Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. 01:10 - Sep 8 with 15357 viewsBoston

Unless you're insomniacs, tomorrows opening fixture will pass you by. Bills at the Rams, I'll watch a bit anyway as I quite like our division rivals, have 'em to win by 10pts. Apart from the Pats, the meet up that catches my eye is the Steelers, Bengals. That's a game I'd enjoy being at in person, quite partial to Cincinnati, think they'll start the season with a win.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 1:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:50 - Sep 8 with 4835 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Saints v Falcons is the best rivalry, we all know that
Very much looking forward to the season. Just the one London game for me (Saints v Vikings) saves me a trip to the states. Still trying to get to the Munich one somehow.
It's a shame the Bills / Rams game is so early in the season, should be a cracker!

Who have we got for the Superbowl?

Personally I do think the Bills will make it this year with the Rams potentially their opponents. The AFC is so stacked compared to the NFC at the moment.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:56 - Sep 8 with 4822 viewsflitwickhoop

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:50 - Sep 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Very much looking forward to the season. Just the one London game for me (Saints v Vikings) saves me a trip to the states. Still trying to get to the Munich one somehow.
It's a shame the Bills / Rams game is so early in the season, should be a cracker!

Personally I do think the Bills will make it this year with the Rams potentially their opponents. The AFC is so stacked compared to the NFC at the moment.

As a Saints fan myself I'm really intrigued as to how we'll do this season. Dennis Allen really changed the defensive side of the game plus with Thomas coming back the offense looks like it could really tick, still unsure on Winston though. Still think we had our chance the year we were cheated out v the Rams but there's always one team that surprises each year.

For me though I don't think you can look past the Rams, Bills or Chiefs for the Superbowl. If the Titans had a decent QB then I would make them a shoe in.

Very excited for this season to start to be honest, off to the Saints game at Spurs ground and then out to the states for Rams V Cardinals in October.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:06 - Sep 8 with 4811 viewsMonkey_Roots

Falcons are my team.

It’s been a rough few years.

I subscribe to NFL Gamepass - I can watch live, and then see the rest the following day using their 40 minute matches… basically all the action, no ads or waiting around.

I love the game strategy, and the game can change right up until the final few seconds… plus, once all the footy is over on a Sunday, there’s a whole load of other games to watch.

Can’t wait.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:07 - Sep 8 with 4811 viewshantssi

I lost interest when the Raiders went from Oakland to LA, back to Oakland and now to Vegas!
Loved it when they thrashed Washington in 84 though, watched it with a Washington supporting mate!
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:55 - Sep 8 with 4778 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:56 - Sep 8 by flitwickhoop

As a Saints fan myself I'm really intrigued as to how we'll do this season. Dennis Allen really changed the defensive side of the game plus with Thomas coming back the offense looks like it could really tick, still unsure on Winston though. Still think we had our chance the year we were cheated out v the Rams but there's always one team that surprises each year.

For me though I don't think you can look past the Rams, Bills or Chiefs for the Superbowl. If the Titans had a decent QB then I would make them a shoe in.

Very excited for this season to start to be honest, off to the Saints game at Spurs ground and then out to the states for Rams V Cardinals in October.

A fellow QPR Saint! Great to see.

I'm confident this season actually, happy to be the underdogs to the Bucs in the NFC South.
Our WRs look so much better than last season but the D does looks weaker after Garder-Johnson and Williams left at safety. An average QB should be able to do a decent job with the options around. Probably be a similar team to the Titans actually.

Can't wait for October 2nd! Who Dat!
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:09 - Sep 8 with 4756 viewsterryb

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:07 - Sep 8 by hantssi

I lost interest when the Raiders went from Oakland to LA, back to Oakland and now to Vegas!
Loved it when they thrashed Washington in 84 though, watched it with a Washington supporting mate!

The Marcus Allen game!

