Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
name and shame 08:35 - Mar 15 with 5106 viewsPetros

I'm watching the goals from last night like it's the Zapruder film. Who is the player in the right back position (sort of) who feebly allows the cross to come in for the first goal?
name and shame on 08:58 - Mar 15 with 3858 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

That's Aaron Drewe. He got roasted for the first 15 minutes - so much so that they swapped him to left back in the hope that Kakay could deal with their left winger more effectively.

In the first 10 minutes alone Blackpool manufactured at least three two-on-one overloads going right at Drewe. No midfielder in there to help him, no centre half coming across, just him on an island trying desperately to defend against a full back and a winger. The kid didn't stand a chance.

Hopeless and embarrassing.
name and shame on 09:01 - Mar 15 with 3841 viewsPetros

name and shame on 08:58 - Mar 15 by Padulas_Shampoo

That's Aaron Drewe. He got roasted for the first 15 minutes - so much so that they swapped him to left back in the hope that Kakay could deal with their left winger more effectively.

In the first 10 minutes alone Blackpool manufactured at least three two-on-one overloads going right at Drewe. No midfielder in there to help him, no centre half coming across, just him on an island trying desperately to defend against a full back and a winger. The kid didn't stand a chance.

Hopeless and embarrassing.

It was Drewe for the second goal, but looks like someone else to me, taller? Or maybe my fuzzy screen/brain!
name and shame on 09:12 - Mar 15 with 3761 viewsozranger

name and shame on 09:01 - Mar 15 by Petros

It was Drewe for the second goal, but looks like someone else to me, taller? Or maybe my fuzzy screen/brain!

Dozzell, I believe you will find and not Drewe.
name and shame on 09:13 - Mar 15 with 3758 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

It was definitely Drewe.
name and shame on 09:13 - Mar 15 with 3750 viewsParkRoyalR

1st Goal - Unfortunate, slightly harsh penalty but no intensity in our defending

2nd Goal - Dickie more so than Drewe for me (watch Dickie's movement & body language!)

3rd Goal - Unfortunate, arguably Dieng shouldnt have come and should have punched

4th Goal - Field more so than Dunne, but both should have been stronger

5th Goal - Dickie more so than Dunne, but both should have been stronger

6th Goal - Dickie

Worse example of 'After The Lord Mayors Show' I've ever seen and too many failings, including midfield selection, but lack of intensity was alarming.
name and shame on 09:24 - Mar 15 with 3672 viewsWegerles_Stairs

We can't even use the excuse that there was a second gunman.
name and shame on 09:28 - Mar 15 with 3658 viewsozranger

name and shame on 09:13 - Mar 15 by Padulas_Shampoo

It was definitely Drewe.

Actually, we are both wrong!

It was Dykes. He was back defending from the earlier free kick. Stop the play and you will see the number 9 on our player's back.
name and shame on 09:29 - Mar 15 with 3652 viewsozexile

The 2nd and fifth for me are unforgivable. I think it's Drewe for the 2nd how the forward gets in front of him and ends up goal side is criminal.
And as for the fifth I have no idea who jumps and then turns their back is that Dickie?
One thing I have noted though from those corners, none hit our First man? There not even very good deliveries. But they beat the first man and made us defend. As opposed to our corners that never reach said area.
Login to get fewer ads

name and shame on 09:29 - Mar 15 with 3646 viewsgazza1

I watched it on the red button.....so have not seen any play backs. Any links please.
name and shame on 09:34 - Mar 15 with 3610 viewsTheChef

Unlike Watford, Blackpool are a team fighting for survival and we couldn't match their intensity (surprise), the penalty for the first goal was a bit fortunate but that was all they needed to crack on from there. Thought Dieng was a little unlucky for the third, he's come for plenty of those in the past and claimed the ball well - but when you're luck/confidence is not in, it's not in.

The usual shambles after that - never known such a mentally weak set of players, I'd argue they are virtually unmanageable. I think we'll just about be OK this season but Ainsworth has a hell of a job on his hands both now and in the summer, ripping up/rebuilding a squad that might survive again next season (I'll take 16th now thanks).

Sigh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

name and shame on 09:35 - Mar 15 with 3610 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

name and shame on 09:29 - Mar 15 by gazza1

I watched it on the red button.....so have not seen any play backs. Any links please.

