1996 viewsHanwellHoopster

Goodness, I don't understand the OTT negative reaction on this thread. We've only got 3 established first-team CBs in the squad, and the manager wants to play 3 CBs at times. Throw in that we lost a lot of experienced players over the summer and this move makes a lot of sense to me - if the wages are right, which we won't know, so shouldn't make hugely negative assumptions.
Who is Leon balogun on 08:27 - Aug 29 with 1796 viewsloftboy

Well I hope his Singe is just a minor burn or he will be in the treatment room for a while. 😇

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who is Leon balogun on 09:39 - Aug 29 with 1713 viewsnix

Who is Leon balogun on 20:25 - Aug 28 by HanwellHoopster

Goodness, I don't understand the OTT negative reaction on this thread. We've only got 3 established first-team CBs in the squad, and the manager wants to play 3 CBs at times. Throw in that we lost a lot of experienced players over the summer and this move makes a lot of sense to me - if the wages are right, which we won't know, so shouldn't make hugely negative assumptions.

There's also the probability that Yoann was looking for a longer term contract, which is perfectly reasonable from his point of view but maybe not what we want to tie ourselves to at the moment given his age and our financial situation.

The other thing is that in the era of every penny counts, we've just saved at least £80k in not paying anyone for eight weeks. I don't think anyone was anticipating Clarke Salter to be out so early in the season, so I can understand why they might wait until later in the transfer window to pick up someone as a back up/wise old head.
Who is Leon balogun on 10:15 - Aug 29 with 1622 viewsngbqpr

Gotta work on a bank holiday...but the gnu puns have really cheered me up.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Who is Leon balogun on 10:19 - Aug 29 with 1606 viewsderbyhoop

Who is Leon balogun on 18:49 - Aug 26 by Sakura

Also think your being harsh on Beale bringing a centre back in on a free and short term deal.

This won't hinder JCS, Dunne or Dickie. No way. If all fit expect that to be our back 3. If not then yes it may hinder Masterson but are you really that worried about that? If we've get three strong prospects developing in that position

Also Gubbins might be able to go on loan and get minutes now.

Think your being well over the top with this one to be honest

Clive's criticisms are perfectly valid, when you look at the Balogun signing in the light of our (alleged) development strategy and what Beale was saying earlier.
It is a free transfer, probably low wages, and brings bags of top level experience. With JCS injured its not the end of the world. If it allows Gubbinsbto go on loan to an EFL club, it may aid the original brief.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Who is Leon balogun on 10:25 - Aug 29 with 1590 viewsbakerloo8

I see the point in what Clive was saying and I agree to a point bit it was a little OTT to be honest.
So long as Balugan isn't breaking the bank we surely need reliable, experienced cover in defence, especially as JCS has already done himself in leaving us with Dickie and Dunnebat CB and not much else if either of them get injured.

Ideally we would be signing another low 20s CB with sell on value, bit in a position where we have 3 of these I'm not against having a trustworthy experienced number 4 in there as well.
Hope he does a good job.
Who is Leon balogun on 10:35 - Aug 29 with 1569 viewstraininvain

Anyone know if Balogun’s a no nonsense old school centre back or more of a cultured playing out from the back defender?

I’m still not convinced by a centre back pairing of Dunne and Dickie. They look cumbersome and both lack pace which means we have to defend very deep. And we’re conceding too many goals.

I know Dunne gets a lot of love on here but I prefer Dickie out of the two despite his mistake on Saturday. Maybe Dunne in a back three though.
Who is Leon balogun on 10:51 - Aug 29 with 1540 viewsWatfordR

Who is Leon balogun on 10:19 - Aug 29 by derbyhoop

Clive's criticisms are perfectly valid, when you look at the Balogun signing in the light of our (alleged) development strategy and what Beale was saying earlier.
It is a free transfer, probably low wages, and brings bags of top level experience. With JCS injured its not the end of the world. If it allows Gubbinsbto go on loan to an EFL club, it may aid the original brief.

There's been a lot of criticism of the club for apparently flip flopping on what's perceived as a long strategy for the club. And without knowing anything about what's going on at boardroom level, I would say that any business worth it's salt will have been reviewing strategies almost on the hoof with the fact developing nature of the cost of living crisis, energy costs and so on.

If the club have decided to deviate temporarily from a long term strategy because they feel they need to, or because they think it's a risk worth taking, that isn't wrong in my opinion. Whether it's successful or not is another thing.

On the playing front, my concern has really been about whether there is the required leadership amongst the squad, given that the likes of Wallace and Barbet are no longer here, and if someone like Balogun can come in relatively cheaply and add to that, it's not a dreadful thing.

