Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup of Shame 12:36 - Nov 4 with 14523 viewskensalriser

Anyone joined up to be a temporary member of Qatar's Stasi for the World Cup?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/04/england-and-wales-fans-being-pa

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

World Cup of Shame on 18:47 - Nov 8 with 735 viewsPlanetHonneywood

World Cup of Shame on 12:17 - Nov 8 by stowmarketrange

How many have died due to having to work in +40c heat?Were the workers given enough breaks to get out of the sun to avoid heatstroke and heat exhaustion?Or was completing the job on time more important than workers lives?
That’s without the accidental deaths on potentially dangerous building sites.

I didn't work on H&S there, and dont know the figures. However, I'd be surprised if heat exhaustion wasn't a potentially the reason or a contributory factor behind many fatalities and injuries.

However, what I can say and wrote about some time ago on here, is that Q with my former employer has done a lot of work in this area, and to such an extent, that it's probably produced the most fact/science based recommendations.

We did an analysis of 5,000 workers, which underpinned law changes in Q. As much as I recall, this included such things such as: stopping work between 11-3; stopping work altogether when a trigger point is reached on a measuring system that factors, heat, sunlight and humidity; extensive training of OSH officers; mandatory water breaks, shade/cool areas; more education for workers; and beefed up enforcement. I recall some Q came down on employers breaching the new laws.

It's effing unbearable during the summer, among the worst I've known anywhere on the Planet. The thought of forcing hard grafting in that heat is unconscionable

The significance of me writing this during COP27 should not be lost on us, as the rise in global temperatures will necessitate similar preventive measures being adopted globally from now on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

World Cup of Shame on 22:23 - Nov 8 with 629 viewsstainrods_elbow

World Cup of Shame on 12:58 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Northern the younger is going with Polish and a few other QPR regulars.

Like everybody, problems with accom. He's on a bloody cruise ship some of the nights, what fun getting football fans back onto that in the middle of the night - Fyre Festival all over again.

Loads of people are staying Dubai, he reckons there's something daft like 50 flights a day going between the two (nice and green), but some days it's £1k for a ticket on a 40 minute flight.

Personally, I think this is where being a football fan crosses over into something like mental/political illness.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024