Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. 01:10 - Sep 8 with 15757 viewsBoston

Unless you're insomniacs, tomorrows opening fixture will pass you by. Bills at the Rams, I'll watch a bit anyway as I quite like our division rivals, have 'em to win by 10pts. Apart from the Pats, the meet up that catches my eye is the Steelers, Bengals. That's a game I'd enjoy being at in person, quite partial to Cincinnati, think they'll start the season with a win.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2022 1:10]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:59 - Sep 19 with 1950 viewsenfieldargh

Fantastic ends to the Ravens, Browns & Raiders games. Not a good day for those home teams

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 08:46 - Sep 19 with 1869 viewsozranger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:59 - Sep 19 by enfieldargh

Fantastic ends to the Ravens, Browns & Raiders games. Not a good day for those home teams

As to the Clowns.. only in Cleveland could you miss an extra point with about 90 seconds to play and still lead by 13. Then lose. So many poor decisions right up to not running the ball with 12 secs to go to give York a chance to kick a long FG for the win. To thrown in that situation is surely at a much less percentage. At least all the other division teams lost.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:46 - Sep 19 with 1811 viewsHunterhoop

How bout them Jets!

Browns deserved to lose. They received some extremely generous calls from the officials on a couple of their TD drives which would otherwise have been field goals.

Take Chubb out of the Browns’ team and they are a not a good side.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:59 - Sep 19 with 1802 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Really bad coaching displays in the 4 pm games (9 pm for you all across the pond).

The Broncos coach is lucky his team pulled it off, because he had a couple of dreadful performances to start the season. The Cardinals were completely off the pace to, until the Raiders decided to quit mid-game.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:19 - Sep 19 with 1782 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:59 - Sep 19 by EmpireStateRanger

Really bad coaching displays in the 4 pm games (9 pm for you all across the pond).

The Broncos coach is lucky his team pulled it off, because he had a couple of dreadful performances to start the season. The Cardinals were completely off the pace to, until the Raiders decided to quit mid-game.

I think I read that Kyler ran 80 yards on the two-point conversion for Arizona. The most ever, considering the ball is snapped from the 2 yard line.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:09 - Sep 19 with 1755 viewsHoopstar

Can't quite believe the Giants are 2 and 0 for the start of the season - halfway to last years W total already.

Daboll and Wink have at least got us looking solid if still far from spectacular - just feel we'd have lost both these tight games last season so reasons to be optimistic beyond the two Ws. Has been a while.

Cowboys late next Monday/Tuesday morning will provide a much more thorough test however
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 18:10]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:40 - Sep 19 with 1745 viewsEmpireStateRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:09 - Sep 19 by Hoopstar

Can't quite believe the Giants are 2 and 0 for the start of the season - halfway to last years W total already.

Daboll and Wink have at least got us looking solid if still far from spectacular - just feel we'd have lost both these tight games last season so reasons to be optimistic beyond the two Ws. Has been a while.

Cowboys late next Monday/Tuesday morning will provide a much more thorough test however
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 18:10]

Agreed on the Giants. From my perspective, it's relatively the same personnel, but much better coaching. Need a bit more roster building, but I'm more optimistic about the franchise's future than I have been in a long time.

The game vs. Dallas could be 17-10 affair. Dallas has great defense and is without Dak. Will be interesting to watch.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 20:00 - Sep 19 with 1716 viewsthame_hoops

I just watched the last quarter of the Jets/Browns game. If Nick Chubb goes to ground rather than scoring that touchdown, the Browns win that game as the Jets had no time outs.. then a touchdown, onside kick recovered, and a one minute drive down the field by Flacco… Incredible, topped off with a pick off Brisett when they were nearing FG territory
Login to get fewer ads

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 21:45 - Sep 19 with 1699 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 20:00 - Sep 19 by thame_hoops

I just watched the last quarter of the Jets/Browns game. If Nick Chubb goes to ground rather than scoring that touchdown, the Browns win that game as the Jets had no time outs.. then a touchdown, onside kick recovered, and a one minute drive down the field by Flacco… Incredible, topped off with a pick off Brisett when they were nearing FG territory

You can see why the NFL is the single biggest draw when it comes to sport in the US. Boston / the North East hung on for years, with the Red Sox having the highest ratings, but those days have gone.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:14 - Sep 19 with 1689 viewsbob566

Great stuff. The poor browns head coach inviting the kids down from the stands to celebrate and then having to send them back up. Another interesting thing was the cowboys coaches headsets stopped working and the players had to come up with their own plays to stop that last cinnci drive
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:31 - Sep 19 with 1679 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:14 - Sep 19 by bob566

Great stuff. The poor browns head coach inviting the kids down from the stands to celebrate and then having to send them back up. Another interesting thing was the cowboys coaches headsets stopped working and the players had to come up with their own plays to stop that last cinnci drive

I saw that! Kids with lanyards behind Stefanski. it reminded me a bit of Arthur Blank the Falcons owner coming down to the field during the Super Bowl when they were up 28-3

Edit- no excuse for headsets not working when you’re at home, I wonder what went wrong?
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 23:33]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 00:00 - Sep 20 with 1679 viewsbob566

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:31 - Sep 19 by thame_hoops

I saw that! Kids with lanyards behind Stefanski. it reminded me a bit of Arthur Blank the Falcons owner coming down to the field during the Super Bowl when they were up 28-3

Edit- no excuse for headsets not working when you’re at home, I wonder what went wrong?