I too have a problem with their globe trotting, but I still look out for the Raiders result. It comes a long way below any results that matter though!
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:23 - Sep 8 with 4749 viewsthame_hoops

Bills are being picked in the AFC by most pundits..

Can’t wait for tonight. For the 1am games I usually wake up early and watch the ‘game in 40’ replay before opening the internet.. unless it’s the ravens I’ll stay up

Niners could surprise and could Pittsburgh

Can see my Ravens making playoffs and then who knows… any given Sunday right ?
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:23 - Sep 8 with 4755 viewsTeddRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:09 - Sep 8 by terryb

The Marcus Allen game!

I too have a problem with their globe trotting, but I still look out for the Raiders result. It comes a long way below any results that matter though!

That was the first Superbowl I ever watched- Four months after becoming a Washington fan! I landed on them as a good mate got into NFL. He decided to support Dallas and I asked who their fiercest rivals were.

There have been some good times since (two epic Superbowl wins) but the last 20 years have been a nightmare, all stemming from the worst owner in sport Dan Snyder.

Their name needed changing but Commanders? Almost the last straw. I know Clive is a fellow sufferer.

As per usual , not expecting anything but mediocrity on the field and problems/scandals off it-Star running back has just been shot twice in the leg.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 12:21 - Sep 8 with 4727 viewsE17hoop

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:55 - Sep 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

A fellow QPR Saint! Great to see.

I'm confident this season actually, happy to be the underdogs to the Bucs in the NFC South.
Our WRs look so much better than last season but the D does looks weaker after Garder-Johnson and Williams left at safety. An average QB should be able to do a decent job with the options around. Probably be a similar team to the Titans actually.

Can't wait for October 2nd! Who Dat!

Another QPR Saint here. My son - another QPR Saint - is positive. He thinks we worked well in the draft and trades. With the passing offense, he reckons we're in a good place and one to watch.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 12:50 - Sep 8 with 4716 viewsMatch82

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:50 - Sep 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

I have money on the Chargers this year. But can't remember the last time there seemed like so many legitimate candidates at the start of the year.

I'm usually bullish about the Bears, not this year. Although they aren't as bad as people are making out, coaching change is going to make a ton of difference.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:02 - Sep 8 with 4710 viewsozranger

Good to see you are all so positive. For us Clowns fans, it could be a long season if Brissett cannot get himself going. I rather think that waiting for the almighty to arrive in Week 12 could be too long. Yes, the Clowns have some good players, but will they do any good? Not overly confident. I feel a mauling at the hands of Baker coming up in the first round. Of course, as long as we beat up on the Bungles twice each season as we have done for some time now, I can't be too unhappy.

As to the picks for the SB. Yes, Buffalo look good especially as they have no competition in the weak AFC East. Rams do look good again but I think it could be a bit more open in the NFC this season.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:22 - Sep 8 with 4704 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 12:50 - Sep 8 by Match82

I have money on the Chargers this year. But can't remember the last time there seemed like so many legitimate candidates at the start of the year.

I'm usually bullish about the Bears, not this year. Although they aren't as bad as people are making out, coaching change is going to make a ton of difference.

It's a shame the Chargers have such a tough division. Would walk some of the NFC ones. Love what they have been doing there, rather they stayed in San Diego though.
Herbert is a fantastic player.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:36 - Sep 8 with 4690 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:22 - Sep 8 by BlackAndGoldRanger

It's a shame the Chargers have such a tough division. Would walk some of the NFC ones. Love what they have been doing there, rather they stayed in San Diego though.

AFC west is stacked this year…

Bears might surprise, I’ve got Fields in my 12 man Fantasy group but I’ll bench him for Dak
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 13:58 - Sep 8 with 4688 viewsflitwickhoop

Would take Herbert at the Saints every day of the week!
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:53 - Sep 8 with 4657 viewshantssi

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:09 - Sep 8 by terryb

The Marcus Allen game!

