Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? 17:22 - Feb 11 with 23955 viewsNorthantsHoop

Wrong manager, this is not working, trouble is we lumbered ourselves with a 3 year contract and his coaching team.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:01]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:31 - Feb 11 with 2731 viewsessextaxiboy

We have to give him time , we can’t afford not to . If we sack him we have to pay him and his coaches up , whilst employing another coach and staff who may or may not get us going again . All we can do is get behind him , hope we stay up and let him build a team for next season .
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:36 - Feb 11 with 2686 viewsRangersw12

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:31 - Feb 11 by essextaxiboy

We have to give him time , we can’t afford not to . If we sack him we have to pay him and his coaches up , whilst employing another coach and staff who may or may not get us going again . All we can do is get behind him , hope we stay up and let him build a team for next season .

I'm not usually one to want the manger out as I do get the restrictions but this just seems like Paul Hart all over again

Would you really trust NC to build something in the summer ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:37]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 2604 viewsconnell10

I'm still waiting for Baz to explain what us mere mortals don't get ? Must be great being a super fan looking down on us fu ckwit plebs!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:47 - Feb 11 with 2602 viewsBillericayR

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:36 - Feb 11 by Rangersw12

I'm not usually one to want the manger out as I do get the restrictions but this just seems like Paul Hart all over again

Would you really trust NC to build something in the summer ?
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 18:37]

Critchley does nothing for me in his interviews.

But we lost several experienced players in the summer who were replaced by Beale (The Rat) with wonderful young loanees.

However, apart from Laird, where are they? It seems one game played and take the rest of the month off. What about Richards? Why cant we send them back? Are they costing us a fortune for nothing?

Lowe and Martin seem bulk standard Championship signings who just might score enough goals to keep us up.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:15 - Feb 11 with 2476 viewsHOOPNO7

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 17:45 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Les is right, people don’t get it.

What is Les right about? He is major part of the problem, he has had 8 years and we are struggling to stay mid table in the championship. He got the job as DOF with zero experience/success and brings in his chums from spurs as coaches. Until we get a proven DOF this club will carry on declining
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:16]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:20 - Feb 11 with 2438 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You can’t sack Critchley without breaching FFP was my point you delicate flowers. Didn’t answer sooner because I was travelling home from the game.

I was quoting Les on the podcast, in reference to calling for managers heads and signing strikers. It costs money in compensation.

It also costs money to sign employed managers such as current in vogue Ainsworth.

It’s a salary related expense and nowadays they take points not pounds.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:25]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:21 - Feb 11 with 2435 viewsNortholt_Rs

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 18:47 - Feb 11 by BillericayR

Critchley does nothing for me in his interviews.

But we lost several experienced players in the summer who were replaced by Beale (The Rat) with wonderful young loanees.

However, apart from Laird, where are they? It seems one game played and take the rest of the month off. What about Richards? Why cant we send them back? Are they costing us a fortune for nothing?

Lowe and Martin seem bulk standard Championship signings who just might score enough goals to keep us up.

Laird…..watch both of the Millwall goals.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:30 - Feb 11 with 2392 viewsHOOPNO7

Laird at fault for both of their goals, looks like he can't wait for the end of the season to come soon enough.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:39 - Feb 11 with 2296 viewsNorthantsHoop

Get that Liam Richardson in, the ex Wigan boss, seems to know his stuff and communicates well, we need someone who might show some sense of interest in QPR. Was unlucky to get the boot from Wigan in November.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:43 - Feb 11 with 2260 viewsJigsore

This has nothing to do with anything really, and i'm not casting any sweeping judgements on the manager because I think a lot of these players are done and we'll find out precious little else this season but

Do you remember when Terry Connor was briefly in charge of Wolves before they got relegated from the PL? And every time he was interviewed he looked like he was about to burst into tears?

edit: actually watching the rest of it he could also just be inwardly furious
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:45]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:45 - Feb 11 with 2234 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:15 - Feb 11 by HOOPNO7

What is Les right about? He is major part of the problem, he has had 8 years and we are struggling to stay mid table in the championship. He got the job as DOF with zero experience/success and brings in his chums from spurs as coaches. Until we get a proven DOF this club will carry on declining
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:16]

We can argue all day about Les Ferdinand’s value to the club (and we do) but FFP is a fact written in black and white. He is correct. Fans calling for Critchley’s head are also calling for a likely FFP breach.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:46 - Feb 11 with 2225 viewssimmo

Don't suppose there's such thing as a probation period when it comes to football managers?

I jest, but it feels like half the fanbase will never take to him anyway and the other half - which I admit I'm in - hope in time he can play a part in sorting us out, mainly because he's here now and that's that...

Whatever side you're on, he's way down the list in terms of fault - we were a bin fire long before he rocked up, it just happens to be that he's wearing very flammable clothes.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:53]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:47 - Feb 11 with 2210 viewsNortholt_Rs

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:43 - Feb 11 by Jigsore

This has nothing to do with anything really, and i'm not casting any sweeping judgements on the manager because I think a lot of these players are done and we'll find out precious little else this season but

Do you remember when Terry Connor was briefly in charge of Wolves before they got relegated from the PL? And every time he was interviewed he looked like he was about to burst into tears?

Looks and sounds like a man who knows he’s totally out of his depth.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:47]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:51 - Feb 11 with 2174 viewsRangersw12

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:45 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

We can argue all day about Les Ferdinand’s value to the club (and we do) but FFP is a fact written in black and white. He is correct. Fans calling for Critchley’s head are also calling for a likely FFP breach.