Don't know but apparently Trevon Diggs would normally get the call to drop back and play coverage. Headsets stopped working and he said f0ch this and went up to d line and made the tackle forcing them to a long field goal which cinnci missed. Bengals were probably relying on McCarthy playing usual coverage
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 01:26 - Sep 20 with 1665 viewsBoston

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 23:31 - Sep 19 by thame_hoops

Oh yeah, we're hosting the Ravens this weekend, lets hope the 'form' continues!

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:15 - Sep 20 with 1617 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

The Bills are looking pretty unstoppable right now.
Eagles looking good too.
I thought week 1 was good but week 2 was even better! Counting down the days to the London Games now
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:57 - Sep 20 with 1606 viewsozranger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 20:00 - Sep 19 by thame_hoops

Good in hindsight, but try making that decision just then and there. But yes, like when he did it a few years ago and went out of bounds at the 1 yd line to give up a TD and instead see his team win. It would have been interesting had they done it again and won.

However, as I said earlier, Chubb should have been given the ball right at the end to get some yards as they still had a time-out and the Jets would have expected a pass and thus lanes would have been open. York can kick it from 60+ and he would have been in with a chance. To throw on the last play was just plain stupid.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 1557 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:57 - Sep 20 by ozranger

Good in hindsight, but try making that decision just then and there. But yes, like when he did it a few years ago and went out of bounds at the 1 yd line to give up a TD and instead see his team win. It would have been interesting had they done it again and won.

However, as I said earlier, Chubb should have been given the ball right at the end to get some yards as they still had a time-out and the Jets would have expected a pass and thus lanes would have been open. York can kick it from 60+ and he would have been in with a chance. To throw on the last play was just plain stupid.

Oh 100% was just making a point of how crazy it was that the game could’ve ended with a Browns win had he gone down voluntarily… didn’t even need to goto the 1yd line and fluff it like what happened in the SB
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 22:49 - Sep 20 with 1524 viewsMatch82

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 09:57 - Sep 20 by ozranger

Honestly I'd be surprised if the coaches hadn't told him.

There was a great situation last year, I forget who the Chargers were playing but it was someone else with a phenomenal offence. They had the ball near the goal line and actively tried not to score, and the other team forced Ekeler into the end zone! I'll see if I can find the play

Edit: here it is. Of COURSE it was the Browns.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 22:51]
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:15 - Oct 3 with 1317 viewsE17hoop

Anyone else go yesterday? Best London game I can remember.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:22 - Oct 3 with 1307 viewsthame_hoops

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:15 - Oct 3 by E17hoop

yep group of 6 went.

Was doubtful of the quality when Winston dropped out along with Thomas and Kamara... so we got Dalton vs Cousins...

as a neutral all you can wish for is a close game. Superb stadium, decent beer choice too...My fav london game was Vikings/Steelers.. went right to the wire also

This year we hopped onto a bus to kings cross rather than walk 30 mins to Seven sisters and line up for an hour.. was a much better option. we had dinner at Passyunk Avenue in Fitzrovia, its a Philadelphia themed sports bar. amazing place
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:37 - Oct 3 with 1285 viewsBoston

Although suffering a loss, this mornings reaction from the locals is incredibly upbeat. A third string QB, Bailey Zappe, has really caught the attention of the fans / media.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 15:17 - Oct 3 with 1259 viewsBostonR

Whilst they have yet to play anyone of note the Eagles at 4-0 are looking very good. Hurts is a proper QB who has some outstanding offensive players around him. Plus their defence is solid.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 19:08 - Oct 3 with 1189 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mahomes vs Brady this weekend was a joy to watch. The Chiefs really took last season's defeat to heart didn't they?

The grass is always greener.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 10:17 - Oct 4 with 1129 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 14:15 - Oct 3 by E17hoop

I went and agree even though I was on the losing side.
Feel like the game deserved OT for the Saints to find another heartbreaking way to lose again.
Can't see the other 2 London games being that good.
NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 11:05 - Oct 4 with 1121 viewstoboboly

Anyone else think that the general quality has gone down across the board? Where you have Trubisky, Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Jacoby Brissett etc as starters you have to wonder where the talent is coming through?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 18:25 - Oct 4 with 1075 viewsB_Wad

NFL '22 / '23 Thread. on 11:05 - Oct 4 by toboboly

Anyone else think that the general quality has gone down across the board? Where you have Trubisky, Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Jacoby Brissett etc as starters you have to wonder where the talent is coming through?

For teams like Seattle and Carolina it's the concept of tanking it in a league with no relegation. Those teams are okay with having a poor record to position themselves for a high draft pick and the ability to draft a potentially high quality QB.

Brissett is just keeping the seat warm for Watson and not sure what Tomlin is thinking but it looks like Pickett is going to start to play now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024