Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£32,000 per year 06:39 - Jan 20 with 16176 viewsraynor94

Should you be using a food bank?

It's come up this week a nurse has said that's what she earns and can't survive without a food bank.

A Tory mp has said on the airwaves that there is something wrong with her budgetin skills, in this instance i haveto agree with him.

And how does she get a voucher earning that type of money, thoughts?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 14:26 - Jan 22 with 666 viewsCountyJim

£32,000 per year on 14:24 - Jan 22 by BryanSwan

We aren't like other countries, could almost guarentee that lifetime mortgages would be used as a tool to raise house prices.
We need to be building houses on all the masses and masses of disused brownfield sites, may not be as desireable as building on our greenfields and countryside (for council back pockets and cowboy builders), but it is the only way.

We could start a building program and use apprenticeship training included for all the building trades
£32,000 per year on 16:19 - Jan 22 with 624 viewsmajorraglan

£32,000 per year on 13:21 - Jan 22 by CountyJim

Some countries have life time mortgages perhaps that's the way forward for the young generation

Absolutely not, as has been said it will just mean prices going up and up and future generations will become beholden and trapped in debt. House prices need to become more affordable which means a price correction and probably a lot of pain for those who’ve bought in the last few years, or a period of very long term price stability where prices don’t increase. Delivering the latter could be difficult unless government were prepared to regulate lending and there was a huge increase in housing supply.
£32,000 per year on 16:40 - Jan 22 with 612 viewsbuilthjack

£2000 take home.
Then
£800 rent
£200 council tax
£150 leccy
£100 gas
£50 water
Kids clothes, treats. £200
Car insurance, fuel, upkeep, depreciation, etc to get to work. £300
£200 left for food and other things per month.
Food bank needed.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 20:21]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

£32,000 per year on 19:14 - Jan 22 with 573 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 16:40 - Jan 22 by builthjack

£2000 take home.
Then
£800 rent
£200 council tax
£150 leccy
£100 gas
£50 water
Food bank needed.

No family allowance ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

£32,000 per year on 19:27 - Jan 22 with 566 viewsraynor94

£2000 take home.
Then
£800 rent
£200 council tax
£150 leccy
£100 gas
£50 water
Food bank needed.

350 on energy and the car one far more suprised

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

£32,000 per year on 19:32 - Jan 22 with 557 viewsSullutaCreturned

£32,000 per year on 16:19 - Jan 22 by majorraglan

Absolutely not, as has been said it will just mean prices going up and up and future generations will become beholden and trapped in debt. House prices need to become more affordable which means a price correction and probably a lot of pain for those who’ve bought in the last few years, or a period of very long term price stability where prices don’t increase. Delivering the latter could be difficult unless government were prepared to regulate lending and there was a huge increase in housing supply.

It's my personal beliefe that mortgages are alread ya rip off that are badly in need of more regulation.

When you take out a bank loan you get a fixed interest rate. The bank may have borrowed the money themselves at a fixed rate. Then you get a mortgage and you can get a short fixed rate but then the variable happens and it can murder peoples finances.

This is the lefty in me but there should be a natinal bank that offers fixed rate mortgages for the term of the loan. Profit isn't a dirty word but greed is. Banks are greedy.

Just like I believe our utilities should be nationalised and the profits used to keep taxes down, mortgages should also be a tool to make our lives better.
£32,000 per year on 19:46 - Jan 22 with 545 viewsmajorraglan

£2000 take home.
Then
£800 rent
£200 council tax
£150 leccy
£100 gas
£50 water
Food bank needed.

I’d say the £350 a month gas an electric is on the high side, unless the property is extremely energy inefficient. That’s said, I’d have added a few other things like broadband/internet as I see that as an essential these days, telephone, house/contents insurance should also be up there.

In terms of car, that seems a bit high, but if you’ve got a fair commute (in somewhere like Powys you could well have) and you’re budgeting for tyres, service, car tax, maybe a loan for the car it’s probably not far off.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 19:53]
£32,000 per year on 19:47 - Jan 22 with 545 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 19:14 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

No family allowance ?

