Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Added Time at the WC 16:07 - Nov 25 with 3776 viewsPinnerPaul

Forgive me, too lazy to trawl through the WC thread and hopefully the topic warrants a separate thread.

How do we feel about the (apparently Collina) edict that all time lost must be allowed for?

Certainly, seen a lot more time added on than we are used to in our domestic matches.

Admit I haven't seen many full 90's so interested to know what others think about the amounts being added?

Thanks all
Added Time at the WC on 11:48 - Nov 29 with 678 viewsLancashirehoop

It probably is a truer reflection of time lost through goal kicks, throw ins etc. However in addition I'd like to see goal celebrations limited to a maximum of one minute. If the scoring team aren't back in position by this time, the ref blows the whistle and the conceded team can kick off.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Added Time at the WC on 18:18 - Nov 29 with 630 viewsPinnerPaul

Added Time at the WC on 06:47 - Nov 29 by davman

Paul, you are right on that. This is the saddest thing about modern football. The governing bodies are impotent as they are terrified of their members instead of doing what is right for the game.

Enforce the laws should be the ask. Don't worry if this leads to multiple sending off or long games; just do it and do it consistently...

And you're right as well.

Maybe. just maybe, Howard will stand up to them, but realistically, as they are paying his wages, I doubt that will happen.
Added Time at the WC on 18:19 - Nov 29 with 624 viewsPinnerPaul

Added Time at the WC on 11:48 - Nov 29 by Lancashirehoop

It probably is a truer reflection of time lost through goal kicks, throw ins etc. However in addition I'd like to see goal celebrations limited to a maximum of one minute. If the scoring team aren't back in position by this time, the ref blows the whistle and the conceded team can kick off.

That's what happens in Hockey.
Added Time at the WC on 20:25 - Nov 29 with 587 viewsPaddyhoops

Added Time at the WC on 06:49 - Nov 29 by Northernr

It's brilliant, long overdue and would like to see it in our league.

Agree . You could be getting to the crown at 6 every second Saturday though.
Added Time at the WC on 20:09 - Nov 30 with 541 viewstimeforheroes

My concern with it (and the idea of a 60 minute match with clock stopped whenever the ball goes out of play) is that it will lead to longer matches overall and with players and coaches using stoppages for tactical chats/reasons. If the punishment becomes 'we'll add this time on at the end', I fear the long term unintended consequences of that so I want yellow cards etc to be used properly as well to prevent teams taking water breaks/conferring on tactics. Ofc anything is better than the current settlement but I do worry with heavily rehearsed patterns of play (like 'plays' in American football), 5 subs, clock stopping, the game is becoming more like American football lite and moving away from the magic and spontaneous game we all love.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024