Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Away 15:20 - Oct 13 with 3010 viewsJamieNaz

I'm reading this as Rail Replacement Buses between London Euston and Birmingham New Street, right?
https://www.thetrainline.com/en/help/disruption-info/303793

Birmingham Away on 15:27 - Oct 13 with 2965 viewsDWQPR

Looks like you are ok to Rugby then onto the bus service. But a whole week of closing down the west coast mainline seems madness.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Birmingham Away on 15:27 - Oct 13 with 2967 viewsstowmarketrange

Rugby to Birmingham at my first look.Still a pain though.
Birmingham Away on 15:47 - Oct 13 with 2906 viewsJamieNaz

Ah yeah, from Rugby to Crewe on the buses is what I meant.

But - still obviously annoying.

Avanti West Coast potentially suggesting some journeys not affected - https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-e

But, unsure whether their journey planner is remotely trustworthy.
Birmingham Away on 16:32 - Oct 13 with 2823 viewsAirtomoreira

I could be wrong here, but:

There are two lines between Rugby and Stafford. One goes via Bham New Street, the other doesn't (goes to the NE of the Bham line, via Nuneaton / Tamworth). This work seems to be taking place on the second of the above lines, with the line via New St not affected by engineering works.

Notwithstanding there is a reduction in the number of trains running, is it not still possible to get a train from Euston to New St without having to take a bus at any point?

The following page seems to suggest that this will be the case:

https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/travel-information/plan-your-journey/planned-e
Birmingham Away on 16:38 - Oct 13 with 2796 viewsAirtomoreira

Further to las post, here's the relevant bit of the link I posted.

Here are the trains we’ll be running over these nine days:

One train per hour between London Euston and Glasgow*
One train per hour between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly (via Stoke-on-Trent)
One train per hour between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly (via Birmingham and Crewe)
One train per hour between London Euston, Birmingham and Preston. This extends every other hour to Blackpool or Edinburgh**
Liverpool services will run between Stafford/Crewe and Liverpool
North Wales services will run between Crewe and Holyhead only***
* This service will additionally call at Crewe.

** This service already runs via the West Midlands — journey times are not extended.
Birmingham Away on 16:43 - Oct 13 with 2767 viewsNorthernr

We're going on the usually much nicer, cheaper more reliant Chiltern train up there.
Trying for the 2310 back from New Street but typically with Avanti there's no guarantee it's running and you can't have a ticket for it now.
Second option is the 2218 North Western service from Adderley Park which we think we can do post match.
Third is staying over, and I strongly suspect this is what will happen.
Train travel in this country at the moment is one of several national disgraces.
Birmingham Away on 17:16 - Oct 13 with 2653 viewsJamieNaz

Birmingham Away on 16:38 - Oct 13 by Airtomoreira

Further to las post, here's the relevant bit of the link I posted.

Here are the trains we’ll be running over these nine days:

One train per hour between London Euston and Glasgow*
One train per hour between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly (via Stoke-on-Trent)
One train per hour between London Euston and Manchester Piccadilly (via Birmingham and Crewe)
One train per hour between London Euston, Birmingham and Preston. This extends every other hour to Blackpool or Edinburgh**
Liverpool services will run between Stafford/Crewe and Liverpool
North Wales services will run between Crewe and Holyhead only***
* This service will additionally call at Crewe.

** This service already runs via the West Midlands — journey times are not extended.

Yeah, I read this, and I've got a headache
Birmingham Away on 17:24 - Oct 13 with 2631 viewsNW11R

Birmingham Away on 16:43 - Oct 13 by Northernr

We're going on the usually much nicer, cheaper more reliant Chiltern train up there.
Trying for the 2310 back from New Street but typically with Avanti there's no guarantee it's running and you can't have a ticket for it now.
Second option is the 2218 North Western service from Adderley Park which we think we can do post match.
Train travel in this country at the moment is one of several national disgraces.

I have just booked myself on to the 2310 back from New Street. From reading the other comments on this thread am I correct in believing that this is likely to not be running then (as it goes through Rugby)?
Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Away on 17:34 - Oct 13 with 2603 viewsJamieNaz

Birmingham Away on 16:43 - Oct 13 by Northernr

That doesn't sound like a bad option.
Didn't even see Chilterns as an option on The Trainline.

I used to have to go to Birmingham all the time with work, so normally didn't have to think about this - just booked it.

The rail replacement nonsense has confused me.

I've also volunteered to take my little brother to this match with his mate. That's two 14-year-olds on their first Away Day. My brothers mate claims to live next to Ozzy Kakay.

Really can't be dealing with having to stay over in Brum with them.
Birmingham Away on 19:16 - Oct 13 with 2474 viewsSK_hoops

Not enough to just move it to a Friday is it?
Birmingham Away on 21:50 - Oct 13 with 2336 viewsRangersw12

Just looking at trains from MK and seems can get West Midland trains to Birmingham to avoid a bus but takes 1hr 36 mins though 🙄

Few of us already staying over as not trusting Avanti to run that 23.10
Birmingham Away on 14:20 - Oct 14 with 2095 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Apologies in advance to hijack this thread but could anyone recommend parking for this fixture? Inexplicably my daughter fancies this game so I was thinking of driving up given the state of the choo choos.
Birmingham Away on 14:34 - Oct 14 with 2054 viewsstowmarketrange

Birmingham Away on 14:20 - Oct 14 by Silverfoxqpr

Apologies in advance to hijack this thread but could anyone recommend parking for this fixture? Inexplicably my daughter fancies this game so I was thinking of driving up given the state of the choo choos.

Have a look at the football ground guide and they take about parking at grounds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024