Hoos said on the Pod we're within the budget and let's not forget we also received bonuses like Chair & Seny WC money and the PBBC pay off so no guarantee we will breach it if we sack NC

At the moment it seems we're sleep walking to relegation which would be the end of the club IMO
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:51 - Feb 11 with 2172 viewsParkRoyalR

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:21 - Feb 11 by Northolt_Rs

Laird…..watch both of the Millwall goals.

Laird was attacking when we lost possession for the 1st goal,

Hate to call him out but watch Dickie, he has to cover Laird and has one man to mark, Watmore, instead inexplicably steps to his left rather than to his right which would have opened up his body and made the pass to Watmore much more difficult,

This for me is a real example of why Dickie is better in a 3 than a 2, too often gets caught square-on like Onuoha did, but unlike Ned doesn't have the pace to dig himself out of these mistakes.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:52 - Feb 11 with 2174 viewsBillericayR

Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:47 - Feb 11 by Northolt_Rs

Looks and sounds like a man who knows he’s totally out of his depth.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 19:47]

No, I think he has it sussed. We have to be better in both boxes and stop having moments,
whatever that means.

He will be an expert analyst on the EFL show soon.
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:54 - Feb 11 with 2159 viewsconnell10

Dead man walking

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:02 - Feb 11 with 2106 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:45 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

FFP is a cop out used to disguise failure as pretty much every other team in the division is under the same constraints (including today's opponents who are in the play-off spots with pretty much the same budget).

Yes the club can't afford to breach FFP but this is all the more reason for Les and the rest of the board to do their jobs properly by providing a production line of young talent (per the remit Les was given 8 years ago), and ensure that they get the big decisions right (like who to hire as first team coach and implementing a Cat1 academy).
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:38]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:10 - Feb 11 with 2057 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 19:51 - Feb 11 by Rangersw12

Hoos said on the Pod we're within the budget and let's not forget we also received bonuses like Chair & Seny WC money and the PBBC pay off so no guarantee we will breach it if we sack NC

At the moment it seems we're sleep walking to relegation which would be the end of the club IMO

Assuming Beale’s release clause is the standard for compensation, do you think if we had £1.2m (2x £600k for a manager in and for a manager out) to spend we would have not signed a striker in January?

Also, as traumatic as it is, relegation will not end the club. Three teams do it every season and are fine.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:23]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:11 - Feb 11 with 2051 viewsJigsore

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:02 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

FFP is a cop out used to disguise failure as pretty much every other team in the division is under the same constraints (including today's opponents who are in the play-off spots with pretty much the same budget).

Yes the club can't afford to breach FFP but this is all the more reason for Les and the rest of the board to do their jobs properly by providing a production line of young talent (per the remit Les was given 8 years ago), and ensure that they get the big decisions right (like who to hire as first team coach and implementing a Cat1 academy).

the only thing i'd say otherwise, because I agree all of us bar the recent ex-PL clubs are playing by these rules, is that is does seem uniquely QPR other clubs have head room to buy because they f*cking somehow sell Harry Soutarr for £15m+ or Antoine Semenyo for £10m (???) while no one was interested in our stars even after months of good form.

Maybe their underlying figures aren't good but this seems to happen a lot

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:12 - Feb 11 with 2035 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:02 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

FFP is a cop out is 2023’s we’re sick of experts isn’t it.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:21 - Feb 11 with 1988 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:12 - Feb 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

FFP is a cop out is 2023’s we’re sick of experts isn’t it.

Yes, I am tired of the self-styled experts trotting out FFP to hide failure. FFP is nothing new; it exists for all clubs and impacts all but a few. Some are just managing it better than others.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:46]
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:36 - Feb 11 with 1925 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:11 - Feb 11 by Jigsore

the only thing i'd say otherwise, because I agree all of us bar the recent ex-PL clubs are playing by these rules, is that is does seem uniquely QPR other clubs have head room to buy because they f*cking somehow sell Harry Soutarr for £15m+ or Antoine Semenyo for £10m (???) while no one was interested in our stars even after months of good form.

Maybe their underlying figures aren't good but this seems to happen a lot

That's not saying otherwise, that's agreeing with my point. As you say, other clubs are managing to create FFP headroom by developing players and selling them on for profit. With the exception of Eze, QPR are not, despite the mission statement of "buy low, sell high". This is why criticism of the DoF is merited. He shouldn't be allowed to hide behind FFP when it's his job to put mechanisms in place that create this headroom.
Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:43 - Feb 11 with 1877 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Crithley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:21 - Feb 11 by Benny_the_Ball

Yes, I am tired of the self-styled experts trotting out FFP to hide failure. FFP is nothing new; it exists for all clubs and impacts all but a few. Some are just managing it better than others.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:46]

You are literally arguing with legislation. It’s not an opinion, or point of view. You can’t shout it down, wish it away, or reason with it. QPR are on the brink of a breach. It’s not up for debate.

The League have said it
The Club have said it
Independent analysts have said it.

There are 10,000 threads on this forum about it.

But you know best. I’m not wrestling with pigs anymore.

I see you’ve edited your response.
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:49]
Critchley Not Doing It Is He? on 20:47 - Feb 11 with 1851 viewsdistortR

looking at it from his point of view - had a good thing going at Blackpool, but seemingly realised they had peaked, so jumped to villa with gerrard, hoping to get a managerial job in that division at some stage. That was a bad move, leaves with gerrard, then our job comes up. A bit make or break for him, see's the talent in the squad, but finds physically and mentally weak players, disinterested players, no money, no desire. Can't turn it/them round, QPR and his stock plunging together.
Probably rueing his decision to come here as much as some of you lot are!
[Post edited 11 Feb 2023 20:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024