Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arteta 13:32 - Jan 4 with 6038 viewsMonkey_Roots

I think he is a bit ridiculous, and a petulant, spoilt little brat — top of the table or not.

Discuss.

Arteta on 17:45 - Jan 4 with 1819 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Arteta on 17:33 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Well he's doing something right atm cos they're top.

I saw one of their matches on the box over the holidays and I thought they were excellent.

They worked hard, had a plan, had pace and they clearly enjoyed it.

I hope they win it. Always had a soft spot for "The" Arsenal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Arteta on 17:48 - Jan 4 with 1785 viewsMedwayR

The speakers on the training ground to replicate the Anfield atmosphere was cringeworthy too, but the way he handled Aubameyang was top class. He does some odd things at times but he's doing them for the right reasons, Arsenal are lucky to have him but equally he's lucky to have Arsenal because they've stuck by him.

Poll: Who’s better?

Arteta on 18:57 - Jan 4 with 1714 viewsLazyFan

Arteta on 17:33 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Well he's doing something right atm cos they're top.

He has spent loads at Arsenal. probably around £250m

However he bought all the right players and bought them young so, they are sellable assets. So, if it went wrong they could get something back for them. And the Youth setup has come through with some gems all at the same time which is very useful.

Good manager, but not cheap.

zzzzzzzzzz

Arteta on 19:57 - Jan 4 with 1654 viewsdistortR

Arteta on 18:57 - Jan 4 by LazyFan

However he bought all the right players and bought them young so, they are sellable assets. So, if it went wrong they could get something back for them. And the Youth setup has come through with some gems all at the same time which is very useful.

he has also bought a lot of dross over his time at Arsenal.
Arteta on 20:14 - Jan 4 with 1626 viewstraininvain

Arteta on 19:57 - Jan 4 by distortR

I thought Arteta had generally done well in the transfer market? White, Saliba, Odegaard, Partey etc. Whereas the manager before him was busy spending £80m on Pepe!

The player I think Arsenal would do well to sign in January is Eze. He’d be cheaper than Mudryk at £80m and he’s proven in the Premiership. And he’d provide cover across the attack for them. Not to mention the obvious benefit to us!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 20:37]
Arteta on 20:41 - Jan 4 with 1598 viewsKiwi76

Was quite shocked at Newcastle who had only seen on highlights previously where seemed 70’s Brazil - more like 90’s Wimbledon last night.
You have to have set tactics to drop clutching your head every 5mins even if not practiced?!
If that was a WC game would’ve been 15mins added time.
Hope Arteta does have some good relaxation techniques…
Arteta on 21:24 - Jan 4 with 1549 viewsdistortR

Arteta on 20:14 - Jan 4 by traininvain

I thought Arteta had generally done well in the transfer market? White, Saliba, Odegaard, Partey etc. Whereas the manager before him was busy spending £80m on Pepe!

The player I think Arsenal would do well to sign in January is Eze. He’d be cheaper than Mudryk at £80m and he’s proven in the Premiership. And he’d provide cover across the attack for them. Not to mention the obvious benefit to us!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 20:37]

I had a quick look at all his signings, didn't know quite a number. Reviewing it after what you said, was thrown by £23m Magalhaes being who we call Gabriel, and a couple more similarly.
I concede!
Arteta on 21:30 - Jan 4 with 1539 viewsdaveB

Arteta on 18:57 - Jan 4 by LazyFan

Man Utd spend that every summer
Login to get fewer ads

Arteta on 22:38 - Jan 4 with 1486 viewsKonk

Arteta on 17:06 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Here's the clip...

Deary, me. That is fu cking awful. The sort of sh it a facilitator comes out with when you’re on the world’s worst works away day, in the conference room of a disappointing hotel in Stevenage.

