Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackpool optimistic match thread 08:46 - Mar 14 with 55238 viewsloftboy

0-3 Martin , lowe and Sinclair.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:54 - Mar 14 with 2751 viewsstainrods_elbow

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 23:14 - Mar 14 by itsbiga

"I've never had a six in my career and that's a real trouncing. It's not good enough and I just want to apologise to all the fans - for QPR that's an unacceptable performance".

"Make no bones about this one - this is Blackpool, who have struggled for wins all season and they've smashed us 6-1 tonight. I can't say I've seen that coming".

So this squad are still 'great' players who are 'giving me everything', that right, Gareth?

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 00:38 - Mar 15 with 2667 viewsNov77

I watched a bit of Blackpool’s game against Bristol city at the weekend and they were awful, couldn’t get out of their own half. To lose 6-1 to that shite takes some doing.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 00:50 - Mar 15 with 2622 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 00:38 - Mar 15 by Nov77

I watched a bit of Blackpool’s game against Bristol city at the weekend and they were awful, couldn’t get out of their own half. To lose 6-1 to that shite takes some doing.

That is the most damning thing alright. Blackpool knew tonight...might their only chance of a win again this season. We unfortunately didn't see that it might be our only winnable game as well. Christ, a draw would have been like a win for us - and we couldn't even manage that meagre outcome. Did I say...I really dislike these players ?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 0:53]
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 02:17 - Mar 15 with 2522 viewsMatch82

So are we all agreed on the importance of not being optimistic in match thread titles now?
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 02:37 - Mar 15 with 2488 viewsDamo1962

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 02:17 - Mar 15 by Match82

So are we all agreed on the importance of not being optimistic in match thread titles now?

I've never understood, how "optimism and QPR" can be used in the same sentence TBH 😉
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 06:18 - Mar 15 with 2366 viewsMelakaRanger

Watched the match on TV - red button - so no replays for any incidents.

To be honest, like many have posted, that was as bad a performance I think I have ever seen in the 55 years I have been watching QPR.

It was total hoofball and like watching a bunch of 10 year olds just kicking the ball and having no regard for what happens next. It was the type of kick and run football I plauyed in the junior school playground at 'playtime'. What did the management expect from just hoofballing?

Sadly, I am fast falling into an " I dont care anymore' attitude regarding my team.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 06:51 - Mar 15 with 2290 viewskernowhoop

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 06:18 - Mar 15 by MelakaRanger

To be honest, like many have posted, that was as bad a performance I think I have ever seen in the 55 years I have been watching QPR.

It was total hoofball and like watching a bunch of 10 year olds just kicking the ball and having no regard for what happens next. It was the type of kick and run football I plauyed in the junior school playground at 'playtime'. What did the management expect from just hoofballing?

Sadly, I am fast falling into an " I dont care anymore' attitude regarding my team.

Red button here, too. Dreadful filming by modern standards, but that is not the point.

It was, indeed, hoofball, until near the end, when there were long passing movements that went nowhere.

I understand the need to get the ball forward quicker but they were surely not asked to play like that?
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 07:20 - Mar 15 with 2176 viewsQPROslo

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 22:29 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

You know its bad when Jimmy Dunne has had 80 touches playing kick and rush and Tim, Dozzell and Lowe managed 65 between them. Blackpools goalkeeper had the least touches for them at 24 on a par with Dozzell more than Tim and Lowe. When you look at the duels won the stats are an embarrassment for the mdfield, Dickie and Kakay. Field it seems had a good game

As long as Martin and Dykes were playing we usually belted the ball high over midfield, so no surprise the players who started the game there had so few touches.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 07:58 - Mar 15 with 2064 viewsdavman

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 07:20 - Mar 15 by QPROslo

As long as Martin and Dykes were playing we usually belted the ball high over midfield, so no surprise the players who started the game there had so few touches.

... And when they went off we kept doing it to Albert and Sinclair.

Should have rested Dykes or Martin so that there was always a target on the pitch.

I loved Saturday not because of the style of play, but because of the effort. The defending in particular and the "up and at 'em" approach. Last night was bend over a barrel, pants round ankles screaming "do me". I am avoiding going into work at the moment as around 150 people knew where I was last night as I swerved a team building pss up to go to Blackpool. I could do with the sympathetic looks and the "what was that" questions...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 08:58 - Mar 15 with 1923 viewsbaz_qpr

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 07:20 - Mar 15 by QPROslo

The midfield is supposed to win second balls and protect the defence, they did neither those three no tackles, no carries no interceptions and the heat maps are embarrassing they barely jogged around. Yes we had some stupid errors at the back but they were not doing their jobs. And Dickie Kakay and Drewe went from being some of the best players on Saturday to some of the worst performances of the season.

Now some of that is players, but some of its is down to the manager and the set up and the fact that Big Mick is just better at playing old skool football than we are and we played right into his hands and never changed it
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 11:01 - Mar 15 with 1792 viewsthemodfather

oh dear to ship 3 in 15 mins then getting whacked for six, the puns are there but not funny for us qpr fans.
we are a lead balloon and bar one win and better show v watford, there is much to do and little time and few games. finding 3 wins seems like picking the lottery winning numbers!
switched off at 4-0 , to see it ended 6-1 sent me to bed with nervous expectations of nightmares!
i woke to dreams of SAFE WATERS.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 11:16 - Mar 15 with 1726 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Does anyone know if a Mick McCarthy side has ever scored six before?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 11:16]
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 11:47 - Mar 15 with 1598 viewsturnsey

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 06:18 - Mar 15 by MelakaRanger

For people who saw both: was it worse than the 7-1 at the Hawthorns under McLaren? I was fortunate enough to miss that one, although not last night.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 1473 viewsR_from_afar

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:48 - Mar 14 by westy

At least now I know how my girlfriend feels. She looks forward to seeing me, gets excited about what could happen, talks about it with her friends, discusses endless possibilities and then the inevitable happens……. I turn up

Just like supporting this shower of ****
[Post edited 14 Mar 2023 21:51]

On a truly miserable day for us Rs fans, this post made me smile

I'm sure you are being modest, just the fact that you are so self aware is positive and refreshing.

My wife could form a club with your girlfriend, I'm sure her experiences with me are similar to those you write about LOL.

So on to the next match, praying for a point at least, for survival, and for this horrific season to end.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 14:51 - Mar 15 with 1392 viewsaston_hoop

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 11:16 - Mar 15 by Wegerles_Stairs

Does anyone know if a Mick McCarthy side has ever scored six before?
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 11:16]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 14:56 - Mar 15 with 1375 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 14:51 - Mar 15 by aston_hoop

Thanks. 30 years ago lol - it looks like we are following the Brentford model then.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 16:38 - Mar 15 with 1273 viewsJames_Paddocks

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 21:37 - Mar 14 by Wegerles_Stairs

I really hope no one in that crowd tonight claps them off.....

I was there, unfortunately, and can confirm loads clapped at the end.

Absolutely mind-blowing. There should've been a fcking riot.
Instead, you've got blokes clapping away like mentally stunted seals.
Blackpool optimistic match thread on 19:43 - Mar 15 with 1085 viewsHayesender

Blackpool optimistic match thread on 11:47 - Mar 15 by turnsey

For people who saw both: was it worse than the 7-1 at the Hawthorns under McLaren? I was fortunate enough to miss that one, although not last night.

Oh a lot worse. At the west Brom game it was 1-1 at half time, and I even said to my mate over a half time pint that I had a good feeling about the 2nd half 😀

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024