Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£32,000 per year 06:39 - Jan 20 with 16155 viewsraynor94

Should you be using a food bank?

It's come up this week a nurse has said that's what she earns and can't survive without a food bank.

A Tory mp has said on the airwaves that there is something wrong with her budgetin skills, in this instance i haveto agree with him.

And how does she get a voucher earning that type of money, thoughts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 06:58 - Jan 20 with 4109 viewsDr_Winston

About the only thing that I'm prepared to say on the subject is that although some people do need to use foodbanks from time to time, they are also wildly abused.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£32,000 per year on 10:17 - Jan 20 with 3990 viewsCountyJim

Not like the op to agree with the Tories
£32,000 per year on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 3965 viewscontroversial_jack

Where does she live, what's her rent or mortgage? Does she have kids that need childcare?
£32,000 per year on 10:39 - Jan 20 with 3973 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 10:17 - Jan 20 by CountyJim

Not like the op to agree with the Tories

Well, what's your opinion?

£32,000 per year on 10:43 - Jan 20 with 3968 viewsbritferry

I would only use a foodbank if I was totally and utterly at the end of my means but as we know, there are people who would take advantage of anything because its free.

£32k is a good wage but who knows what money they have going out, so I'm not going to judge them.

But how is a food bank supposed to decide who can and can't claim food? The people working there are normally volunteers, the last thing they want is confrontation and aggro for turning people away.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

£32,000 per year on 10:59 - Jan 20 with 3948 viewsBadgeman

£32,000 per year on 10:43 - Jan 20 by britferry

I would only use a foodbank if I was totally and utterly at the end of my means but as we know, there are people who would take advantage of anything because its free.

£32k is a good wage but who knows what money they have going out, so I'm not going to judge them.

But how is a food bank supposed to decide who can and can't claim food? The people working there are normally volunteers, the last thing they want is confrontation and aggro for turning people away.

Most food banks like the Trussell Trust ones in Swansea operate on a referral system which means people can only access the service if they've been referred with a voucher. Referrals usually come from frontline professionals, doctors, health visitors, social workers, or charities and Citizens Advice.

The idea that food banks are just handing out a weeks shopping to the undeserving poor or whoever turns up is a nonsense peddled the right wing press.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

£32,000 per year on 11:18 - Jan 20 with 3938 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 10:28 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

Where does she live, what's her rent or mortgage? Does she have kids that need childcare?

Mortgage is a choice, 30 hours of free chidcare in Wales 👍

£32,000 per year on 11:25 - Jan 20 with 3933 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 10:28 - Jan 20 by controversial_jack

Beat me to it. Single mum living in London with school aged children needign to access childcare who is working to try and stay off the benefits system? Then maybe.

Same people who get irate about this get irate about people being on benefits rather than working.
Login to get fewer ads

£32,000 per year on 11:27 - Jan 20 with 3932 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 10:59 - Jan 20 by Badgeman

Most food banks like the Trussell Trust ones in Swansea operate on a referral system which means people can only access the service if they've been referred with a voucher. Referrals usually come from frontline professionals, doctors, health visitors, social workers, or charities and Citizens Advice.

The idea that food banks are just handing out a weeks shopping to the undeserving poor or whoever turns up is a nonsense peddled the right wing press.

And schools. Only given out in genuine emergency cases.

*I'm sure there are those who abuse the system, there always are.
£32,000 per year on 11:29 - Jan 20 with 3929 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 11:18 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Mortgage is a choice, 30 hours of free chidcare in Wales 👍

Whicn the massive majority of nurseries, preschools and childminders restrict to be used between 9am and 3pm then charge large amounts for wraparound school care. (They have to do this to make ends meet as the 'free funding' is woefully inadequate)

It's a swizz, Rayns.
£32,000 per year on 11:34 - Jan 20 with 3927 viewsSirjohnalot

After tax is it around £2100 a month.
He quotes the lady (from a rich background) pays £775 a month for a room ! (not a house of flat)

A nurse is likely to have a student loan, call it £200 a months
Child care rates are very high (around £180 a week for one child in London)
We now need to take into account parking at hospitals, food drink, petrol, living costs.

It is very likely someone living in London on that salary will be using foodbanks.

Again, we need to be looking up at the people in charge not down at those in need.

We have a former Chancellor of the Exchequer making mistakes over a vast amount of unpaid tax yet we are questioning those we clapped in the pandemic.
£32,000 per year on 11:46 - Jan 20 with 3923 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 11:29 - Jan 20 by Gwyn737

Whicn the massive majority of nurseries, preschools and childminders restrict to be used between 9am and 3pm then charge large amounts for wraparound school care. (They have to do this to make ends meet as the 'free funding' is woefully inadequate)

It's a swizz, Rayns.