What was going through his head when he came up with that? I reckon the players would have got his point without him spinning round and waving an illuminated light bulb in their faces. He could have blinded someone. If Pat Rice was still there in his shorts, he’d have talked him out of it. That’s the sort of sh it I’d expect from Tony Adams, Joey Barton, or Phil Brown.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Arteta on 23:21 - Jan 4 with 1430 viewsnix

Yeah, it's a bit David Brent but with a lightbulb rather than a guitar.

They've done well not to snigger.

Having said that he has done a pretty good job to get Arsenal to where they are playing decent football and with a young squad.

If you look at Chelsea they've surely spent more on players that haven't really worked out, like Werner and Lukaku.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2023 8:27]
Arteta on 06:02 - Jan 5 with 1326 viewsBushRanger82

I wish we had him, and were in Arsenal's place.
Arteta on 07:29 - Jan 5 with 1302 viewsNorthernr

Arteta on 20:41 - Jan 4 by Kiwi76

Was quite shocked at Newcastle who had only seen on highlights previously where seemed 70’s Brazil - more like 90’s Wimbledon last night.
You have to have set tactics to drop clutching your head every 5mins even if not practiced?!
If that was a WC game would’ve been 15mins added time.
Hope Arteta does have some good relaxation techniques…

Cos Eddie Howe has blonde hair and a child's face everybody forgets that his Bournemouth team were absolute fcking shthouses.
Arteta on 08:43 - Jan 5 with 1238 viewsBAWHoops

I actually thought he was very naive the other night. His touchline behaviour fed through to the team who lost their composure a little as well.

He's doing an incredible job there though. The amount of crap he has cleared out has been incredible. Even harder to do when you have w*nkers like Piers Morgan sounding off to their millions of followers because you didn't sign a striker.
He came in for dogs abuse when he got rid of Aubameyang and let Lacazette run down his deal, but he stuck to his beliefs and now has two of the best wide forwards in the league, the best creative midfielder bar De Bruyne and spent his money wisely on a striker with a decent home grown back up.

Obviously Paul Merson is on TV saying he needs to go out and spend loads on the latest flavour of the month though

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Arteta on 08:56 - Jan 5 with 1219 viewsNorthernr

Arteta on 08:43 - Jan 5 by BAWHoops

I actually thought he was very naive the other night. His touchline behaviour fed through to the team who lost their composure a little as well.

He's doing an incredible job there though. The amount of crap he has cleared out has been incredible. Even harder to do when you have w*nkers like Piers Morgan sounding off to their millions of followers because you didn't sign a striker.
He came in for dogs abuse when he got rid of Aubameyang and let Lacazette run down his deal, but he stuck to his beliefs and now has two of the best wide forwards in the league, the best creative midfielder bar De Bruyne and spent his money wisely on a striker with a decent home grown back up.

Obviously Paul Merson is on TV saying he needs to go out and spend loads on the latest flavour of the month though

On your first line, he did something similar at Anfield the season before last, got involved with Klopp on the touchline, backfired badly they lost 4-0.
Arteta on 09:36 - Jan 5 with 1181 viewsDWQPR

Arteta on 17:06 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Here's the clip...

I would have bought into that more had it not been an energy saving lightbulb!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Arteta on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1182 viewsfrancisbowles

Have the FA/PL still got respect on their 'mission statement'?

If so I think it got forgotten, for the umpteenth time and by numerous figures, with Arteta's behavior last night.
Arteta on 09:41 - Jan 5 with 1177 viewsNorthernr

Arteta on 09:38 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

Have the FA/PL still got respect on their 'mission statement'?

If so I think it got forgotten, for the umpteenth time and by numerous figures, with Arteta's behavior last night.

I couldn't believe Dan Burn was allowed to chase a referee down the pitch throwing his arm at him and calling him every name under the sun either - and that was one of decisions madley got right.

