Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nobody listens to Neil 02:36 - Feb 19 with 3434 viewsFredManRave

All things considered, I just don't believe that getting rid of Neil now would make any difference, as I don't see anybody out there who could actually make a difference to this squid, sorry , squad, of players, in the short term.

Wilder proved he's not the saviour at MiddlesBro and Nathan Jones is just a very naughty (and delusional) boy.

So, whilst you may not agree with the appointment of Neil, there's no going back, there's no magic manager available (as he's now at Huddersfield), so, personally, I would just like to see us crawl over the line of safety and then take stock.

The manager is not the problem, it's the running of the club, but let's at least secure the necessary points required to guarantee our safety and then we can talk about ch-ch-changes.

As for Neil, I can't think of a manager that's been given a shittier stick.

Apologies for the quality but it's ironically appropriate;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:07 - Feb 19 with 3146 viewsLadbrokeR

I’m not sure if you’re being satirical employing the young ones image. To some extent I agree.

Answer this why were we top in October and I couldn’t see past a top six finish with virtually the same group of players and now we’re staring down the barrel of a relegation fight.
Nobody listens to Neil on 09:14 - Feb 19 with 3118 viewsPunteR

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:07 - Feb 19 by LadbrokeR

I’m not sure if you’re being satirical employing the young ones image. To some extent I agree.

Answer this why were we top in October and I couldn’t see past a top six finish with virtually the same group of players and now we’re staring down the barrel of a relegation fight.

That same group of players (more or less) did the same thing the previous season under Warburton.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:23 - Feb 19 with 3057 viewsPunteR

I think they need someone different in that dressing sharpish to kick this team into shape.
Critchley isn't working.
I get where Fred's coming from and if he came in earlier instead of Beale we perhaps wouldn't be plummeting like we are.... but who knows with this squad.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:27 - Feb 19 with 3037 viewsLadbrokeR

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:14 - Feb 19 by PunteR

That same group of players (more or less) did the same thing the previous season under Warburton.

That’s not entirely true Paal laird Balogun Roberts Richards iroegbunam didn’t under perform under warburton.
Nobody listens to Neil on 09:44 - Feb 19 with 2936 viewsstevec

Sacking NC would just be kicking the can down the road.

As bad as we are, we’ve finished playing the top six aside of Burnley and by time they come along their team will be on the lash.

Even this piss weak squad can get the 9 points needed from the games we have left.

Then it’s all about what happens next. Can we really trust the DOF and his cohorts to bring in anything other than another bunch of crocks and deserters. They’ve talked about the right type of people many times but if you did a line up of the non attendees yesterday it’s harder to imagine a bigger rogues gallery.

If the board stick by Les & Co, doesn’t matter who the manager is, it’ll just be more of the same year after year.
Nobody listens to Neil on 10:16 - Feb 19 with 2819 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:27 - Feb 19 by LadbrokeR

That’s not entirely true Paal laird Balogun Roberts Richards iroegbunam didn’t under perform under warburton.

But we're we not questioning Gray, Moses, JDW, Hendrick, Sanderson, Charlie, Wallace and several others? All the while claiming that if only Sinclair was playing, everything would be rosy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Nobody listens to Neil on 10:42 - Feb 19 with 2698 viewsbaz_qpr

Sorry have to disagree, we were 6th when he joined, on a bad run yes but halted with an away win at Preston. Nearly every player has gone backwards, selections and tactics have been questionable (starting Albert, 4-2-3-1 switch, then 4-4-2 not switching to 3 at the back when he could). Players may be being coached but they dont seem to be being managed. Its the worst run of results / start for a manager in living memory with a team that was top of the league in October.

We've had 3 years of being genuinely competitive and its fallen off a cliff. Boro and West Brom are good examples of where they had the wrong manager for them, and made the change. This all feels very Ray Harford, nice guy, good coach some success elsewhere wrong fit.
Nobody listens to Neil on 11:14 - Feb 19 with 2587 viewsPastCaringNW2

Listening to the Ferdinand interview my biggest worry is the shrugging off of recruitment problems with a "we have plenty of names on the scouting white board" type comment.

I am having a bad dose of 25 year deja vu in that it reminds me horribly of the worst of the Ray Harford era.

