Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Critchley going, going... 09:16 - Feb 15 with 15855 viewsEastR

He's going to be gone imminently.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Critchley going, going... on 13:15 - Feb 17 with 2098 viewsRokerite

I know everything is short-term these days but I'm shocked that Critchley's job is under threat already. It is less than ten weeks since he was appointed. I spent quite a lot of time on this board before he got the job. I advocated him, as did most it seemed.
It is inarguable that results under Critchley have been dreadful and I imagine it's been no fun for QPR supporters having to watch it. But Critchley isn't a novice taking his first steps in management. He proved his strengths at Blackpool, not only winning promotion but achieving the equally difficult task of keeping The Seasiders in The Championship.
The wheels were already coming loose before Beale departed but I grant they're practically off now. However I think it would be a massive mistake to sack Critchley so soon. I remain convinced he is the right man but he needs time; time which many might say QPR haven't got. Given time I believe he could become one of your finest and more successful managers.
Critchley going, going... on 13:21 - Feb 17 with 2029 viewsWestbourneR

Critchley going, going... on 13:15 - Feb 17 by Rokerite

I know everything is short-term these days but I'm shocked that Critchley's job is under threat already. It is less than ten weeks since he was appointed. I spent quite a lot of time on this board before he got the job. I advocated him, as did most it seemed.
It is inarguable that results under Critchley have been dreadful and I imagine it's been no fun for QPR supporters having to watch it. But Critchley isn't a novice taking his first steps in management. He proved his strengths at Blackpool, not only winning promotion but achieving the equally difficult task of keeping The Seasiders in The Championship.
The wheels were already coming loose before Beale departed but I grant they're practically off now. However I think it would be a massive mistake to sack Critchley so soon. I remain convinced he is the right man but he needs time; time which many might say QPR haven't got. Given time I believe he could become one of your finest and more successful managers.

Might of thought the same but then I went to the games...

Whatever his strengths the players aren't interested and he has nothing in the locker to lift them.

Sometimes you just know it isn't right and Neil Critchley and QPR isn't right.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Critchley going, going... on 13:41 - Feb 17 with 1887 viewsgazza1

Critchley going, going... on 13:15 - Feb 17 by Rokerite

Good chat......i do not think he will be replaced (yet) either.

How did you think we played on Tuesday?? Did you think that you were 3 goals better than us??
Critchley going, going... on 13:44 - Feb 17 with 1887 viewsDannyPaddox

Thanks for the post Rokerite and good luck to Sunderland for the rest of the season. I get all what your saying. If I was looking at QPR from a far and neutral perspective, I’d think it was madness for another manager change at this point. I also don’t chime with some of the sentiment on here which sounds very similar to the self-entitled whining of a Manchester United or Arsenal fan. But … and here’s the big but … after watching football for decades I trust more and more my gut instinct. Critchley’s body language during a game is so ineffectual and uninspiring. The wan look in his eyes during a post-match talk. And maybe I obsess too much about not leaving players in attacking positions when defending a corner. I’m not one to call for the head of a manger. I wanted Warburton to be given more time. For the sake of stability I even wanted McLaren to be given more time - I was probably a lone voice there. But Critchley, damn I don’t know, he’s not the cause of the problems but right now he’s certainly not the answer.
Critchley going, going... on 14:01 - Feb 17 with 1798 viewsdsw2509

I date our decline to the night Gerry Francis resigned.
Critchley going, going... on 14:03 - Feb 17 with 1777 viewsPinnerPaul

Critchley going, going... on 13:44 - Feb 17 by DannyPaddox

Thanks for the post Rokerite and good luck to Sunderland for the rest of the season. I get all what your saying. If I was looking at QPR from a far and neutral perspective, I’d think it was madness for another manager change at this point. I also don’t chime with some of the sentiment on here which sounds very similar to the self-entitled whining of a Manchester United or Arsenal fan. But … and here’s the big but … after watching football for decades I trust more and more my gut instinct. Critchley’s body language during a game is so ineffectual and uninspiring. The wan look in his eyes during a post-match talk. And maybe I obsess too much about not leaving players in attacking positions when defending a corner. I’m not one to call for the head of a manger. I wanted Warburton to be given more time. For the sake of stability I even wanted McLaren to be given more time - I was probably a lone voice there. But Critchley, damn I don’t know, he’s not the cause of the problems but right now he’s certainly not the answer.

That last sentence is very perceptive - sums it up nicely for me.
Critchley going, going... on 15:13 - Feb 17 with 1656 viewsRokerite

Critchley going, going... on 13:41 - Feb 17 by gazza1

Good chat......i do not think he will be replaced (yet) either.

How did you think we played on Tuesday?? Did you think that you were 3 goals better than us??

I didn't watch the match and haven't even seen the goals yet. I've recorded The EFL Show so I'll see them later.
Of course although I'm a Sunderland supporter I've got money on QPR this season. I've backed you to finish in the top six and in the top half. A few weeks into the season I was regretting not backing you for promotion; that seems a long time ago. I think I can safely write my money off although a top half finish isn't impossible just highly unlikely. I appreciate being in the top twenty-one at 5pm on 8th May sounds fine to you right now.
Good Luck!
Critchley going, going... on 23:31 - Feb 17 with 1367 viewsCiderwithRsie

Critchley going, going... on 13:44 - Feb 17 by DannyPaddox

Good post, Danny.

I'm reluctant to say much as I've not been to matches but there's a problem with your last sentence. Just because Critchley doesn't look like the answer doesn't mean anyone else is. Firstly, we don't know who we'd get, and people ought to have a think about just how attractive the manager's job here is right now.

When we were top of the league, Beale wanted out, even though Glasgow Rangers isn't that great an offer. Let's think about what that says about the appeal of managing QPR to an ambitious manager who knew a bit about the place, and who put his own interests first.

Secondly, you've got to take a good hard look at the players and the character on display. Then remember that the transfer window's shut and when it opens again we're right up against FFP restrictions without a big sale, and the players we'd have seen as potential sales last year (Dickie, Dieng, Chair, Willock) are probably worth less now. No real sign that Warburton was wrong about potential in the youth team either.

Which leaves us with a poor squad, no money, and a manager who'd probably do OK in another club but looks like he doesn't believe in his own ability to turn things round. And a disenchanted fan base.

Maybe Ainsworth might be persuaded to come here on emotion, and maybe he'd lift morale. But I think things could get a lot worse TBH.
Login to get fewer ads

Critchley going, going... on 18:56 - Feb 19 with 1013 viewsEastR

Took a few days longer than anticipated. I understood before Sunderland he was given the two games this week to get a result but Tues was so poor it was to be brought forward.
Gone now comp up to 18 months not full 3 year contract

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Critchley going, going... on 19:08 - Feb 19 with 901 viewsRuislipHoop

Wot a shit show this club is,how LF is still in the job heavens only knows
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024