Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 10:26 - Feb 16 with 5562 viewsstowmarketrange

Just back from an entertaining day at the Bay Oval watching bazball close up.We scored really quickly,although some of the wickets lost were pretty poor shot selection,especially by Root,but we’ve got the Kiwis on the ropes at the minute.Another couple of early wickets tomorrow will help.
I was the only one stupid enough to be wearing a qpr shirt,although there was a Reading fan wearing his fake hooped shirt.

I’d forgotten how hot it can get watching cricket,as it’s meant to be a summer sport.But it got chilly about 6pm,and a lot of people had jumpers with them for the evening session.But day/night games in a one horse town like Tauranga wasn’t the best decision by the NZ cricket board.It might’ve worked in a city but not here.There’s only one club in the whole area,so a lot of fans decided to head off early..
I can’t see it lasting more than 4 days.
Cricket on 08:51 - Feb 20 with 1563 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket on 21:17 - Feb 19 by Damo1962

The change has been incredible all right. For once in a long time - I won't be watching The Ashes from behind the couch😉

I wish the ECB could take the same approach that New Zealand have though with ticket prices.NZ$90 for a 5 day pass for each test.About £46 for a whole test match,not £120 a day like lords or the oval.I know it’s only a grass bank rather than a proper seat,but you don’t have to keep fleecing the fans who want to go and see test cricket.
Cricket on 08:59 - Feb 20 with 1539 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cricket on 08:51 - Feb 20 by stowmarketrange

I wish the ECB could take the same approach that New Zealand have though with ticket prices.NZ$90 for a 5 day pass for each test.About £46 for a whole test match,not £120 a day like lords or the oval.I know it’s only a grass bank rather than a proper seat,but you don’t have to keep fleecing the fans who want to go and see test cricket.

Fully agree with that, but it's not just the Ecb who rip us off. We pay a fortune for sports tickets in the UK, whereas in many other parts of the world they pay a fraction of what we pay. I'm not sure why that is, but presume it can only be that sports grounds in other countries would be empty if they tried to charge what we get charged (I don't think the people in other countries have the same ideas about 'loyalty' and 'following their team' as we do in the UK, and they'd be perfectly happy simply not attending if the tickets are expensive)
Cricket on 09:43 - Feb 20 with 1508 viewsderbyhoop

Not just sports but concerts as well.

I saw tickets for a French Ligue 1 game being advertised at 12€.

We're off to see Springsteen in Paris in May. 139€ in UK that would be £180+

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Cricket on 09:53 - Feb 20 with 1497 viewstoboboly

Cricket on 09:43 - Feb 20 by derbyhoop

Not just sports but concerts as well.

I saw tickets for a French Ligue 1 game being advertised at 12€.

We're off to see Springsteen in Paris in May. 139€ in UK that would be £180+

Gig tickets atm are a different level since the pandemic.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cricket on 11:24 - Feb 20 with 1441 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cricket on 02:48 - Feb 19 by FredManRave

So, you're potentially comparing us to Kevin Keegan's Newcastle and at the least talking about "fun at football".

Move away from the Cider.

Never!

If you can manage to support QPR without the aid of alcohol then you're a better man than me. Frankly considering moving on to a full Brompton Cocktail.
Cricket on 06:25 - Feb 24 with 1343 viewsHoopstar

Harry Brook truly looking every inch a generational talent out there - absolutely sublime. Haven't seen a natural hitter of his talent in a long time which is backed up by his excellent technique,

Still only six games into his test career but it's hard not to think we're watching the early days of one of the greats of the English game here - he made an absolute mockery of that green pitch coming in at 21-3.

The future looks bright!
Cricket on 07:34 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewsBlackCrowe

Cricket on 06:25 - Feb 24 by Hoopstar

Harry Brook truly looking every inch a generational talent out there - absolutely sublime. Haven't seen a natural hitter of his talent in a long time which is backed up by his excellent technique,

Still only six games into his test career but it's hard not to think we're watching the early days of one of the greats of the English game here - he made an absolute mockery of that green pitch coming in at 21-3.