Sinclair gone, Impey on his way? Call for Tony Scully.

A massive hole where Wilkins, Barker and Holloway used do their work? George Kulscar is just the man.

Brevett, Bardsley and WIlson plying their trade elsewhere? There is a shirt all ready with Ian Baraclough's name on it.

All of them nonsense signings built on a fundamental errors of judgement. One of them might have paid off but to pack a 1st division (2nd as was, Championship as is) squad with a whole raft of players who were (at best) 2nd division journeymen had only one likely end result. Players yoked together that individually might have looked perfectly ok in a good team (Tim Breaker being the all time best example of this phenomena) but were never going to lift a poor one. Names on a board of wholly unremarkable and apparently interchangeable parts that were supposed to be able to do a job but rarely managed it all at the same time.

And then there is the issue of who is emerging from the development side of the club.

The crop of youngsters that won the Combination in 1996 also turned out to be substantially less than the sum of its parts despite all the new contracts that were thrown around off the back of that somewhat meaningless trophy. Challis, Lockwood and Brazier had pretty reasonable careers. Chris Plummer and Paul Bruce too to a very limited degree but Mark Graham was not a young Franz Beckenbauer however much John Hollins wanted to believe that was true. At least it was no more true than the frankly demented idea that Karl Ready was a doppelganger for Tony Adams (you can thank Bruce Rioch for that one).

And lets not even get started on the fact that there was no money to even make an offer for on-loan Mark Kennedy (a QPR player if ever I saw one) but plenty in the bank to reward Ruddock and Jones for being masters of the hard-to-watch score draw in the inglorious crawl to 21st place largely off the back of the surreal night we scored 5 against a Boro side who were actually promoted two months later.. That was one of just two wins after Christmas btw. Stop me if this starts to sound familiar.

And where are we now? A badly built squad with some interesting parts, some young players on loan who probably wouldn't be here if they could be relied upon over the 46 game slog and a very small handful of what might prove to be future Forever Rs. The trap door beckons and if these owners lose interest and start to fund us at near austerity levels the way Chris Wright did then the drop down from there could be vertiginous.
Login to get fewer ads

Nobody listens to Neil on 11:20 - Feb 19 with 2557 viewsBurnleyhoop

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:07 - Feb 19 by LadbrokeR

9 of the first eleven are out injured or feigning the same.

The current 11 who are capable/willing to pull on the shirt are, in fairness, doing the best they can.

Never been a big fan of Dozzell and Tim’s inability/ failure to track or mark the opposition infuriates. But they are out there, taking the flak under really difficult circumstances. No lack of effort yesterday, just playing against far superior opposition.

If we can get two or three of the crocks back in the next few weeks we should have enough to see us over the line.

A major strategic review and overhaul needed in the summer.
Nobody listens to Neil on 11:31 - Feb 19 with 2515 viewsstanistheman

Nobody listens to Neil on 09:44 - Feb 19 by stevec

Sacking NC would just be kicking the can down the road.

As bad as we are, we’ve finished playing the top six aside of Burnley and by time they come along their team will be on the lash.

Even this piss weak squad can get the 9 points needed from the games we have left.

Then it’s all about what happens next. Can we really trust the DOF and his cohorts to bring in anything other than another bunch of crocks and deserters. They’ve talked about the right type of people many times but if you did a line up of the non attendees yesterday it’s harder to imagine a bigger rogues gallery.

If the board stick by Les & Co, doesn’t matter who the manager is, it’ll just be more of the same year after year.

Good points about the real cause of the problems, but currently I cannot see how this squad under Critchley will get the 9 points from the fixtures we have.

We still have to play Blackburn, Watford Norwich, West Brom, Burnley as well as visits to relegation threatened sides like Rotherham Blackpool Wigan Stoke and then fixture against Birmingham Coventry Preston and Bristol City.

On paper we should get 9 -12 points from them, but so far under Critchley have managed just 8 from 33 from mostly ‘easier fixtures’.

The owners need to act in the summer to get rid of the people responsible for this mess.

How much money does the club spend on the wages of the likes of Ferdinand, Ramsey, Hall, Impey and the other coaches the DoF has hired. Then there is the recruitment and physio teams. The players seem to get a lot more muscular injuries at QPR than any other club. Or are they just recruiting injury prone players that fail medicals at other clubs.