They need to get back to the captain being the only one who can talk to the referee, and the crowding and intimidating him which is now just absolutely commonplace in every premier League game I watch, needs to bring multiple yellows.
Arteta on 10:14 - Jan 5 with 1129 viewsTheChef

Arteta on 09:41 - Jan 5 by Northernr

I couldn't believe Dan Burn was allowed to chase a referee down the pitch throwing his arm at him and calling him every name under the sun either - and that was one of decisions madley got right.

They need to get back to the captain being the only one who can talk to the referee, and the crowding and intimidating him which is now just absolutely commonplace in every premier League game I watch, needs to bring multiple yellows.

I know everyone refers to the old chestnut of comparing respect for officials in rugby vs. football - but having only captains approach the ref is surely the easiest win, to start with?

Playing Sunday League you'd get some refs who wouldn't stand for any foul and abusive language (they'd warn everyone before kick off) and would book you straightaway for that. Mystifying really why it goes totally unchecked in the professional game.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Arteta on 10:54 - Jan 5 with 1100 viewsNorthernr

Arteta on 10:14 - Jan 5 by TheChef

I know everyone refers to the old chestnut of comparing respect for officials in rugby vs. football - but having only captains approach the ref is surely the easiest win, to start with?

Playing Sunday League you'd get some refs who wouldn't stand for any foul and abusive language (they'd warn everyone before kick off) and would book you straightaway for that. Mystifying really why it goes totally unchecked in the professional game.

Sadly, Madley lost control of most aspects of that game on Monday. I thought it was a big ask for him to do it so soon after he'd had an eccentric day out at Palace v Fulham. Ball in play 43 minutes, Newcastle timewasting from the off - adds two and five minutes. Goes through five minutes of booking everybody for everything, then realises he's going to end up with nine-a-side so tries to stop but then the next three tackles were all yellow cards so he just looked wildly inconsistent. The dissent he put up with without booking people was nuts, crowds of players pursuing him around the pitch.
Arteta on 11:14 - Jan 5 with 1059 viewskernowhoop

Arteta on 15:43 - Jan 4 by CLAREMAN1995

Conte sprinting down the entire side everytime Chelsea scored used to annoy me .
Then sure enough he did the same thing at Spurs until he realized they are not qualifying for Europe then demands more money what a tool.
Arteta has the making of a brilliant coach but his behaviour yesterday was pretty pathetic .Eddie Howe came off looking calm and collected until he had enough of the b.s.
Newcastle did act the wan*ers a lot though doing their best PNE and throwin a lot of dirty tackles in so I can see why Arteta was angry .
Just like Haaland in the second time around getting the crap kicked out of him , Arsenal are going to be stopped come hell or high water IMO

And the Newcastle players were 'in the face' of the referee, who really needed first to warn about it and then, assuming they took notice, dish out some yellow cards.
Arteta on 11:53 - Jan 5 with 1023 viewshubble

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Arteta on 12:11 - Jan 5 with 988 viewsPinnerPaul

Arteta on 19:57 - Jan 4 by distortR

I thought we were the only club that did that?
Arteta on 12:17 - Jan 5 with 969 viewsPinnerPaul

Arteta on 09:41 - Jan 5 by Northernr

Not surprisingly I agree with that.

Said it before, absolutely pointless bringing in yellow/red cards for the technical area and then hardly ever using them.
Arteta on 12:21 - Jan 5 with 960 viewsPinnerPaul

Arteta on 10:14 - Jan 5 by TheChef

Reason being verbal abuse can lead to physical abuse at grassroots, so you HAVE to stamp on it.

Referees are not going to get assaulted at the professional level so they are told to put up with it.

Totally disagree with that approach, but as Clive's example illustrates, its obvious what the policy is when you see most verbal dissent/abuse totally ignored.
Arteta on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 942 viewskernowhoop

Arteta on 11:14 - Jan 5 by kernowhoop

And the Newcastle players were 'in the face' of the referee, who really needed first to warn about it and then, assuming they took notice, dish out some yellow cards.

Oops. I meant 'no notice', of course.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024