Are you a masichist?
name and shame on 09:36 - Mar 15 with 3592 viewscolinallcars

I had a terrible dream last night. The assembled QPR team were up before an extremely fearsome judge.
He said “QPR - you did willfully, wantonly and with malice aforethought, refuse to compete - how do you plead ?”
The assembly “Guilty my worship”.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2023 10:02]
name and shame on 09:39 - Mar 15 with 3555 viewsWegerles_Stairs

name and shame on 09:29 - Mar 15 by ozexile

The 2nd and fifth for me are unforgivable. I think it's Drewe for the 2nd how the forward gets in front of him and ends up goal side is criminal.
And as for the fifth I have no idea who jumps and then turns their back is that Dickie?
One thing I have noted though from those corners, none hit our First man? There not even very good deliveries. But they beat the first man and made us defend. As opposed to our corners that never reach said area.

The fifth is even worse because it was just after half-time and they'd already conceded a similar goal for the fourth. Absolute clown show.
name and shame on 09:41 - Mar 15 with 3543 viewsgazza1

name and shame on 09:35 - Mar 15 by Padulas_Shampoo

Are you a masichist?

No not really - its QPR, the red button was so poor coverage that I need to look.......win loose or draw, i like to form my opinions, etc
name and shame on 09:47 - Mar 15 with 3514 viewsBrizR

Drewe was getting totally overrun for the first 15, and the Kakay switch did a lot to shore that up - not much help when you're already 3-0 down though.

Not massively surprising for a 22 year old on his third ever Championship appearance, but hard to watch when it was so disastrous for us.
name and shame on 09:56 - Mar 15 with 3468 viewsgazza1

Drew's performance was a typical performance of a young(ish - 22!!!) inexperienced player. He was left isolated far too often.
name and shame on 10:19 - Mar 15 with 3342 viewsgolborne

name and shame on 09:13 - Mar 15 by ParkRoyalR

1st Goal - Unfortunate, slightly harsh penalty but no intensity in our defending

2nd Goal - Dickie more so than Drewe for me (watch Dickie's movement & body language!)

3rd Goal - Unfortunate, arguably Dieng shouldnt have come and should have punched

6th Goal - Dickie

Worse example of 'After The Lord Mayors Show' I've ever seen and too many failings, including midfield selection, but lack of intensity was alarming.

For the 2nd, field was the player on the near post who doesn’t track/move out to their player coming across. But where the other two were…

3rd is a foul, end of. He had both hands on the ball and gets bumped

4th is a mile off side in the build up, but yes, from behind the goal view field is positioned like he’s marking dozell at the corner and it drops over him and to the player he should be marking.

5th is Martin all day long - he’s already wrong side to stop the run and does nothing to rectify it and gives him a 2nd free header with the simplest of movement.

6th was knocked on with the forearm, so unfortunate. However, CH should be all over him and Field doesn’t track his runner.

Crap defending, but great deliveries from all their set pieces, felt like a potential goal every time they had one. Think they were Man City and Arsenal loanees on delivery duties.

The direct play showed itself for what it is without mobility and movement upfront. I think it was a game too soon for Martin, given he played 90 on Saturday and actually did quite a bit of running in the first half. Stick Chair, or Willock running into the space behind and it’s a different matter. Players who can hold it and wait for support. Before we knock the midfield, the ball was often being hoofed/played (I’ll be kind) the other way before they could support. Nothing stuck, and it’s hard in midfield, if you’re constantly watching the ball go the other way as you put a sprint into support. Gets to the point of staying in position waiting for the inevitable clearance. Equally, the defence feel constantly under siege, and they were. Got drawn into an Mick McCarthy scrap and lost, badly. Albert, Richards, or Armstrong could have made a difference in the channels to hold it up, rather than lumping it cross field the Martin. See how they retreated once they came on. Like they had 2 different game plans, regardless of being that far ahead. Also, a feeling Steph is carrying a knock, as we could have done with his bite in midfield. Amos made a silly challenge and played a couple of poor balls, but was good to see a couple of good interceptions. Hopefully, we can him fully fit soon, as he’ll be a real asset for the press that GA wants to play. His speed over 5-10 is incredible given his ACL history.
name and shame on 10:27 - Mar 15 with 3283 viewsdaveB

every goal I thought there were 3/4 people at fault even the 3rd when Dieng drops it no one reacts and tries to get across and block the shot, it's an open goal from the edge of the box
name and shame on 10:32 - Mar 15 with 3271 viewsstevec

name and shame on 09:41 - Mar 15 by gazza1

No not really - its QPR, the red button was so poor coverage that I need to look.......win loose or draw, i like to form my opinions, etc

The best thing about the red button is you only get to see it once.
name and shame on 10:42 - Mar 15 with 3225 viewsTHEBUSH

name and shame on 10:27 - Mar 15 by daveB

every goal I thought there were 3/4 people at fault even the 3rd when Dieng drops it no one reacts and tries to get across and block the shot, it's an open goal from the edge of the box

Dieng was very poor last night.

