Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky Sports obsession with QPR 13:08 - Dec 31 with 3845 viewsstanistheman

What is it about ?
3 live games in a week and 6 already. Has any other Championship club been on as much this season and last? It’s not as if we are a big draw in this division nor even great to watch.
Or do they just enjoy watching us lose so often?
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 13:12 - Dec 31 with 3796 viewsNorthernr

Don't think we'll be on much second half of the season. When the games were picked we were fourth.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 14:00 - Dec 31 with 3658 viewscolinallcars

Yes, hopefully we can look forward to quite a lot of Saturday three pms.
Sadly it seems it won't be much of a spectacle barring a real turn up for the books in the very near future.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 14:02 - Dec 31 with 3652 viewsenfieldargh

Moreover, clubs also receive an amount for every broadcasted match on Sky Sports, varying between 10,000 and 100,000 pounds. While the away side usually earns £10K, the home team could receive up to £100K depending on the time slot.

£4,500,000 each Champ team per season

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 14:03 - Dec 31 with 3650 viewsenfieldargh

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 14:02 - Dec 31 by enfieldargh

Moreover, clubs also receive an amount for every broadcasted match on Sky Sports, varying between 10,000 and 100,000 pounds. While the away side usually earns £10K, the home team could receive up to £100K depending on the time slot.

£4,500,000 each Champ team per season

https://sqaf.club/football-league-tv-money-distribution/

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 17:42 - Dec 31 with 3425 viewsthemodfather

they know there will be goals as we cannot defend most of the time yet create due to possession?
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 18:09 - Dec 31 with 3396 viewsqpr1976

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 17:42 - Dec 31 by themodfather

they know there will be goals as we cannot defend most of the time yet create due to possession?

What is the meaning of this ‘create’ word you use ?
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 23:48 - Dec 31 with 3206 viewsLazyFan

I think it's more to do with having to pay money to get all the TV Crew around the country. During the Xmas break when people want time off they ask for more money and also industrial action due to govt mismanaging the economy makes it a travel risk.

Especially as they have their first team crews out for the Prem fixtures, not to mention there are only a few London teams in the Champ now. So, putting us on is the easy and cheap option.

Of course, this invokes the Sky Hoodoo Jinx and we lose again. I remember one time even the Sky commentary mentioned our Sky jinx, but I suspect they were told to keep quiet about it as I never heard them say it again.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 14:29 - Jan 1 with 2854 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 23:48 - Dec 31 by LazyFan

I think it's more to do with having to pay money to get all the TV Crew around the country. During the Xmas break when people want time off they ask for more money and also industrial action due to govt mismanaging the economy makes it a travel risk.

Especially as they have their first team crews out for the Prem fixtures, not to mention there are only a few London teams in the Champ now. So, putting us on is the easy and cheap option.

Of course, this invokes the Sky Hoodoo Jinx and we lose again. I remember one time even the Sky commentary mentioned our Sky jinx, but I suspect they were told to keep quiet about it as I never heard them say it again.

Sky don't employ the technicians, they sub contract to companies who have been doing it for ages & are not all based in London.

They also, very probably, pay a flat fee per match regardless of where it is, fee negotiated in the tender process to allow for the nature of the sport - ie all over the country, different days, different times inc BHs - obviously.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 15:24 - Jan 1 with 2786 views222gers

As I've said Ad Finititum ( ooh, you speak Portugese ), can you imagine someone buying a couple of tickets for the opera, and finding out the day and date has been changed ? No, neither can I.
Some say the club benefits from Sky money bit Shirely the Sky money has gone straight into the pockets of players and agents thus making it all the harder for small(er) clubs to compete and survive.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 15:33 - Jan 1 with 2757 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 15:24 - Jan 1 by 222gers

As I've said Ad Finititum ( ooh, you speak Portugese ), can you imagine someone buying a couple of tickets for the opera, and finding out the day and date has been changed ? No, neither can I.
Some say the club benefits from Sky money bit Shirely the Sky money has gone straight into the pockets of players and agents thus making it all the harder for small(er) clubs to compete and survive.

TBF it says on every fixture list, dates and times subject to change, so that's the get out clause.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:40 - Jan 1 with 2682 views222gers

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 15:33 - Jan 1 by PinnerPaul

TBF it says on every fixture list, dates and times subject to change, so that's the get out clause.

I think if I bought a couple of tix for Sadlers Wells and the date was changed, I imagine they would contact me to inform me of the new date/time.
Neither QPR or Sky do this.
It's irrevelent because it doesn't happen outside certain sports - mainly football.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:41 - Jan 1 with 2671 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:40 - Jan 1 by 222gers

I think if I bought a couple of tix for Sadlers Wells and the date was changed, I imagine they would contact me to inform me of the new date/time.
It's irrevelent because it doesn't happen outside certain sports - mainly football.

QPR tell everyone when the date/time is changed.

Train travel of course is a pain, but rare for tickets to actually go on sale and then Sky change the date.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 2638 views222gers

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:41 - Jan 1 by PinnerPaul

QPR tell everyone when the date/time is changed.

Train travel of course is a pain, but rare for tickets to actually go on sale and then Sky change the date.

Mm…not sure Paul. I've been a season ticket holder since early 70s and of course they say when purchasing that dates and times are subject to change.
Does it say that when you buy a single ticket ? Anyway, it seems it's up to the purchaser to find out -they don't actually contact you.
Obviously I don't blame the club - their hands are tied. But in other areas of human endeavour it would be incumbent on the seller to inform the purchaser of the change.
Pedantic ? I suppose so.
Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 17:13 - Jan 1 with 2573 viewsJuzzie

Sky Sports obsession with QPR on 16:40 - Jan 1 by 222gers

It happens because fans let it happen.
Keep going to matches, keep paying £££££ and nothing will change.

The authorities don’t give a fk about the EFL clubs so if attendances dropped they wouldn’t care. It would take a big nosedive at PL attendances for anyone to take notice and that’s probably not going to happen for a while.

I stopped my Sky Sports subscription about 8 years ago. Can’t go to games much nowadays as i have a young family but even if I didn’t i’d probably have stopped the away games due to the travelling costs etc.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2023 17:15]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024