Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buying a ticket. 06:38 - Mar 17 with 7945 viewsSK_hoops

Sorry if this has been covered before, but what on earth is wrong with the ticketing system on the website?

First off, it should be the first thing you see on the official website, but you have to click the menu and pick it from there, fine, whatever.

Then you get onto that seat map, with the cursor. I tried hovering over the seat a load of times, but the option to buy the seat just disappeared, turns out you need to click on it first, then select it.

OK, I've got my seats. Then I needed to update my details. OK, they're fine... No button to get me back to the previous page I was on, back button three times, OK good. Let's enter my card details. Picked a previously used card (New debit card, but I used it on the site before, so should be good). There's something wrong with what I've entered. OK let's try again... no. OK..... session timeout.

Let's start again. Get to the debit card page, just enter my card details again and do it that way. Then I needed to put my card in my card reader and put a code in, fine. Wait? How is my timer now on two minutes? It was 25 a minute ago. Manage to sort it with about 35 seconds spare.

Phew. Can finally kick back and enjoy my tickets... 'You already have a card linked to this account'. Timed out again. Try for a third time - tickets I wanted gone. I give up.

It's like that book the castle by Franz Kafka - Jesus christ. Can't even call the box office as I'll be at work. Weird, as I've bought tickets before, but it just wasn't having it this time around.
Buying a ticket. on 22:51 - Mar 17 with 2562 viewsstainrods_elbow

Buying a ticket. on 08:29 - Mar 17 by ParkRoyalR

Hoos should be sacked for his complete inability to fix this shambles,

Cut social media budget and invest in an in-house IT person who can manages external consultants to get this sorted, within a month.

No wonder our player recruitment analytics is all over the place!

Sacked you say? We're lucky to have him, according to some here (who are clearly missing a few neurons)!

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Buying a ticket. on 23:38 - Mar 17 with 2545 viewsGloryHunter

Buying a ticket. on 08:02 - Mar 17 by FrankRightguard

I tried to get tickets for someone for the three homes games over Christmas. First two I got into the basket but then could find no way to let it actually allow me to buy them, turns out it was the mystery updating of the profile that was causing the issue. I

In the end gave up and called the box office. Explained what I wanted and the guy sorts it. I asked when the Blackburn tickets are on sale, on sale now he says. Do you know they aren’t on the ticketing website as available? Oh.

Why do we make it so hard for people to attend a game? Ludicrous.

And once you manage to give the club your money for the tickets, and get to the game, don't even dream about giving the club more of your money for a beer. No, no, no . . . we don't want your money, you pesky supporter.
Buying a ticket. on 08:50 - Mar 23 with 2380 viewsNorthernr

So, I have been having some conversations with the club about this issue this week. There is a website re-design coming, and there is a company coming in to look at the ticketing website. It'll still be within the Ticketmaster framework, so set expectations at that, but if you guys can post specific problems you have with the ticket website other than "it's sht" on this thread I can pass them along to the development team that's going to work on it.
Buying a ticket. on 08:58 - Mar 23 with 2351 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Buying a ticket. on 08:50 - Mar 23 by Northernr

So, I have been having some conversations with the club about this issue this week. There is a website re-design coming, and there is a company coming in to look at the ticketing website. It'll still be within the Ticketmaster framework, so set expectations at that, but if you guys can post specific problems you have with the ticket website other than "it's sht" on this thread I can pass them along to the development team that's going to work on it.

Finally Norf, you are delivering on those brown envelopes 😆

Well done for bringing this up.
Buying a ticket. on 11:52 - Mar 23 with 2267 viewsCamberleyR

Buying a ticket. on 13:29 - Mar 17 by PeterHucker

my Nan's neighbours were contestants on the very first episode of 3-2-1.

Alongside an unknown Janice Long and her then husband who won it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Buying a ticket. on 12:02 - Mar 23 with 2246 viewsSK_hoops

Great! Thank you.
Buying a ticket. on 14:21 - Mar 23 with 2147 viewsTacticalR

Why don't the company looking at the ticketing website use this thread as a reference point?

They can use it to ask questions (and perhaps provide some answers) which will be visible to everyone.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 14:21]

Air hostess clique

Buying a ticket. on 15:15 - Mar 23 with 2082 viewsTheChef

I assume that's the main issue is that the website is at the mercy of Ticketmaster and whatever template they use.

Biggest issue is the ridiculous three minute window for making payment once you've got the tickets in the basket. I understand the need for it, but surely they can make that a bit longer.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Buying a ticket. on 15:22 - Mar 23 with 2076 viewsNushnool

My recurring problem on the ticketing site, is that I once asked for the tickets to be sent to my brother's address. Now, I can't seem to have any option online of changing the delivery address back to mine. The best I have managed to achieve is to get the tickets sent to an address which has a combination of different lines from each of our two addresses.
Buying a ticket. on 16:40 - Mar 23 with 2040 viewsHarbour

Anyone else find it hard to select your seat on the interactive map..Often have to hit the little seat icon several times before the selection is recognised. Perhaps the seat icon could be made bigger?? Then your up against the timer …community donation decision, ticket type decision, cc details , accept Ts and Cs hit confirm …check timer!! Oh your out of time….could they extend the time give you a bit longer?
Buying a ticket. on 19:58 - Mar 23 with 1979 viewsTacticalR

Buying a ticket. on 16:40 - Mar 23 by Harbour

Anyone else find it hard to select your seat on the interactive map..Often have to hit the little seat icon several times before the selection is recognised. Perhaps the seat icon could be made bigger?? Then your up against the timer …community donation decision, ticket type decision, cc details , accept Ts and Cs hit confirm …check timer!! Oh your out of time….could they extend the time give you a bit longer?