Sorry, that was aimed as a wind up to CJ

£32,000 per year on 11:55 - Jan 20 with 3910 viewsBoundy

Attributed to have been written by many but the sentiments remain the same "You can't really understand another person's experience until you've walked a mile in their shoes

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

£32,000 per year on 12:02 - Jan 20 with 3887 viewscontroversial_jack

£32,000 per year on 11:46 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Sorry, that was aimed as a wind up to CJ

I didn't bite either. You need to try harder , or are you backpedaling?
£32,000 per year on 16:08 - Jan 20 with 3808 viewsswan65split

Its pretty easy to look and criticise and pick, but take it from someone whose been there, being "comfortable" in life to really struggling to cope, and possibly losing everything isn't that far away from everyone, who ever you are,
£32,000 per year on 16:18 - Jan 20 with 3792 viewsCountyJim

Here's my take 32 k isn't a fantastic wage anymore it's good

Some people are good with money some are not if someone is in need of the foodbank I'm not going to judge
£32,000 per year on 16:37 - Jan 20 with 3784 viewsmagicdaps10

My wife is a secondary school teacher, been doing it for 20 years.
She didn't vote, she was hounded 2/3 times a week to vote but she doesn't think having extra money in her wage will help the issues that are going on in schools, she doesn't think having extra in her account will help with stress or too much work.

She doesn't know a single teacher too give up the profession to go and work in another, she only knows of staff leaving to go up the ladder or because its closer to home or for retirement.

Its not about the system, it's about getting more money for a vast majority of teachers striking.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

£32,000 per year on 17:37 - Jan 20 with 3715 viewsSirjohnalot

I’ll just say this.

I’m doing ok, I don’t need a food bank others do. I’ll support them and not judge.

It’s that simple.
£32,000 per year on 17:54 - Jan 20 with 3689 viewsraynor94

£32,000 per year on 17:37 - Jan 20 by Sirjohnalot

I’ll just say this.

I’m doing ok, I don’t need a food bank others do. I’ll support them and not judge.

It’s that simple.

It's not about judging, but there's something radically wrong if you are earning in excess of 32k and need to use a food bank.

£32,000 per year on 18:03 - Jan 20 with 3675 viewsSirjohnalot

£32,000 per year on 17:54 - Jan 20 by raynor94

It's not about judging, but there's something radically wrong if you are earning in excess of 32k and need to use a food bank.

It really isn’t, I’ve uploaded a rough estimate as to how that can disappear very quickly in a post above. Nurses are telling us that they’re using food banks, Lee Anderson blames them. Who to believe ?

£32k, especially in the South, doesn’t go far with huge rental and mortgage increases, child care costs, student loans, gas and electric, petrol. Won’t be much left . That’s without food and heaven forbid if any of them have the audacity to own a mobile phone or want any kind of life outside of work.

I wear very lucky to get on the housing and be on a crap wage before everything exploded. Many aren’t as fortunate. I’ll help them anyway I can
£32,000 per year on 18:23 - Jan 20 with 3661 viewspencoedjack

No she should budget better, earning more than the national average of just shy of 28k.

If they choose to live in a house above what she/him can afford or has loads of kids that’s their choice.

Not forgetting they have a decent pension too look forward (as most who work in the public sector) & unlimited overtime.

Obviously not striking as they can’t afford loss of pay?
£32,000 per year on 18:57 - Jan 20 with 3633 viewsGwyn737

If you bought your first house for 3 times your wage, have a little think before criticising those wanting to get on the ladder when it’s 8 times that.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2023 19:17]
£32,000 per year on 18:58 - Jan 20 with 3631 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 18:23 - Jan 20 by pencoedjack

No she should budget better, earning more than the national average of just shy of 28k.

If they choose to live in a house above what she/him can afford or has loads of kids that’s their choice.

Not forgetting they have a decent pension too look forward (as most who work in the public sector) & unlimited overtime.

Obviously not striking as they can’t afford loss of pay?

How does a single nurse live in London? Should he/she just budget better? Should she not have kids?
£32,000 per year on 19:28 - Jan 20 with 3601 viewslifelong

£32,000 per year on 16:37 - Jan 20 by magicdaps10

My wife is a secondary school teacher, been doing it for 20 years.
She didn't vote, she was hounded 2/3 times a week to vote but she doesn't think having extra money in her wage will help the issues that are going on in schools, she doesn't think having extra in her account will help with stress or too much work.

She doesn't know a single teacher too give up the profession to go and work in another, she only knows of staff leaving to go up the ladder or because its closer to home or for retirement.

Its not about the system, it's about getting more money for a vast majority of teachers striking.

Our daughter is a full time TA in a large special needs school in Swansea, she loves her work and is totally dedicated to it.

She takes home £1150 a month, it’s nothing short of scandalous.
£32,000 per year on 19:42 - Jan 20 with 3595 viewspencoedjack

£32,000 per year on 19:28 - Jan 20 by lifelong

Our daughter is a full time TA in a large special needs school in Swansea, she loves her work and is totally dedicated to it.

She takes home £1150 a month, it’s nothing short of scandalous.

That is scandalous
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024