I think Builth has been quite conservative with his figures but yes, child benefit would help.

Of course, this government limited it to two children maximum in their usual thoughtful way.
Login to get fewer ads

£32,000 per year on 19:58 - Jan 22 with 533 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 19:47 - Jan 22 by Gwyn737

I think Builth has been quite conservative with his figures but yes, child benefit would help.

Of course, this government limited it to two children maximum in their usual thoughtful way.

You think so, I know a lot of people earning around £32,000, some less, and none of them use a food bank.

Hello

£32,000 per year on 20:23 - Jan 22 with 516 viewsBryanSwan

£32,000 per year on 14:26 - Jan 22 by CountyJim

We could start a building program and use apprenticeship training included for all the building trades

It would all have to be done in house though, I don't think anyone could trust an apprentice built Persimmon home. They are pretty shoddy as it is with qualified tradespeople.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

£32,000 per year on 20:23 - Jan 22 with 516 viewsDr_Winston

£32,000 per year on 19:32 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

It's my personal beliefe that mortgages are alread ya rip off that are badly in need of more regulation.

When you take out a bank loan you get a fixed interest rate. The bank may have borrowed the money themselves at a fixed rate. Then you get a mortgage and you can get a short fixed rate but then the variable happens and it can murder peoples finances.

This is the lefty in me but there should be a natinal bank that offers fixed rate mortgages for the term of the loan. Profit isn't a dirty word but greed is. Banks are greedy.

Just like I believe our utilities should be nationalised and the profits used to keep taxes down, mortgages should also be a tool to make our lives better.

That's assuming a utility company owned by the state would be profitable. It could be, as long as the state remained effectively a silent partner and allowed it to be run as if it were a private company.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£32,000 per year on 20:24 - Jan 22 with 514 viewsbuilthjack

£32,000 per year on 19:27 - Jan 22 by raynor94

350 on energy and the car one far more suprised

It’s adds up to £250 a month .. energy.
You dont Think it costs £10 a day to run a car?

Family allowance, might just about pay for the school dinners, if the kids take sarnies on a Friday.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 20:28]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

£32,000 per year on 20:30 - Jan 22 with 492 viewsbuilthjack

£32,000 per year on 19:46 - Jan 22 by majorraglan

I’d say the £350 a month gas an electric is on the high side, unless the property is extremely energy inefficient. That’s said, I’d have added a few other things like broadband/internet as I see that as an essential these days, telephone, house/contents insurance should also be up there.

In terms of car, that seems a bit high, but if you’ve got a fair commute (in somewhere like Powys you could well have) and you’re budgeting for tyres, service, car tax, maybe a loan for the car it’s probably not far off.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 19:53]

The car is based on £10 a day to cover everything. That’s far too low.
I haven’t included anything like internet, tv, phone, etc etc.

£32,000 per year on 20:31 - Jan 22 with 491 viewsDr_Winston

Costs considerably less than £10 a day to run my car. Even if my fuel doubled it wouldn't be that much.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

£32,000 per year on 20:31 - Jan 22 with 490 viewsSullutaCreturned

£32,000 per year on 20:23 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

That's assuming a utility company owned by the state would be profitable. It could be, as long as the state remained effectively a silent partner and allowed it to be run as if it were a private company.

Well if the billions in profits were going to the state instead of already very rich shareholders the government could keep taxes down AND give pay rises.

How much profit do banks make off mortgages, imagine all that profit ploughed into infrastructure and into building more affordable housing.

You could be forgiven for thinking that running publci services so badly was a handy excuse for privatising things so the true potential profits could be handed over on a plate to the friends of politicians whose reward was a 3 day a month job on 500k per year when they left politics.

