Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Corner Flag Bar 22:30 - Feb 26 with 4355 viewsmart_Goblin

Was invited into it yesterday after the game which was the last thing I wanted to do.

My thoughts : it’s a cupboard with a lick of paint with a poor soul standing behind a 3 foot long shelf (the bar) serving drinks .

The idea , I think , is to hire it and watch the game from? 3 out of 5 windows you can’t see the whole pitch . I don’t get it at all

Maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind after what I’d just witnessed 🙈😂
The Corner Flag Bar on 22:34 - Feb 26 with 4309 viewsconnell10

Sounds shite like the rest of the club

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Corner Flag Bar on 07:15 - Feb 27 with 3981 viewsBushRanger82

That's so, so, so, QPR, though. Isn't it?
The Corner Flag Bar on 08:48 - Feb 27 with 3873 viewskingsburyR

I'm back to rant about the kiosks in the upper loft.

Christ where do they hire these people from?? The girl serving me did not have a clue what she was doing. There were three staff to cope with the wave coming down at half time. one on each till and a "fetcher".

The queue was still massive as the teams were coming back out.

The club really need to look at the catering for the fans.

I gave up on the Blue and White a year ago due to the fact standing in the queue for the whole of half time was pretty pointless.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

The Corner Flag Bar on 09:26 - Feb 27 with 3806 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Corner Flag Bar on 08:48 - Feb 27 by kingsburyR

Christ where do they hire these people from?? The girl serving me did not have a clue what she was doing. There were three staff to cope with the wave coming down at half time. one on each till and a "fetcher".

I gave up on the Blue and White a year ago due to the fact standing in the queue for the whole of half time was pretty pointless.

I go back further to a time not that long ago, where I queued for a black coffee (big spoiler here...no milk or that cocaine replica stuff was required).

The poor minimum waged youth I made my offer to, replied with this: 'Sorry, we're out of black coffee!' This was despite the fact that there were columns of paper cups with 'Nescafe Coffee' written on them and to which, I pointed.

'Oh, they have creamer in' he replied. I mean FFS!!!

I appreciate QPR probably sell the franchise for as much as they can get and leave it to the caterer - and I use the term loosely - to work it out thereafter. Hoos/QPR don't care as they have the money already in the bank to go toward nondescript loan signings.

But surely the club should also look beyond the bottom line and to the actual service the cater provides? Frankly, if QPR cannot organise a black effing coffee, why would anyone think the Corner Flag would be run with a more customer focused ethos?

You can get away with it when you are winning, but given events post-Beale, you're merely fueling the fire of rebellion in the empty bellies of the rank and file.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Corner Flag Bar on 09:43 - Feb 27 with 3731 viewspaulparker

Best one was Fulham at home last season , my mate asked for a cheeseburger which the moron behind the jump when and got only to give it to him frozen it was colder than a tax mans heart
My mate said this is cold ? the reply was “oh did you want it hot then “

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Corner Flag Bar on 11:06 - Feb 27 with 3523 viewspaulhoop2

I went to the new offering of Mac and cheese in SAR ( by a block ) the small kiosk was closed but the door ajar I looked in and the youth was on their knees praying ! Don’t worry about the queue outside !

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

The Corner Flag Bar on 11:14 - Feb 27 with 3493 viewsTacticalR

The Corner Flag Bar on 11:06 - Feb 27 by paulhoop2

I went to the new offering of Mac and cheese in SAR ( by a block ) the small kiosk was closed but the door ajar I looked in and the youth was on their knees praying ! Don’t worry about the queue outside !

Isn't prayer the club's major strategy now?

Air hostess clique

The Corner Flag Bar on 11:16 - Feb 27 with 3489 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The one I had in the Lower Loft the other week, I think it was her first day working so I cut her some slack when I was getting a tea and she was a bit confused. (the other girl gave her pointers)

Orthodox_Hoop once bought the chip cardboard thing with about 7 chips on it, gave them a £5 and walked off forgetting his change so that was about 80p a chip back in about 2008 (sorry mate)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

The Corner Flag Bar on 12:12 - Feb 27 with 3348 viewstoboboly

To the OP - my understanding was that you wouldn't watch the game from there, the previous comms mentioned it did not include a match ticket

