Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE 23:56 - Mar 11 with 12450 viewsNotLoyal

If the Swans can get away from Saaaaarf Landan with anything it will be a miracle of extraordinary magnitudeys.

Away tickets latest : Tickets can be purchased from the North Stand Ticket Office at The New Den from 5.30pm on match day. The ticket office accepts cash and card and is located near the turnstiles. Supporters should be aware that tickets purchased from the North Stand Ticket Office will be subject to a £3 price increase on previously published prices. Duplicates and collections will also be available from here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59800/the-positive-to-ta
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59809/russell-martin-‘

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:06 - Mar 14 with 1214 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:03 - Mar 14 by Boundy

I honestly dont know why you think you're right all the time , have a good evening . morning or what ever time zone you purport to be in

Because you can’t tell me where I’m wrong, can you?

Eastern Daylight.

Bye then.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:06 - Mar 14 with 1235 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 21:58 - Mar 14 by Dr_Parnassus

The now was the same as then.

We play the same way, we get the same kinds of results, for the same reasons.

It’s just some did their best to keep their heads in the sand.

and I'm sure you're creaming your pants thinking about it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:07 - Mar 14 with 1220 viewsmagicdaps10

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:00 - Mar 14 by Luther27

We are playing 10 games to stay in the championship 8 points above the relegation zone. Anything is possible so I’d say the rest of the season is pretty important.

Of course it's important. I would say it's highly unlikely we will go down but it's certainly a possibility.

Unfortunately we have a group of guys who have the mindset of let's see how it goes rather than being proactive. I think the run we have been on is enough of a reason to get something done BUT nothing will be done.

The whole combination is a sad affair.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:10 - Mar 14 with 1155 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:06 - Mar 14 by Boundy

and I'm sure you're creaming your pants thinking about it

No feelings attached, just stating facts.

It doesn’t shock me, I always knew it was the case, hence I was able to demonstrate why is the smallest of details.

Like I said, I hope lessons have been learned. First it was the Cooper criticism, then the Martin praise - largely the same groups both times.

Some just can’t see past the end of their own nose.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 1166 viewsswan65split

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 21:51 - Mar 14 by Luther27

Ten games left as well.
We are in a rut well and truly

Form of nearly all from 16 down is useless,
Its going to be a lottery, as usually one or 2 hit a run from here on in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/table
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 1161 viewsmagicdaps10

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:05 - Mar 14 by sw02sea

All this bollocks highlighted by people on here, that we can’t go down, and I’ve said previously that I can’t see where a W is coming from.
As Delia Smith said…”Where are you?”
Lots of games left, where teams like Blackpool can put a run together.
Be afraid, be very afraid, especially while this deluded numpty is still in charge.

It's highly unlikely but let's not take the chance hey!?

If Martin is here come the end of the season then he will likely be here come August. Move him on, bring in someone until the end of the season and assess from there.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:12 - Mar 14 with 1125 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:07 - Mar 14 by magicdaps10

Of course it's important. I would say it's highly unlikely we will go down but it's certainly a possibility.

Unfortunately we have a group of guys who have the mindset of let's see how it goes rather than being proactive. I think the run we have been on is enough of a reason to get something done BUT nothing will be done.

The whole combination is a sad affair.

Nothing to do with “let’s see how it goes”.

It’s about assessing the situation, knowing it’s an incredibly slim chance we get relegated and then deciding that if there is no long term candidate available, it’s best to wait until the end of the season so we have a better pool to choose from,

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 1087 viewsFireboy2

All this get rid of Martin is making me chuckle.

It will cost money to get rid and the tightwads will not part with anything.

Even if it means us going down.

Get used it the next level people.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 22:21]
Login to get fewer ads

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:25 - Mar 14 with 1040 viewsmagicdaps10

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:18 - Mar 14 by Fireboy2

And that's the nail on the head

"IT WILL COST THEM MONEY"

They have no concern for the club just the money they have tied up in the club!
They either make the call now, mess it all up in the summer or keep Martin for next season.........it might end up OK in the end but it will be more in hope rather than being proactive and really trying to make it work.

I know many and myself included have had a go at the former board for selling up but when they were here, they had the club at heart and understood football and how it worked.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:26 - Mar 14 with 1040 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:18 - Mar 14 by Fireboy2

At the moment I'm quite happy to remain at this level but that's no longer guaranteed .

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:37 - Mar 14 with 998 viewsswan65split

Swansea head coach Russell Martin:

"A really positive performance, first and second half. We have dominated in every facet of the game - I think the stats back that up.

"We concede two really poor goals, from a long throw and it's a mistake by Fish (Andy Fisher). It's a really good performance for 90 minutes and we concede two poor goals which cost us.

"I really liked the look of the team. The shape worked really nicely. We really dominated the game, dominated in terms of chances.

"We concede too many poor goals, too many set-pieces, and just loads of individual mistakes unfortunately. It's frustrating because we definitely didn't deserve to lose."
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:43 - Mar 14 with 962 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:25 - Mar 14 by magicdaps10

And that's the nail on the head

"IT WILL COST THEM MONEY"

They have no concern for the club just the money they have tied up in the club!
They either make the call now, mess it all up in the summer or keep Martin for next season.........it might end up OK in the end but it will be more in hope rather than being proactive and really trying to make it work.

I know many and myself included have had a go at the former board for selling up but when they were here, they had the club at heart and understood football and how it worked.

Absolutely nothing to do with the money. Managers don’t get paid that much at this level, certainly not novice ones.

It’s about timing more than anything.

So if making the incorrectly timed decision also costs the club money, then why do it? Just wait until the summer and make the correct one.

