Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arteta 13:32 - Jan 4 with 6042 viewsMonkey_Roots

I think he is a bit ridiculous, and a petulant, spoilt little brat β€” top of the table or not.

Discuss.

Arteta on 12:36 - Jan 5 with 629 viewsAntti_Heinola

Arteta on 10:54 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Sadly, Madley lost control of most aspects of that game on Monday. I thought it was a big ask for him to do it so soon after he'd had an eccentric day out at Palace v Fulham. Ball in play 43 minutes, Newcastle timewasting from the off - adds two and five minutes. Goes through five minutes of booking everybody for everything, then realises he's going to end up with nine-a-side so tries to stop but then the next three tackles were all yellow cards so he just looked wildly inconsistent. The dissent he put up with without booking people was nuts, crowds of players pursuing him around the pitch.

Not sure he was ever in control of it. Really poor night's officiating at a huge game. The two reds at Palace were highly debatable too, as you intimate.
The 5 mins add on at the Arsenal game was shocking. I was expecting a minimum of 8. Doesn't excuse Arteta though, and the penalty shouts he went on about were the correct calls.

Bare bones.

Arteta on 13:03 - Jan 5 with 583 viewskernowhoop

Arteta on 12:21 - Jan 5 by PinnerPaul

Reason being verbal abuse can lead to physical abuse at grassroots, so you HAVE to stamp on it.

Referees are not going to get assaulted at the professional level so they are told to put up with it.

Totally disagree with that approach, but as Clive's example illustrates, its obvious what the policy is when you see most verbal dissent/abuse totally ignored.

'Referees are not going to get assaulted at the professional level so they are told to put up with it.'
Yes. Paolo Di Canio's little assault was the exception that proved the rule. And, incidentally, that ref's tumble had something in common with players' efforts to win free kicks and penalties.
Arteta on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 517 viewsMick_S

Arteta on 14:57 - Jan 4 by DWQPR

For those who were kids in the 70's has anyone noticed the similarity with Captain Black?

Mikel Arteta

Captain Black

I got bit of Dean Gaffney, Robbie in Eastenders. Well β€˜Ard.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024