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Corner Flag Bar on 12:24 - Feb 27 with 3288 viewsRs_Holy

The Corner Flag Bar on 09:43 - Feb 27 by paulparker

Best one was Fulham at home last season , my mate asked for a cheeseburger which the moron behind the jump when and got only to give it to him frozen it was colder than a tax mans heart
My mate said this is cold ? the reply was “oh did you want it hot then “

reminded me of this :) 1:08 ....
The Corner Flag Bar on 13:00 - Feb 27 with 3137 viewsRs_Holy

seriously tho I suppose the club are trying to give people options... You go to places like spurs or arsenal and there's all sorts of hospitality options with different price structures.

Maybe they could enhance it by getting a squad member/ex player (not playing obviously) to pop in for a chat? Maybe they could raffle a place off (£5 a ticket some of the money goes into community stuff), & maybe get your piccy done and put it in the following match program???

I don't know??? it seems like they are trying but I suppose there's very little room to do anything???
The Corner Flag Bar on 13:05 - Feb 27 with 3113 viewsHayesender

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:00 - Feb 27 by Rs_Holy

seriously tho I suppose the club are trying to give people options... You go to places like spurs or arsenal and there's all sorts of hospitality options with different price structures.

Maybe they could enhance it by getting a squad member/ex player (not playing obviously) to pop in for a chat? Maybe they could raffle a place off (£5 a ticket some of the money goes into community stuff), & maybe get your piccy done and put it in the following match program???

I don't know??? it seems like they are trying but I suppose there's very little room to do anything???

They could get a whole squad of players not playing at the moment to pop in. In fact, the amount of players phoning it in, they'd have to get a bigger room

Poll: Shamima Beghum

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:09 - Feb 27 with 3081 viewsPinnerPaul

Problem is lack of staff generally and experienced staff are non existent.

Walk past any food/drink establishment and you see adverts for staff wanted.
The Corner Flag Bar on 13:09 - Feb 27 with 3087 viewstoboboly

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:00 - Feb 27 by Rs_Holy

There is supposed to be a player/ex player in attendance

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/the-corner-bar-010223/

It is a lot of money to stand and have a beer (not included) pre and post match.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:09 - Feb 27 with 3091 viewsLazyFan

On Saturday, they managed expectations in South Africa road B block. The lady behind the counter within 5 mins of of Half-time said they were out of food so, no Hoty Dogs. Only crisps and chocs.

You see, before the excuse was, we cannot get the staff. But they have the staff now they don't have the stock. So, really that is proper pish-poor.

I mean think about, we would be better off, opening up the areas to the outside street sellers around the ground. They know how to sell, they have stock, they know all the fans for years and years, and they can smash it hard.

If, QPR did the deal right, the sellers would make the more and QPR would make more (as you cannot make a profit on food you don't sell) and not even have to worry about suppliers coming and going, staff issues, stocking quality, logistics and so on.

Way less hassle, way more money and most of all a better quality of service for the fans. They also do these deals with the TV companies already so, they outsource that as its not their core business. Football is ... well supposedly :

Its not like they have to build all this; it is literally on their doorstep.
There really is no excuse for this situation, none!

zzzzzzzzzz

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:17 - Feb 27 with 3036 viewsPinnerPaul

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:09 - Feb 27 by LazyFan

On Saturday, they managed expectations in South Africa road B block. The lady behind the counter within 5 mins of of Half-time said they were out of food so, no Hoty Dogs. Only crisps and chocs.

You see, before the excuse was, we cannot get the staff. But they have the staff now they don't have the stock. So, really that is proper pish-poor.

I mean think about, we would be better off, opening up the areas to the outside street sellers around the ground. They know how to sell, they have stock, they know all the fans for years and years, and they can smash it hard.

If, QPR did the deal right, the sellers would make the more and QPR would make more (as you cannot make a profit on food you don't sell) and not even have to worry about suppliers coming and going, staff issues, stocking quality, logistics and so on.

Way less hassle, way more money and most of all a better quality of service for the fans. They also do these deals with the TV companies already so, they outsource that as its not their core business. Football is ... well supposedly :

Its not like they have to build all this; it is literally on their doorstep.
There really is no excuse for this situation, none!