Remember, they are simply doing what YOU have been advocating. Have a go at yourself maybe?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:47 - Mar 14 with 955 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:37 - Mar 14 by swan65split

Swansea head coach Russell Martin:

"A really positive performance, first and second half. We have dominated in every facet of the game - I think the stats back that up.

"We concede two really poor goals, from a long throw and it's a mistake by Fish (Andy Fisher). It's a really good performance for 90 minutes and we concede two poor goals which cost us.

"I really liked the look of the team. The shape worked really nicely. We really dominated the game, dominated in terms of chances.

"We concede too many poor goals, too many set-pieces, and just loads of individual mistakes unfortunately. It's frustrating because we definitely didn't deserve to lose."

neither side deserved to lose but we did

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:51 - Mar 14 with 933 viewsangryjack

Has he gone yet the deluded tw@t.its a results business I just cannot believe he not been sacked..
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:53 - Mar 14 with 932 viewsBryanSwan

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 21:43 - Mar 14 by Badlands

Some are desperately hoping we will be relegated to say, 'I told you so' and have another moan.
A much better performance and sustained over the whole game. Three spawny goals TBH but Fisher has to go.

Most on here have these opinions because they care, Martin is dragging us down into league one the gap is narrowing every week. He needs to go so we can win just 1 game and keep us up.
If we go down we don't come back up, the Americans will see it as an abject failure and there is no way they allocate any resources to a league one project.
3 wins in what is it now 24 games?

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:56 - Mar 14 with 922 viewsmagicdaps10

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:51 - Mar 14 by angryjack

Has he gone yet the deluded tw@t.its a results business I just cannot believe he not been sacked..

The thing is, he is not being pressurised from the top......his job is to firstly produce young players who can be sold off, recycle a % of that fee and repeat the product.

As long as we are not starring relegation in the eye and they don't see that we are, Martin then remains in the job.

They don't see the harm until its screaming them in the face but yet they don't see the harm that they contribute by being silent and not being proactive.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:02 - Mar 14 with 898 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:56 - Mar 14 by magicdaps10

The thing is, he is not being pressurised from the top......his job is to firstly produce young players who can be sold off, recycle a % of that fee and repeat the product.

As long as we are not starring relegation in the eye and they don't see that we are, Martin then remains in the job.

They don't see the harm until its screaming them in the face but yet they don't see the harm that they contribute by being silent and not being proactive.

Again that’s just nonsense myth building.

The primary task is to be successful. Selling young players to service overheads is not a profitable model, it’s a sustainability model.

In order to garner an ROI we need promotion, that is the focus for the owners without question, anything else just makes zero sense.

There is a reason they are putting millions in, and it isn’t just to stave off relegation.

Sadly they probably thought the same as you did, with regards to Russell being a long term option. Although I’m sure they are also seeing what you are with regards to him clearly not being that.

It’s now down to timing on when to move.

You think it’s now - but would also be at the front of the queue to complain if it takes longer than a week (like you did with the keeper situation on this very thread).

If there is no suitable manager to take over then we wait, if there is then we do it.

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:03 - Mar 14 with 901 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:02 - Mar 14 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s extremely unlikely we get relegated.

We probably need to win 1 of the next 10.

1 win in 10 seems a bit of a stretch right now.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:08 - Mar 14 with 882 viewsonehunglow

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:05 - Mar 14 by sw02sea

All this bollocks highlighted by people on here, that we can’t go down, and I’ve said previously that I can’t see where a W is coming from.
As Delia Smith said…”Where are you?”
Lots of games left, where teams like Blackpool can put a run together.
Be afraid, be very afraid, especially while this deluded numpty is still in charge.

I warned about this only to be Told we won’t be relegated
This is complete dangerous slip
We have a manager who is both stupid and supine , a lethal cocktail
I am expecting relegation and prepared for it
Many are not
Well, wise up as it’s coming unless smarting leaves immediately or we somehow fluke the points

We dived out of the Prem from a supposed safe position

Get him out

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:09 - Mar 14 with 887 viewsBoundy

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 22:56 - Mar 14 by magicdaps10

What really really ticked me off ( result aside) was watching him walk off the pitch (Martin) arm over the shoulder of a Millwall player grinning like he just found a £20 note , honestly

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:13 - Mar 14 with 881 viewslifelong

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:03 - Mar 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

On our current form we may manage it.
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:16 - Mar 14 with 868 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:03 - Mar 14 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

A friend corrected that too, 1 win in 9 needed actually.

10 was inclusive of Millwall.

I think 4 points to make sure. 4 points from a possible 27.

Surely even Martin can do that. You would think..

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:18 - Mar 14 with 870 viewscadleigh

We could have taken something from the Den tonight. Arguably should have. They were pretty poor and we worked hard, as we did at Luton and Boro in patches.

None of which is to minimise how poor we were generally, the bizarre selection decisions or the dreadful individual performances. Simply offering the view that we can potentially get something from the Bristol City game, at home against a fellow mid table team.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:19 - Mar 14 with 867 viewsswan65split

A january window! ah if only, whose fault was that ? things maybe different, who can tell?
Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:24 - Mar 14 with 855 viewsDr_Parnassus

Millwall v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 22/23 MONDAY UPDATE on 23:19 - Mar 14 by swan65split

A january window! ah if only, whose fault was that ? things maybe different, who can tell?

There is no real difference to performance no matter who we have brought in, and we have brought in over 20.

It’s wishful thinking to suggest that things will be different “if only”.

The evidence suggests otherwise.

Nice new shiny parts in a broken machine.. is still a broken machine.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024