Normally teams goalkeepers keep the scores down to reasonable levels, in most games.

Dieng last night hardly made a save and played his part in the horrific score.
name and shame on 10:51 - Mar 15 with 3153 viewsgazza1

name and shame on 09:13 - Mar 15 by ParkRoyalR

6th Goal - Dickie

1st.....harsh penalty for sure - Dickie was attacking the ball trying to block the shot - hit his elbow I think. Pretty poor defending from Dykes to try to stop the cross.
2nd....Drewe has got to do better stopping the cross, the attacker who scored was unmarked. My initial thought is that Kakay had him in his sights as B'pool attacked but did not follow him.
3rd....Dieng decided to come for it - simple, didn't keep hold of it. Clear that it was Dieng error - nothing unfortunate about it!!!
4th...Any one of three of them, Kakay, I think Martin & Field - I don't known their responsibilities from the corner but it should be to get your head to it but none of them did. The B'pool player got in between them and won the header comfortably.
5th.....Tough to see but I think Dickie lost the B'pool player and he headed home.
6th.....Dickie did not win the header cleanly, in fact, flicked his header into the B'pool players path and Field/Drew left the scorer unmarked. Unsure who was at fault for the marking.

Our goal, decent play from Kakay, Dykes and a good header from Martin.
name and shame on 10:52 - Mar 15 with 3150 viewsHayesender

name and shame on 10:42 - Mar 15 by THEBUSH

Normally teams goalkeepers keep the scores down to reasonable levels, in most games.

Dieng has been poor for months imo, and getting worse.

His saves to shots ratio must be one of the, if not the worst in the championship

Poll: Shamima Beghum

name and shame on 10:52 - Mar 15 with 3147 viewskernowhoop

name and shame on 10:19 - Mar 15 by golborne

For the 2nd, field was the player on the near post who doesn’t track/move out to their player coming across. But where the other two were…

3rd is a foul, end of. He had both hands on the ball and gets bumped

4th is a mile off side in the build up, but yes, from behind the goal view field is positioned like he’s marking dozell at the corner and it drops over him and to the player he should be marking.

5th is Martin all day long - he’s already wrong side to stop the run and does nothing to rectify it and gives him a 2nd free header with the simplest of movement.

6th was knocked on with the forearm, so unfortunate. However, CH should be all over him and Field doesn’t track his runner.

Crap defending, but great deliveries from all their set pieces, felt like a potential goal every time they had one. Think they were Man City and Arsenal loanees on delivery duties.

The direct play showed itself for what it is without mobility and movement upfront. I think it was a game too soon for Martin, given he played 90 on Saturday and actually did quite a bit of running in the first half. Stick Chair, or Willock running into the space behind and it’s a different matter. Players who can hold it and wait for support. Before we knock the midfield, the ball was often being hoofed/played (I’ll be kind) the other way before they could support. Nothing stuck, and it’s hard in midfield, if you’re constantly watching the ball go the other way as you put a sprint into support. Gets to the point of staying in position waiting for the inevitable clearance. Equally, the defence feel constantly under siege, and they were. Got drawn into an Mick McCarthy scrap and lost, badly. Albert, Richards, or Armstrong could have made a difference in the channels to hold it up, rather than lumping it cross field the Martin. See how they retreated once they came on. Like they had 2 different game plans, regardless of being that far ahead. Also, a feeling Steph is carrying a knock, as we could have done with his bite in midfield. Amos made a silly challenge and played a couple of poor balls, but was good to see a couple of good interceptions. Hopefully, we can him fully fit soon, as he’ll be a real asset for the press that GA wants to play. His speed over 5-10 is incredible given his ACL history.

You mention the prospect of Chair and Willock being behind Martin. Yes, but the way that QPR played last night's game, they would very rarely have the ball. It would be flying over them - more threat to aircraft than to the opposition.
name and shame on 10:52 - Mar 15 with 3147 viewsFrankRightguard

name and shame on 10:42 - Mar 15 by THEBUSH

Whisper it quietly, he ain’t all that
name and shame on 10:55 - Mar 15 with 3129 viewsgazza1

name and shame on 10:52 - Mar 15 by kernowhoop

You mention the prospect of Chair and Willock being behind Martin. Yes, but the way that QPR played last night's game, they would very rarely have the ball. It would be flying over them - more threat to aircraft than to the opposition.

They could not fit into the style of play we currently play.......when they are fit our style will change to less 100 yard balls and we will play a bit more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024