Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The King's birds match thread 13:11 - Jan 21 with 18738 viewsconnell10

1-1

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The King's birds match thread on 13:20 - Jan 22 with 952 viewsNortholt_Rs

The King's birds match thread on 13:05 - Jan 22 by 89_50

Some thoughts on a (more sober) reflection of yesterday.

Dickie's best game for a while. A couple of mistakes, but largely thought he was good. So nice to see him stride forward with the ball on the occasions he did, and break the attacking line. Where has this been?

Lowe - excellent, took his goal really well. Of all of his chances, that was probably the most difficult to finish. Of course, he should have had at least one more, but he looked like our most dangerous attacking threat.

Dykes - I've given him stick before, but I can't fault the effectiveness yesterday. As part of that attacking four, he was a handful and playing alongside Lowe it looks like a promising partnership.

Tim - usual performance, some excellent touches and movement. But his quality really drops off a cliff when he's tired. Passes become underhit, tracking back stops almost entirely. I think we have to bear in mind this is a 19-year-old, who'd never played 90 mins of senior football before coming here. The intensity of the season is catching up with him big time. I'd imagine he'll be the one to drop out when Stef is fit.

Unfortunately, our real weak link was Oz, again. Like most people, I love that he's one of ours, and his attitude cannot be questioned, but his quality is very far below the standard required to be a middling Championship defender. Yes, he occasionally hits a great cross or takes on a player, but beyond that he's a body in a position. His header that turned the ball over for Swansea's equaliser was baffling, and he was chasing shadows throughout that whole move. The other players don't trust him, so will only pass when absolutely necessary. I just hope Laird's injury isn't too bad.

Oz was left totally exposed time and again as they continually went down their left wing to attack him 2 v 1 over and over again. Neither Tim nor Roberts helped him out….in fact their goal came from exactly this type of over load….just watch Tim for their goal. I’m surprised Critchley didn’t see this and react as it was so bloody obvious.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The King's birds match thread on 13:24 - Jan 22 with 928 viewsStanFan

The King's birds match thread on 13:20 - Jan 22 by Northolt_Rs

Oz was left totally exposed time and again as they continually went down their left wing to attack him 2 v 1 over and over again. Neither Tim nor Roberts helped him out….in fact their goal came from exactly this type of over load….just watch Tim for their goal. I’m surprised Critchley didn’t see this and react as it was so bloody obvious.

That's why NC brought on Albert, but it was too late. Apparently he was stripped and ready when Swansea scored.
The King's birds match thread on 13:50 - Jan 22 with 875 viewsParkRoyalR

The King's birds match thread on 13:20 - Jan 22 by Northolt_Rs

Agree and by comparison, Swansea tried to move the ball out from the back in the exact same way but through the Right Back just after their goal,

Field anticipated the move (unlike Tim who just lets play unfold first and then reacts, sometimes too late as for their goal, and this is a huge flaw in his game he has to fix otherwise he'll be chasing shadows in the Premier League) and Field sprints 20 yards in the 80+ minute and closes the channel and the pass forward, so they have to recycle back to the keeper / centre half

Its this alertness and desire that is the difference between seeing games out and conceding late goals.
The King's birds match thread on 14:10 - Jan 22 with 852 viewsNortholt_Rs

The King's birds match thread on 13:24 - Jan 22 by StanFan

That's why NC brought on Albert, but it was too late. Apparently he was stripped and ready when Swansea scored.

He should’ve made that change way sooner….it was bleeding obvious we were in trouble down their left wing/our right. Two points dropped from a game we should’ve won comfortably.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The King's birds match thread on 16:44 - Jan 22 with 746 viewsPinnerPaul

The King's birds match thread on 23:16 - Jan 21 by Damo1962

I said we were better with Dykes on. Why did he go off anyway?

Ill
The King's birds match thread on 17:04 - Jan 22 with 711 viewsPinnerPaul

I hope that Brian saw on screen a classic Manning urgh mooment.

Went down clutching his face, stayed down, still clutching his face, he looked up, noticed Swansea still had the ball and were attacking, so jumped up and carried on.

Another urgh moment you might missed if watching on screen, tried a wall pass with the erm ...wall of SB Bowles stand and failed and had to go and pick up the ball, tbf, even he laughed at himself for that one.

Still has to be worth one final Urrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
The King's birds match thread on 19:39 - Jan 22 with 642 viewsBoston

Did they allow Swansea's goal because their three players who were offside weren't interfering with play?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The King's birds match thread on 11:13 - Jan 24 with 471 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The King's birds match thread on 17:04 - Jan 22 by PinnerPaul

I hope that Brian saw on screen a classic Manning urgh mooment.

Went down clutching his face, stayed down, still clutching his face, he looked up, noticed Swansea still had the ball and were attacking, so jumped up and carried on.

Another urgh moment you might missed if watching on screen, tried a wall pass with the erm ...wall of SB Bowles stand and failed and had to go and pick up the ball, tbf, even he laughed at himself for that one.

Still has to be worth one final Urrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I saw the first one, missed the second.

He's becoming his own tribute act, that lad.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

The King's birds match thread on 14:35 - Jan 24 with 382 viewsPinnerPaul

The King's birds match thread on 19:39 - Jan 22 by Boston

Did they allow Swansea's goal because their three players who were offside weren't interfering with play?

Shot from outside the area goes straight in the corner, no one near Seny, can't see interfering there - sorry!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024