Have you tried to buy more than 6 eggs and 3 tomatoes lately?!
The Corner Flag Bar on 13:32 - Feb 27 with 3002 viewsconnell10

The Corner Flag Bar on 08:48 - Feb 27 by kingsburyR

I gave up at halftime and told a bloke with a clipboard, if the club don't want my money then I'll keep it.....be less queues in league so that's a bonus .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Corner Flag Bar on 14:03 - Feb 27 with 2895 viewsRs_Holy

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:09 - Feb 27 by toboboly

There is supposed to be a player/ex player in attendance

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/the-corner-bar-010223/

It is a lot of money to stand and have a beer (not included) pre and post match.

Mart Goblin ... Who was the current/former player on Saturday???
The Corner Flag Bar on 15:42 - Feb 27 with 2747 viewsmart_Goblin

The Corner Flag Bar on 13:05 - Feb 27 by Hayesender

They could get a whole squad of players not playing at the moment to pop in. In fact, the amount of players phoning it in, they'd have to get a bigger room

It’s not big enough for that I can assure you 😂
The Corner Flag Bar on 15:45 - Feb 27 with 2736 viewsmart_Goblin

The Corner Flag Bar on 14:03 - Feb 27 by Rs_Holy

Mart Goblin ... Who was the current/former player on Saturday???

Only in there after the game but didn’t see any ex players
The Corner Flag Bar on 15:46 - Feb 27 with 2724 viewsmart_Goblin

In hindsight again, it is good that the club want to give fans a choice. They do have to try things so fair enough really

It just seemed so half arsed
Maybe it’s just early days . But it really is pokie
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 15:48]
The Corner Flag Bar on 19:09 - Feb 27 with 2480 viewsRangersw12

Half arsed just sums the club up from top to bottom
The Corner Flag Bar on 20:37 - Feb 27 with 2308 viewsHastings_Hoops

I think that the problem (judging from recent podcasts) is that Hoos and Englis (commercial director) have taken the lazy option of ‘selling’ the licence to the kiosk, which makes them disinterested in continuous improvement as there is less financial reward to the club for increased performance… essentially a quick buck missing an opportunity to increase profit and influence in quality of service.

I am sure there would be far greater incentive to improve performance (and therefore revenue) if the licence wasn’t sold and QPR benefitted pound for pound for improved service and revenue.

Regardless of what is said there is far greater potential for improving concourse facilities at Loftus road *if* there was a joined up approach to concourse improvements rather than scatter gun ‘adaptations’ like this ridiculous corner bar idea.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 21:17]
The Corner Flag Bar on 21:31 - Feb 27 with 2195 viewswombat

The Corner Flag Bar on 20:37 - Feb 27 by Hastings_Hoops

I think that the problem (judging from recent podcasts) is that Hoos and Englis (commercial director) have taken the lazy option of ‘selling’ the licence to the kiosk, which makes them disinterested in continuous improvement as there is less financial reward to the club for increased performance… essentially a quick buck missing an opportunity to increase profit and influence in quality of service.

I am sure there would be far greater incentive to improve performance (and therefore revenue) if the licence wasn’t sold and QPR benefitted pound for pound for improved service and revenue.

Regardless of what is said there is far greater potential for improving concourse facilities at Loftus road *if* there was a joined up approach to concourse improvements rather than scatter gun ‘adaptations’ like this ridiculous corner bar idea.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2023 21:17]

At the last forum hoops said they struggled to get staff for match days , we have how many blocks of student accommodation on our door steps ? I’m sure with some cheap advertising , Sheff utd have an agency based in one block near the ground we could rustle up some kids looking. To earn a few quid on a match day , it ain’t rocket sconce esp when you have as many students on the door step as we do right now

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The Corner Flag Bar on 14:29 - Feb 28 with 1840 viewsPinnerPaul

The Corner Flag Bar on 21:31 - Feb 27 by wombat

At the last forum hoops said they struggled to get staff for match days , we have how many blocks of student accommodation on our door steps ? I’m sure with some cheap advertising , Sheff utd have an agency based in one block near the ground we could rustle up some kids looking. To earn a few quid on a match day , it ain’t rocket sconce esp when you have as many students on the door step as we do right now

As I said above, if it was that easy, why all the adverts for staff you see everywhere?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024