It was!
Did we score 2 or 3 defensive touchdowns that day?
Our defenders should be that mean!
Funnily enough I only watched the extended highlights on YouTube just recently!
I still look out for their results but it’s just not the same.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:55 - Sep 8 with 4652 viewshantssi

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:23 - Sep 8 by TeddRanger

That was the first Superbowl I ever watched- Four months after becoming a Washington fan! I landed on them as a good mate got into NFL. He decided to support Dallas and I asked who their fiercest rivals were.

There have been some good times since (two epic Superbowl wins) but the last 20 years have been a nightmare, all stemming from the worst owner in sport Dan Snyder.

Their name needed changing but Commanders? Almost the last straw. I know Clive is a fellow sufferer.

As per usual , not expecting anything but mediocrity on the field and problems/scandals off it-Star running back has just been shot twice in the leg.

Started watching the year before, on Channel 4 I believe
As we knew nothing about the teams we just all picked at random, I chose the Raiders because of their defence plus the commentators said they were a comeback team.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:03 - Sep 8 with 4644 viewsMatch82

Yeah that division is packed. So many teams in the playoffs this year that isn't the challenge it used to be luckily
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 02:19 - Sep 9 with 4563 viewsBoston

Games going the way I thought, but strangely, I find myself uninterested. Think I'll have a kip.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:09 - Sep 9 with 4409 viewsenfieldargh

My team this season is the same as last year. (I change)

So for the 2nd season running I'm a Bills fan mostly because last October I bought a Bills Bobble hat for the chilly winter QPR games. NFL bobble hats so much better than

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:46 - Sep 9 with 4370 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I'm a Giants fan who also supports the Bills. Went to university in Buffalo and went to many Bills games on the cheap, so I'll always been invested in their success.

To see them as favorites is so strange, considering their painful history and lack of championships. I'm sure there's an EPL comparison, but I just can't think of it at the moment. That said, they got off to a great start last night.

Meanwhile, the less said about my Giants this season, the better. It's going to be a slog of a season.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:09 - Sep 10 with 4325 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:46 - Sep 9 by EmpireStateRanger

I'm a Giants fan who also supports the Bills. Went to university in Buffalo and went to many Bills games on the cheap, so I'll always been invested in their success.

To see them as favorites is so strange, considering their painful history and lack of championships. I'm sure there's an EPL comparison, but I just can't think of it at the moment. That said, they got off to a great start last night.

Meanwhile, the less said about my Giants this season, the better. It's going to be a slog of a season.

There is a fantastic documentary on Disney+ called the four falls of Buffalo, obviously about the four losing Super Bowls, consecutive.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:17 - Sep 10 with 4321 viewsMrSheen

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 16:46 - Sep 9 by EmpireStateRanger

Better analogy from Germany, Schalke. Same colours, laughingstock home town, passionate fans, doomed enterprise.

Second thoughts, Sheffield Wednesday. No one who doesn’t support them envies them despite their big fan base, threatened to be successful for a while in the 90s.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2022 0:22]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:30 - Sep 10 with 4289 viewsB_Wad

I wouldn't downplay the Bills history. They won two championships in the old AFL and played in three championship games in that league. They were one of the better teams during the mid 60s with future congressman Jack Kemp as their QB. They were almost in the first Super Bowl.

The Electric Company years with OJ were legendary too and of course those four Super Bowls are more than a lot of teams have.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:12 - Sep 10 with 4199 viewsstevenagehoop

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:23 - Sep 8 by TeddRanger

Another here - agree on Snyder at least Flav wasn’t here too long . Not sure on Ron and the recent qb’s could be another long short season unfortunately.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:25 - Sep 10 with 4174 viewstoboboly

Thought the Rams looked lacklustre, were lucky to go in at the half level.

Can someone tell me what is the point of pre-season if the vast majority if the starters don't play a snap? No wonder they all looked off the pace.

Also interesting to see Lamarr not signing a new contract (so far) with the Ravens. Hope it galvanises the team.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024