Think George '7 jobs' Osborne.
£32,000 per year on 20:32 - Jan 22 with 490 viewsbuilthjack

£32,000 per year on 20:31 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

Costs considerably less than £10 a day to run my car. Even if my fuel doubled it wouldn't be that much.

Purchasing costs? How much would that be per day?
It costs me a tenner a day just in fuel costs to get to work.

£32,000 per year on 20:39 - Jan 22 with 481 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 19:58 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

You think so, I know a lot of people earning around £32,000, some less, and none of them use a food bank.

Same here. But nobody’s saying all people earning 32k need to use a food bank.
£32,000 per year on 20:43 - Jan 22 with 479 viewsDr_Winston

£32,000 per year on 20:31 - Jan 22 by SullutaCreturned

Well if the billions in profits were going to the state instead of already very rich shareholders the government could keep taxes down AND give pay rises.

How much profit do banks make off mortgages, imagine all that profit ploughed into infrastructure and into building more affordable housing.

You could be forgiven for thinking that running publci services so badly was a handy excuse for privatising things so the true potential profits could be handed over on a plate to the friends of politicians whose reward was a 3 day a month job on 500k per year when they left politics.

Think George '7 jobs' Osborne.

Again, it needs to be pointed out that "very rich shareholders" are mostly investment companies managing the savings of ordinary people or pension funds.

I can remember at the height of the outrage about British Gas profits and the whole Cedric Brown thing, someone actually looked at who the shareholders actually were and the single biggest was the British Gas workers pension fund.

It's a very good thing for the economy and anyone with a private pension if companies, including banks, do well and pay dividends to shareholders.

£32,000 per year on 21:11 - Jan 22 with 449 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 20:39 - Jan 22 by Gwyn737

Same here. But nobody’s saying all people earning 32k need to use a food bank.

So it's only the ones on £32,000, that are unable to manage their budget according to their income ?

Hello

£32,000 per year on 21:18 - Jan 22 with 446 viewsGwyn737

£32,000 per year on 21:11 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

So it's only the ones on £32,000, that are unable to manage their budget according to their income ?

No.

it’s only the ones in particular circumstances which are predominantly led by relationship/family status, housing costs/location and age/number of children.
£32,000 per year on 21:26 - Jan 22 with 435 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 21:18 - Jan 22 by Gwyn737

No.

it’s only the ones in particular circumstances which are predominantly led by relationship/family status, housing costs/location and age/number of children.

Most people are governed by the things you mention, it's called living within your means.

Hello

£32,000 per year on 21:43 - Jan 22 with 428 viewsSirjohnalot

£32,000 per year on 21:26 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

Most people are governed by the things you mention, it's called living within your means.

Situations change.

People buy houses when they’re in a relationship with no kids,

Eg a woman could get pregnant, man could leave her, mortgage sky rockets, one income not two come in.

Nothing to do with living within means. Again, we’re looking at the wrong people.
£32,000 per year on 21:48 - Jan 22 with 412 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 21:43 - Jan 22 by Sirjohnalot

Situations change.

People buy houses when they’re in a relationship with no kids,

Eg a woman could get pregnant, man could leave her, mortgage sky rockets, one income not two come in.

Nothing to do with living within means. Again, we’re looking at the wrong people.

Of course, didn't think of that.

Hello

£32,000 per year on 21:51 - Jan 22 with 402 viewsSirjohnalot

£32,000 per year on 21:48 - Jan 22 by Flashberryjack

Of course, didn't think of that.

This is what the Gvnt want. Decent people like you blaming those using food banks as opposed to them causing the circumstances that they have to use them.
£32,000 per year on 22:05 - Jan 22 with 382 viewsFlashberryjack

£32,000 per year on 21:51 - Jan 22 by Sirjohnalot

This is what the Gvnt want. Decent people like you blaming those using food banks as opposed to them causing the circumstances that they have to use them.

I don't need the government to tell me food banks are being abused by many, I've seen it for myself, believe me.

Anyway, it's a lovely stick to beat the Tories with.

Hello

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024