Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry Away 10:11 - Oct 21 with 2503 viewsNW11R

Morning all. I remember reading on a separate thread that Cov was one of the clubs which has the longest distance between the station and the ground. How do people get to the ground, then? Is there a bus that runs to the ground from the station?
Coventry Away on 10:15 - Oct 21 with 2463 viewstoboboly

Previously there was a bus as the train station next to the ground doesn't open on an event day. If Coventry aren't laying on buses I believe there are local buses which go close.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Coventry Away on 10:23 - Oct 21 with 2437 viewsRBlock

Last time we got a cab to up near the ground, which wasn't too much between five of us. On the way back it's a slog of a walk I hear, although we got lucky and saw a black cab to dive into. Went very smoothly, although I don't think that's everyone's experience.
Coventry Away on 10:39 - Oct 21 with 2361 viewsstowmarketrange

It was a fecking long walk back to the station in 1996 after they beat us 1-0.Lucky I was so pished that I missed most of the trouble outside.
According to Google maps the ground is 3.6 miles from the station,so about 1 hour walk each way.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2022 10:43]
Coventry Away on 10:56 - Oct 21 with 2307 viewsWalnut

I mentioned on the previous thread, last season, Coventry Arena station wasn't open the day of our match and replacement buses ran.
Their website says Coventry Arena station, although not running "special services" for Ricoh events DOES run to timetable and right now, services are scheduled to stop.
Trouble is after the game, it looks like one an hour and they're supposedly small capacity trains. Anyone ever used this service before?
Coventry Away on 10:59 - Oct 21 with 2290 viewstoboboly

Coventry Away on 10:56 - Oct 21 by Walnut

I mentioned on the previous thread, last season, Coventry Arena station wasn't open the day of our match and replacement buses ran.
Their website says Coventry Arena station, although not running "special services" for Ricoh events DOES run to timetable and right now, services are scheduled to stop.
Trouble is after the game, it looks like one an hour and they're supposedly small capacity trains. Anyone ever used this service before?

I thought the joke was that it was too small to be used on matchdays so presume they get cancelled on the day?

Coventry Away on 11:11 - Oct 21 with 2260 viewsWalnut

Coventry Away on 10:59 - Oct 21 by toboboly

I thought the joke was that it was too small to be used on matchdays so presume they get cancelled on the day?

That was always the assumption but their own website says otherwise. There's one train per hour scheduled each way, 28 past to Coventry Main and 24 past to Nuneaton (for East Main line connections).
Question is, how busy will they be?
Coventry Away on 11:19 - Oct 21 with 2230 viewstoboboly

Coventry Away on 11:11 - Oct 21 by Walnut

That was always the assumption but their own website says otherwise. There's one train per hour scheduled each way, 28 past to Coventry Main and 24 past to Nuneaton (for East Main line connections).

Wow....probably easier to walk after the match!

Coventry Away on 11:20 - Oct 21 with 2227 viewsQPREvo

I'm pretty sure last season they put on buses for us to get back to Coventry station
Login to get fewer ads

Coventry Away on 11:26 - Oct 21 with 2199 viewsMoonshineSteve

Massive pain in the neck. Took a cab from pub to ground, but trying to get one after took an age. Real pain of a journey. Walk would be even more fun if it rains.

And I am going next month. Mate booked train tickets so I have to.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Coventry Away on 12:07 - Oct 21 with 2104 viewsMick_S

Last time we went - cab from station to ground, nice and easy.

Stadium to station on bus - nightmare. If I remember correctly it also involved a change.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coventry Away on 12:22 - Oct 21 with 2042 viewsEsox_Lucius

Bring your other half and get there around 14:45. Park in Tesco car park and send her/ him/ them off to do a slow weekly shop, around 2.5 hours. Make sure the bags are on show and you have the receipts to hand when you drive out and it's job done.

The grass is always greener.

Coventry Away on 12:25 - Oct 21 with 2027 viewsandrew1302

Sometimes the police stop off access close to the ground and also to avoid crowds at the end get a taxi to the Tesco next door. Easy walk from there and allows you to nip in and out.
Coventry Away on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 1941 viewssm3ranger

Last year taxi to pub just over the canal 10 minute walk to the ground,the return journey we had no problem jumping on a bus at the end of the game(free if i recall) and straight back to the station.
Bus was full of Rangers all in good voice.
Coventry Away on 13:45 - Oct 21 with 1917 viewsDieByYourSide

Uber also works in Cov, a lot milling around by the station last year

Poll: And it's hi ho

Coventry Away on 14:33 - Oct 21 with 1812 viewsdaveB

They had buses to the train station last year but they were all packed.
We got a taxi to the ground, is a bloody long walk
Coventry Away on 15:46 - Oct 21 with 1709 viewsHayesender

Just booked four train tickets at £21 each. Bargain

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Coventry Away on 17:23 - Oct 21 with 1535 viewsqpr_1968

Coventry Away on 11:11 - Oct 21 by Walnut

thanks for that info walnut, i'm staying in nuneaton friday till the sunday, and it looks a fair old trot. got me ticket today, so, no going back.
bit of luck the rattler wont be too chocker......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Coventry Away on 17:36 - Oct 21 with 1505 viewsWalnut

Coventry Away on 17:23 - Oct 21 by qpr_1968

thanks for that info walnut, i'm staying in nuneaton friday till the sunday, and it looks a fair old trot. got me ticket today, so, no going back.
bit of luck the rattler wont be too chocker......

I'd double double check though, rail planner apps show it as running but my mate bought train tickets at Watford today for our game and was told it's probably shut. Hey ho
Coventry Away on 17:51 - Oct 21 with 1474 viewsqpr_1968

Coventry Away on 17:36 - Oct 21 by Walnut

I'd double double check though, rail planner apps show it as running but my mate bought train tickets at Watford today for our game and was told it's probably shut. Hey ho

just checked times and prices, bermuda park [ nuneaton] to coventry arena, return, £3.70
14.20 there
18.24 back.

8 minutes each way.

hopefully dont change, but, i will check.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024