Finally Hoos has done a decent job with bringing down finances, but seems to have exhausted any ideas on how to increase the club’s income.
Nobody listens to Neil on 11:41 - Feb 19 with 2485 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Nobody listens to Neil on 11:14 - Feb 19 by PastCaringNW2

Listening to the Ferdinand interview my biggest worry is the shrugging off of recruitment problems with a "we have plenty of names on the scouting white board" type comment.

I am having a bad dose of 25 year deja vu in that it reminds me horribly of the worst of the Ray Harford era.

Sinclair gone, Impey on his way? Call for Tony Scully.

A massive hole where Wilkins, Barker and Holloway used do their work? George Kulscar is just the man.

Brevett, Bardsley and WIlson plying their trade elsewhere? There is a shirt all ready with Ian Baraclough's name on it.

All of them nonsense signings built on a fundamental errors of judgement. One of them might have paid off but to pack a 1st division (2nd as was, Championship as is) squad with a whole raft of players who were (at best) 2nd division journeymen had only one likely end result. Players yoked together that individually might have looked perfectly ok in a good team (Tim Breaker being the all time best example of this phenomena) but were never going to lift a poor one. Names on a board of wholly unremarkable and apparently interchangeable parts that were supposed to be able to do a job but rarely managed it all at the same time.

And then there is the issue of who is emerging from the development side of the club.

The crop of youngsters that won the Combination in 1996 also turned out to be substantially less than the sum of its parts despite all the new contracts that were thrown around off the back of that somewhat meaningless trophy. Challis, Lockwood and Brazier had pretty reasonable careers. Chris Plummer and Paul Bruce too to a very limited degree but Mark Graham was not a young Franz Beckenbauer however much John Hollins wanted to believe that was true. At least it was no more true than the frankly demented idea that Karl Ready was a doppelganger for Tony Adams (you can thank Bruce Rioch for that one).

And lets not even get started on the fact that there was no money to even make an offer for on-loan Mark Kennedy (a QPR player if ever I saw one) but plenty in the bank to reward Ruddock and Jones for being masters of the hard-to-watch score draw in the inglorious crawl to 21st place largely off the back of the surreal night we scored 5 against a Boro side who were actually promoted two months later.. That was one of just two wins after Christmas btw. Stop me if this starts to sound familiar.

And where are we now? A badly built squad with some interesting parts, some young players on loan who probably wouldn't be here if they could be relied upon over the 46 game slog and a very small handful of what might prove to be future Forever Rs. The trap door beckons and if these owners lose interest and start to fund us at near austerity levels the way Chris Wright did then the drop down from there could be vertiginous.

Hard to disagree.

I'm certainly not the only one who has returned to the notion that incompetence and poor planning off the pitch has been an epidemic for most of the 50 years I've associated with this shower, manifesting itself in players/teams totally devoid of pride, passion and professionalism on it.

Frankly, Rangers' bigger looming concern is how many of our ageing fan base will just say: balls to it! Because 50 years of clowns, charlatans and crooks, its going to come to a head soon me thinks.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Nobody listens to Neil on 11:56 - Feb 19 with 2416 viewsPaddyhoops

After the Sunderland game I would have pulled the trigger but I’ve since taken stock.
Reason being , I looked at our bench yesterday and thought not much options there.
Especially as the team we’re putting out is piss poor any way .
I suspect the board will give him three more games to sort it.
Stick for now . He’s been dealt a shit hand.
Nobody listens to Neil on 20:37 - Feb 19 with 1967 viewsDamo1962

Nobody listens to Neil on 11:41 - Feb 19 by PlanetHonneywood

Hard to disagree.

I'm certainly not the only one who has returned to the notion that incompetence and poor planning off the pitch has been an epidemic for most of the 50 years I've associated with this shower, manifesting itself in players/teams totally devoid of pride, passion and professionalism on it.

Frankly, Rangers' bigger looming concern is how many of our ageing fan base will just say: balls to it! Because 50 years of clowns, charlatans and crooks, its going to come to a head soon me thinks.

This. Perfectly sums up my feelings for QPR at the moment.
Nobody listens to Neil on 21:16 - Feb 19 with 1776 viewsdigswellhoop

jones a good championship manager
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024