Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kids at away games 14:09 - Oct 3 with 5210 viewsNewYorkRanger

HI all - took my youngest daughter(10 year old) to Bristol on Saturday. This was her first proper away game (did Reading last season but went in the home end) and she was quite intimidated by the atmosphere (not helped by the fact that a couple of lads near us had obviously been on it for quite a while and were pretty aggressive).

It's been quite a while since I followed the R's away and I was in 2 minds about it as I'm fully aware that the fanbase and the atmosphere is very different for away games. In the event we ended up leaving very early as she was very intimidated by the whole thing. I was aware that this could be a risk but I'm wondering if any others out there that take youngsters away have any tips on how to make them feel safe and secure?

My daughter has not been put off going to home games by this as she knows the ground and loves the atmosphere in the family stand. But unless i can take her with me I can't get to away games unless I wanna get divorced.

Any thoughts/tips gladly received

Glory hunter, me

Kids at away games on 10:00 - Oct 4 with 1003 viewsJames_Paddocks

My two young boys are home and away (age 12 and 8), both been going since they were about 4 and rarely miss a game. We've never had any major dramas.

Top tip is to move away from the bellends asap. There's always a quiet spot towards the sides. Millwall and Bristol City, we just wondered over to the empty-ish side sections and had zero bother. Like others have mentioned, the further north we travel, the more relaxed the atmosphere tends to be.

Tonight for instance, we'll stand where we like as the away end will be sparse.
Kids at away games on 10:18 - Oct 4 with 964 viewsessextaxiboy

Peterboro away put me off , thick coked up tossers everywhere .
Kids at away games on 10:34 - Oct 4 with 927 viewsTheChef

Kids at away games on 10:18 - Oct 4 by essextaxiboy

As suggested above, in theory the further north you go, the less idiots you'll get.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Kids at away games on 10:55 - Oct 4 with 897 viewsDTIG

You any good? :-)
Kids at away games on 15:20 - Oct 4 with 794 viewsrobith

TBH I'm a fully grown adult and I've mostly sacked off away games. I love an away day with beer and banter as much as the next person, but absolutely can not be arsed with the increased amount of Football Factory cosplay, and the copious amounts of gear being done gives it a powderkeg atmosphere I have absolutely hated
Kids at away games on 15:52 - Oct 4 with 743 viewsNewYorkRanger

Kids at away games on 10:55 - Oct 4 by DTIG

You any good? :-)

was ok in my day. But that was many many years ago :)

Glory hunter, me

Kids at away games on 17:15 - Oct 4 with 676 viewswelwynranger

Kids at away games on 14:30 - Oct 3 by BlackCrowe

Divorce sounds plausible.

With the current prices of travel, match tickets, food and drink , programmes.
Away shirt , scarf , and other merchandise.
Divorce might be a cheaper option
Kids at away games on 18:55 - Oct 4 with 604 viewsdavman

Kids at away games on 10:18 - Oct 4 by essextaxiboy

Yes that was "special" day out both times last year - certainly an "element" to our fan base out in force and not a good one either...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

Kids at away games on 19:36 - Oct 4 with 578 viewsPeterHucker

I take my eldest kid to quite a few away games & I go along with what others have said. Go down to the front row or 2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024