Another concern for me has been Beale's ability to manage and keep evryone on board with what he is trying to do. The fact that a few players seemed to have been threatened with the chop and responded positively is very encouraging.

So overall, that glass is perhaps a little fuller that it was this time last week.
Who is Leon balogun on 11:13 - Aug 29 with 1489 viewsGroveR

Who is Leon balogun on 20:12 - Aug 26 by Burnleyhoop

A tad Clive.

We haven’t been able to field anything like a full side for what, 25 games? It is now getting beyond a joke and we need to sort it. The hope was Beale might be able to bring through some of the development boys, but he has had a good look, given one or two the opportunity to stick around the first team but the rest are not what he wants or needs. Fair play if you ask me. We need to ship them out and build a much stronger squad.

Roberts, Richards and Salter are of the standard that he can develop further with a genuine chance of selling further down the line.

Balogun comes in on a free, on a one year contract, as our player, not a loan from another club. This, I think, makes a big difference. I don’t see the problem with it being someone that Beale knows and rates highly. I understand that we have had our fingers burnt in similar situations, but I for one, have more faith in Beale than most. The Balogun interview just reinforces that belief.

We need to build a more resilient squad instead of constantly hoping that our best eleven might one day eventually make it out onto the pitch together, because if they don’t, we look a very basic outfit.

Bring on the seriously overdue changes.….just don’t screw the club over financially whilst your at it.

Roberts, Richards and Salter are of the standard that he can develop further with a genuine chance of selling further down the line.

We only actually own one of those three so how does that benefit us in the long term?
Who is Leon balogun on 11:25 - Aug 29 with 1443 viewsAntti_Heinola

Who is Leon balogun on 11:13 - Aug 29 by GroveR

We only actually own one of those three so how does that benefit us in the long term?

We own one, are likely to buy the second at the end of the season, and have an (unrealistic) option on the third. As usual, it's shades of grey.

Another point, and I'm not saying I agree with it (I'm not sure if I do or not), but as with an recruitment or booking, you start off with your ideals. You hope to get them, but you can't overstretch to do so, and you have your budget. If your favoured options don't happen for whatever reason, you do need to look at other options, and even change direction a bit. While Balogun and other possible loans represent a change in tack, it's worth bearing in mind that circumstances may have changed in that time too. We can't do A, so we may have to do B or C. We couldn't get the Millwall right back, so we settled for a quality loan instead. Sometimes you do need short term solutions to immediate problems. Equally, it's a concern that we have needed a RB for at least a year. We identified the number one target, but failed to get him and it does feel we didn't have a 'next best' option to buy rather than loan, which is disappointing.

Bare bones.

Who is Leon balogun on 11:33 - Aug 29 with 1403 viewsDavieQPR

Who is Leon balogun on 01:33 - Aug 27 by DannyPaddox

Tesi Balogun

I’ve asked this before but does any other QPR player have a stadium named after them?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teslim_Balogun_Stadium

Wiki says he is a cousin of Chuck Berry

You had your answer before as well. Think back to last season.
He was the second Black player to play for us after Tom Best.
Who is Leon balogun on 11:39 - Aug 29 with 1394 viewsGroveR

Who is Leon balogun on 11:25 - Aug 29 by Antti_Heinola

We own one, are likely to buy the second at the end of the season, and have an (unrealistic) option on the third. As usual, it's shades of grey.

Another point, and I'm not saying I agree with it (I'm not sure if I do or not), but as with an recruitment or booking, you start off with your ideals. You hope to get them, but you can't overstretch to do so, and you have your budget. If your favoured options don't happen for whatever reason, you do need to look at other options, and even change direction a bit. While Balogun and other possible loans represent a change in tack, it's worth bearing in mind that circumstances may have changed in that time too. We can't do A, so we may have to do B or C. We couldn't get the Millwall right back, so we settled for a quality loan instead. Sometimes you do need short term solutions to immediate problems. Equally, it's a concern that we have needed a RB for at least a year. We identified the number one target, but failed to get him and it does feel we didn't have a 'next best' option to buy rather than loan, which is disappointing.

The last decent right back we had was Darnell Furlong, we papered over his departure with Angel "Methuselah" Rangel and then replaced him with a bloke who isn't good enough for Coventry and is now the subject of "meh" interest from Wigan.

That's a concern alright.
Who is Leon balogun on 12:52 - Oct 5 with 970 viewsenfieldargh

I know who he is now, hes frigging awesome balogun

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who is Leon balogun on 13:27 - Oct 5 with 864 viewsCopenhagenRs

Who is Leon balogun on 12:52 - Oct 5 by enfieldargh

I know who he is now, hes frigging awesome balogun

Yes, I agree. Balogun was awesome last night against the Blades. ClintHillish I would say.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024