Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Patience in letting Heston work 10:45 - Jan 31 with 6626 viewsstantheman10

Having read numerous threads about how crap we are at the moment and the dire financial situation we are in it's obvious that the soap opera that was Mickey Bile has seriously disrupted the clubs plans for this season which was, I believe, a last hurrah at gaining promotion. With that now almost dead and buried I peronally am going to adopt a bit of patience with the club and await the hopefully positive results that Heston will bring. Obviously with the outlay for building it this is the clubs back up plan to not reaching the 'best league in the world' (Sky Sports tm) to make us sustainable in the future. If that means I have to put up with us being a lowly Championship side flirting with (and maybe succumbing to) League 1 for 5 years or so then so be it. Surely that's more acceptable than non existence.
Patience in letting Heston work on 10:58 - Jan 31 with 5115 viewsolderR

Logical thinking?
It will never catch on.
Patience in letting Heston work on 11:01 - Jan 31 with 5099 viewsEsox_Lucius

That's where I am with the club atm. Movement on a new stadium may change the perspective a little but treading water seems to our future for a while.

The grass is always greener.

Patience in letting Heston work on 11:21 - Jan 31 with 5003 viewsNortholt_Rs

But that’s what we’ve supposedly been doing for the last 8 years under the DOF. In that time we’ve finished 12, 18, 16, 19, 13, 9, 11 and we are currently 14th. At what point do things change?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Patience in letting Heston work on 11:33 - Jan 31 with 4970 viewsWokingR

Patience in letting Heston work on 11:21 - Jan 31 by Northolt_Rs

But that’s what we’ve supposedly been doing for the last 8 years under the DOF. In that time we’ve finished 12, 18, 16, 19, 13, 9, 11 and we are currently 14th. At what point do things change?

We know what we are
We know what we are
16th position
We know what we are
Patience in letting Heston work on 11:39 - Jan 31 with 4939 viewsstantheman10

We didn't have Heston 8 years ago
Patience in letting Heston work on 11:49 - Jan 31 with 4876 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The problem with seeing Heston as a panacea for all our problems is it absolves people of responsibility for their failings. For example, why are we so consistently crap at set pieces? Why aren't players pushing on and improving? Surely if we have 'super coaches' (as we keep being told) then these things get rectified quickly, whether that's at a flash training complex or down the local rec.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:00 - Jan 31 with 4867 viewsJuzzie

The players spend a few hours each fortnight at Loftus Road whereas they spend 30 hours or so each week at the training ground and having to train somewhere like Harlington (or previous places which were worse) with those facilities (the poor darlings) was never good so having a brand new state of the art training ground I'm sure will attract good players.
I'm sure they'll 'cope' with having to play at Loftus Road every now and then.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:24 - Jan 31 with 4756 viewsrobith

I'm remarkably sanguine about where we are. I'd love us to be better, but my personal belief is that our level of the pyramid is on the verge of cracking completely. I'm ok with treading water because it means we might still be swimming in 5 years when I think a lot of others will have drowned
Login to get fewer ads

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:25 - Jan 31 with 4748 viewsstanistheman

Too bloody true.

Has anyone question why not one schoolboy player has progressed through to the 1st team squad player over the last 7 seasons or so.?

How long have the likes of Ramsey, Hall, Furlong and Impey under the DoF been working on bringing these kids through?

I have seen a number of other clubs players making their Championship debuts during this timeframe, yet very few, if any, for QPR
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 4710 viewsBushRanger82

A training ground, is just a training ground.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:41 - Jan 31 with 4660 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is a nice post to read, because over at the other place there are people posting screenshots of and bragging about abusing Jimmy Dunne.

[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 12:47]
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 4635 viewsMonkey_Roots

Patience in letting Heston work on 12:41 - Jan 31 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is a nice post to read, because over at the other place there are people posting screenshots of and bragging about abusing Jimmy Dunne.

I saw that.

Whether you rate him or not, which he and some others clearly don't judging by their posts on there, he's always worked his socks off.

It's just silly little boys, showing their mates that they're hard.

Tragic.
Patience in letting Heston work on 12:47 - Jan 31 with 4623 viewsTheChef

What is this 'other place'?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Patience in letting Heston work on 13:27 - Jan 31 with 4496 viewscheesy

Its a good post that I agree with.
But we must stick to a plan. Every season the club say that this is how we are going to work in future. Youth and due diligence on every player, then come the transfer window that goes out the window. Its a long process but we have to stick with it to move forward.
Patience in letting Heston work on 13:41 - Jan 31 with 4438 viewsjohnhoop

And there was me thinking that this thread was all about the club hiring a celebrity chef to see if eating gourmet food improved the player’s’ performance.
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:13 - Jan 31 with 4140 viewsrobith

QPR's twitter fan base has always had a high sock puppet quotient, but a load of accounts suddenly abusing the players and demanding the board sell is super suss for me.

I mean first thing, you can only sell something somebody wants. But I not hugely clear on what new owners would actually practically achieve
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:21 - Jan 31 with 4083 viewsngbqpr

When we've finally buried the ghost of FFP and the financial f**k ups of the few seasons before the ones you list.

We've got Heston. We've halved or more the wage bill during that period while staying in a division where our current position based on said wage bill is...but of course...16th.

For every Brighton / Brentford / Luton comparison, there's a Pompey, Bolton, Sheff Weds, Derby, Ipswich...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:30 - Jan 31 with 4027 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:13 - Jan 31 by robith

QPR's twitter fan base has always had a high sock puppet quotient, but a load of accounts suddenly abusing the players and demanding the board sell is super suss for me.

I mean first thing, you can only sell something somebody wants. But I not hugely clear on what new owners would actually practically achieve

Are they fans of other clubs or the same thing we have on here?
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:34 - Jan 31 with 4005 viewsconnell10

Gonna be hard to get people to renew on the promise things might get better in 5 years time! That's a hard sell mate.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:48 - Jan 31 with 3952 viewsEsox_Lucius

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:34 - Jan 31 by connell10

Gonna be hard to get people to renew on the promise things might get better in 5 years time! That's a hard sell mate.

I renew because they are my team. Since I began we have gone through three boom and bust cycles so I am not despairing as others are. If we were guaranteed to stay in the Championship throughout this period, I'd take it. The club need the money, but I really didn't enjoy our last two visits to the EPL on many occasions.

The grass is always greener.

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:51 - Jan 31 with 3947 viewsswisscottage

Patient QPR Fan is an Oxymoron isn't it ?
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:53 - Jan 31 with 3945 viewsconnell10

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:48 - Jan 31 by Esox_Lucius

I renew because they are my team. Since I began we have gone through three boom and bust cycles so I am not despairing as others are. If we were guaranteed to stay in the Championship throughout this period, I'd take it. The club need the money, but I really didn't enjoy our last two visits to the EPL on many occasions.

I'm pleased for ya, as for me I'm on the verge of jacking it in and doing something less frustrating with my time. As I say this is a hard sell.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Patience in letting Heston work on 15:56 - Jan 31 with 3922 viewsRangersw12

Why should we accept mediocrity when clubs with smaller budgets Luton & Millwall to name two are performing better?
Patience in letting Heston work on 15:57 - Jan 31 with 3925 viewsrobith

I don't run the club, it's not my job to sell anything. Just sharing my thoughts on the medium term future of championship football
Patience in letting Heston work on 16:03 - Jan 31 with 3903 viewsstantheman10

It might be a hard sell but in my eyes it's the only way we'll survive saving a change in the rules to FFP or whatever its called now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024