The future looks bright!

His technique is sublime.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket on 07:51 - Feb 24 with 1257 viewsDWQPR

When I switched on last night I thought that someone had just placed two sets of stumps in the middle of the outfield, never seen a pitch so green, so was not surprised to see England drop to 21-3, and then seeing Root survive a first ball LBW review didn’t bode well for the rest of the day and thinking that this match would be lucky to last halfway through the third day. But what do I know. Two changeless centuries later, a run rate only just shy of 5 an over and only the rain stopping England posting a first day score in excess of 450! Truly amazing.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket on 08:29 - Feb 24 with 1225 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket on 07:51 - Feb 24 by DWQPR

When I switched on last night I thought that someone had just placed two sets of stumps in the middle of the outfield, never seen a pitch so green, so was not surprised to see England drop to 21-3, and then seeing Root survive a first ball LBW review didn’t bode well for the rest of the day and thinking that this match would be lucky to last halfway through the third day. But what do I know. Two changeless centuries later, a run rate only just shy of 5 an over and only the rain stopping England posting a first day score in excess of 450! Truly amazing.

What a brilliant days cricket again in this series.We looked on the ropes at 21/3,but boy did they turn it around.Some of the shots played by Brook were amazing.A bit of a shame that the rain came,but it allowed to walk back to digs in Houghton Bay early and get the fish and chip supper even earlier than the last 2 nights.
Southern Blue Whiting tastes a lot like cod in case you’re wondering.

The forecast is dry for tomorrow so hopefully we’ll score a few more quick runs in the first 2 sessions,before putting them in after tea.
Cricket on 05:07 - Feb 28 with 945 viewsstowmarketrange

What a fantastic game of cricket I’ve just seen.I won’t give the game away for those who don’t know the result,but what a finish.Well done to both sets of players.
Now off for a cold shower and a beer to recover.
Cricket on 05:27 - Feb 28 with 913 viewsKiwi76

Cricket on 05:07 - Feb 28 by stowmarketrange

What a fantastic game of cricket I’ve just seen.I won’t give the game away for those who don’t know the result,but what a finish.Well done to both sets of players.
Now off for a cold shower and a beer to recover.

Unbelievable game - hope enjoyed your trip despite worst summer I’ve known in 50yrs
Cricket on 06:41 - Feb 28 with 868 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket on 05:27 - Feb 28 by Kiwi76

Unbelievable game - hope enjoyed your trip despite worst summer I’ve known in 50yrs

I certainly have mate.Two more nights in Auckland tomorrow and Thursday and a flight home via SF on Friday.What a superb country to visit,and 9 great days of cricket too.
I only wish Wellington wasn’t quite so windy though.
Thanks for the marvellous hospitality shown to us.
Cricket on 08:47 - Feb 28 with 772 viewsozranger

Cricket on 06:41 - Feb 28 by stowmarketrange

I certainly have mate.Two more nights in Auckland tomorrow and Thursday and a flight home via SF on Friday.What a superb country to visit,and 9 great days of cricket too.

You're dreaming if you think Wellington will not be windy. It is called the "Windy City" for that reason. I remember going to a rugby match at the Cake Tin between the Hurricanes and the Force and it was basically, you sat as high as you could with the wind behind you as everyone on the other three sides got soaked. I was lucky I was able to find a taxi to get back from the station as walking was not an option. Mind you, I have also worked at a Phoenix game and there was not a zephyr of wind then. Other than that, it is a nice city.

Oh, and yes, a great finish to the game.
Cricket on 09:10 - Feb 28 with 751 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cricket on 06:41 - Feb 28 by stowmarketrange

It has indeed been thoroughly enjoyable (as always with this fantastic country)

Even more good news - I'm reliably informed that the schedule for the 3 Test series next year (Nov/Dec 2024) is to be Christchurch - Wellington - Mount Manganui. Heading home to England in a few days, but will be looking forward to coming out here again in 20 months' time for that series!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024