Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Signings this year. 21:51 - Nov 2 with 2506 viewsBobbi66

Loan or permanent been excellent, Balogun Paal Laird Iroegbunam.Also well played all fans who travelled to Norwich on a Tuesday night.
Signings this year. on 22:42 - Nov 2 with 2319 viewsbosh67

For me we just seem to be a different level with Balogun. The most mobile 34 year old I have seen in years. Always talking, always leading, always has time on the ball. He's absolute class.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Signings this year. on 23:01 - Nov 2 with 2255 viewsLblock

Great window and fair play to Beale

I’m not sweet on Roberts and I’d be amazed if he’s looked on as a success here.
Richards is also a concern. Missing again tonight

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Signings this year. on 23:19 - Nov 2 with 2209 viewsqueensparker

Signings this year. on 22:42 - Nov 2 by bosh67

For me we just seem to be a different level with Balogun. The most mobile 34 year old I have seen in years. Always talking, always leading, always has time on the ball. He's absolute class.

Our best teams have always had a wiley old git written off as past it (Webb, McLintock, Wilkins, Hill etc)

He looks like another one
Signings this year. on 06:40 - Nov 3 with 1980 viewsnix

Signings this year. on 23:01 - Nov 2 by Lblock

Great window and fair play to Beale

I’m not sweet on Roberts and I’d be amazed if he’s looked on as a success here.
Richards is also a concern. Missing again tonight

Beale has said the reason Richards wasn't in the squad for this match is that he's working with the coaching staff on his overall fitness, to ensure he doesn't get any other niggles presumably. He also said he deliberately puts everyone in the squad on rotation so they all get a chance to be involved. So this time Bonne, Shodipo and Adomah came on. Richards and Armstrong will feature in the next three matches I think.

Roberts has been injured too often, admittedly. When he's played a few matches in a row I think he's the only player that can replace Dykes in doing all the physical things up front, like winning the ball and mixing with defenders, that Dykes doesn't get enough credit for but which you notice when he's not playing. He's also got a lot more pace than Dykes. There were a couple of matches that I think he made the difference in but we can't afford to carry anyone, so it's a tricky one.
Signings this year. on 07:21 - Nov 3 with 1899 viewsdistortR

Signings this year. on 06:40 - Nov 3 by nix

Beale has said the reason Richards wasn't in the squad for this match is that he's working with the coaching staff on his overall fitness, to ensure he doesn't get any other niggles presumably. He also said he deliberately puts everyone in the squad on rotation so they all get a chance to be involved. So this time Bonne, Shodipo and Adomah came on. Richards and Armstrong will feature in the next three matches I think.

Roberts has been injured too often, admittedly. When he's played a few matches in a row I think he's the only player that can replace Dykes in doing all the physical things up front, like winning the ball and mixing with defenders, that Dykes doesn't get enough credit for but which you notice when he's not playing. He's also got a lot more pace than Dykes. There were a couple of matches that I think he made the difference in but we can't afford to carry anyone, so it's a tricky one.

It wouldn't surprise me if we get more out of Roberts once the world cup is over.
Signings this year. on 09:12 - Nov 3 with 1710 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Signings this year. on 06:40 - Nov 3 by nix

"He also said he deliberately puts everyone in the squad on rotation so they all get a chance to be involved. So this time Bonne, Shodipo and Adomah came on."

I listened to Beale saying that last night, Nix, and I'm not sure I buy it. I wonder if that's what he had to say.

There's been no sign of any rotation of late for Admoah, Shodipo or Niko. I think we have to consider the possibility that they were only there last night because we had no-one else fit.

Just wondering, of course.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Signings this year. on 09:21 - Nov 3 with 1667 viewsnix

Signings this year. on 09:12 - Nov 3 by BrianMcCarthy

"He also said he deliberately puts everyone in the squad on rotation so they all get a chance to be involved. So this time Bonne, Shodipo and Adomah came on."

I listened to Beale saying that last night, Nix, and I'm not sure I buy it. I wonder if that's what he had to say.

There's been no sign of any rotation of late for Admoah, Shodipo or Niko. I think we have to consider the possibility that they were only there last night because we had no-one else fit.

Just wondering, of course.

You might be right Brian. But if nothing else it shows he's good at spinning a situation. Hopefully the players will feel included and it keeps overall morale up.

It's a very tricky situation trying to keep everyone happy and none of them are his first or really second choice. But there will be times when we might have to call on them and it's important to keep them involved I guess for that reason alone.
Signings this year. on 09:28 - Nov 3 with 1640 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Signings this year. on 09:21 - Nov 3 by nix

You might be right Brian. But if nothing else it shows he's good at spinning a situation. Hopefully the players will feel included and it keeps overall morale up.

It's a very tricky situation trying to keep everyone happy and none of them are his first or really second choice. But there will be times when we might have to call on them and it's important to keep them involved I guess for that reason alone.

"But if nothing else it shows he's good at spinning a situation. Hopefully the players will feel included and it keeps overall morale up."

Great point. I'm wary of Beale. Not sure I trust him.
But I was impressed with his interviews last night. He could've given it the big "bare bones" lark that Redknapp used to trot out to make himself look good, but he didn't.

Login to get fewer ads

Signings this year. on 09:36 - Nov 3 with 1620 viewsBucksRanger

Signings this year. on 09:28 - Nov 3 by BrianMcCarthy

"But if nothing else it shows he's good at spinning a situation. Hopefully the players will feel included and it keeps overall morale up."

Great point. I'm wary of Beale. Not sure I trust him.
But I was impressed with his interviews last night. He could've given it the big "bare bones" lark that Redknapp used to trot out to make himself look good, but he didn't.

I'm wary of Beale too, Brian. It's his voice. I always feel I'm watching a Guy Ritchie gangster movie when I listen to him. I really need to get over this as it's messing up the enjoyment I get from the football taking place this season.
Signings this year. on 09:37 - Nov 3 with 1605 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Signings this year. on 09:36 - Nov 3 by BucksRanger

I'm wary of Beale too, Brian. It's his voice. I always feel I'm watching a Guy Ritchie gangster movie when I listen to him. I really need to get over this as it's messing up the enjoyment I get from the football taking place this season.

Ha Ha!!

Signings this year. on 09:42 - Nov 3 with 1584 viewsDoudou87

Beale best signing followed by Paal, very difficult to find good left backs especially on a free. Give it until Christmas and I think Tim will be our best player, starting to turn in some really impressive performances and he’s only played 10 professional matches. Future England international, reminds me of Bellingham.

If we weren’t so spoilt for CB’s I’d give Leon a shout but I think any of our four first team centre backs would do a job.

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Signings this year. on 11:09 - Nov 3 with 1446 viewskingsburyR

Tim is a Rolls Royce of a player.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Signings this year. on 14:28 - Nov 3 with 1260 viewsderbyhoop

Signings this year. on 09:42 - Nov 3 by Doudou87

Beale best signing followed by Paal, very difficult to find good left backs especially on a free. Give it until Christmas and I think Tim will be our best player, starting to turn in some really impressive performances and he’s only played 10 professional matches. Future England international, reminds me of Bellingham.

If we weren’t so spoilt for CB’s I’d give Leon a shout but I think any of our four first team centre backs would do a job.

Just glides past people.
I agree, future England international

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024