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. You have to use the zoom button on the right hand side. Eventually the mouse pointer changes from a hand to a pointing finger when you are over one of the blue circles. It's fiddly.

Air hostess clique

Buying a ticket. on 20:28 - Mar 23 with 1968 viewsHarbour

Buying a ticket. on 19:58 - Mar 23 by TacticalR

I mentioned this earlier in the thread. You have to use the zoom button on the right hand side. Eventually the mouse pointer changes from a hand to a pointing finger when you are over one of the blue circles. It's fiddly.

Thanks will look out for that…my bad not reading the whole thread!
Buying a ticket. on 22:16 - Mar 23 with 1919 viewsNorthernr

Buying a ticket. on 14:21 - Mar 23 by TacticalR

Why don't the company looking at the ticketing website use this thread as a reference point?

They can use it to ask questions (and perhaps provide some answers) which will be visible to everyone.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2023 14:21]

They are going to, sorry if I wasn’t clear. Put as many specific points as we can on here because they have seen it already and will continue to do so.
Buying a ticket. on 08:10 - Mar 25 with 1780 viewsTGRRRSSS

Normally I simply call up to buy tickets for this very reason where possible.

You shouldnt need to be a signed member to buy tickets.

And also why are tickets not on sale as far in advance as they used to?
Buying a ticket. on 13:19 - Mar 25 with 1703 viewsTacticalR

Buying a ticket. on 22:16 - Mar 23 by Northernr

They are going to, sorry if I wasn’t clear. Put as many specific points as we can on here because they have seen it already and will continue to do so.

You were clear that we should post on this thread, but it wasn't clear if the company reviewing the ticketing website was going to respond on this thread.

When I suggested using the thread as a reference point I meant that the company could use the thread to:

1. Tell us which issues they have identified that need to be fixed or improved
2. Keep us informed of any progress on fixing or improving those issues

Air hostess clique

Buying a ticket. on 13:59 - Mar 25 with 1675 viewsRangersDave

From logging on to the QPR web site for tickets you should not be any further away from purchasing than 5 clicks

1, click home ticket purchase icon

2) click match icon

3) Click amount of tickets

4) enter credit or debit card details and click

5) confirm address and then purchase

Life should be that easy.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Buying a ticket. on 05:43 - Mar 26 with 1580 viewsstainrods_elbow

Isn't posting all the problems something that's been going on here and for as long as I can remember in brain-aching detail? 'It's sh*t', though, just about covers all bases.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Buying a ticket. on 16:56 - Mar 26 with 1479 viewsPinnerPaul

Buying a ticket. on 14:48 - Mar 17 by TacticalR

Random thoughts

1. A great book about user interface design is Steve Krug's 'Don't Make Me Think' (2000), the idea being that well-designed websites help you to to carry out the task you need to do. Krug says that developers often create complex web pages that people don't read and just scan quickly, trying to find the information to get on with what they are trying to do. Simple websites point you in the right direction and don't make you think.

2. One thing that is patently obvious is that software designers have not used scenarios to design this system. An example of a scenario is the 'buying a single ticket for the next match within 5 minutes'. Then once that works create more complex scenarios like 'user can't link to a bank account', or 'user wants to buy 7 tickets in one go'.

3. The scenarios can be understood by the designer, the software developer, and the testers. Once the software is developed the testers should be able spot if that scenario is unmanageable using the software (e.g. the task can't be completed in the time given). In this case it looks like the software has not been fully tested (or it has been tested and everyone has kept quiet about how difficult it is to use).

4. Instead software is often designed in functional pieces (e.g. some software to process card payments), and then the pieces are put together. At first glance all the requirements have been met, but in practice everything does not work well together. Developers have lost sight of the overall purpose of the software.

5. Often when user interface designers are brought in, it's too late to change the fundamental design of a software system.

6. I wonder if QPR have any way of monitoring how many people try to use the ticketing website, but fail to buy tickets? Probably not.

7. As someone once said "software is the management of complexity", but that doesn't mean that software has to be complex for users. It's easy to create something complex, hard to create something simple. One of the strengths of the Google search page is that it has always remained simple.

Further random thoughts

One oddity on the QPR website (not the ticketing part) is that when it makes you log in, it never takes you back to the page you were on before it made you log in.

Another oddity on the ticketing website is that when selecting a seat you have to zoom right in, otherwise the mouse pointer won't change to a hand and you can't select the seat.

It's not just QPR by the way. The other day I had to set up a standing order at HSBC and that took me over 30 minutes after various failed attempts. At work we have Oracle's personnel system, and it's frankly astonishing that a corporation with infinite resources could have produced something so unwieldy.

Great posts and learning points!

From OP - hovering over a specific seat tip - that drives me mad and from someone else, I thought the log back in to a different page/set of headlines was just me!

Not just QPR has someone has said, recently I have moved home 6 months ago and recently sadly had to notify various companies/organisations about my Mum's passing - so much variation in how they all work - some very good - stand up Affinty Water and believe it or not, HMRC, some awful - SSE/OVO energy by far the worse.

I've found the 'chat' functions can be a waste of time as well - some of the people manning them either have no knowledge whatsoever and refer you back to the web site or can only take your complaint/query so far and you have to 'chat' to someone else or go back to the over complicated web site, you came off because you thought "Quick chat" would be easier - agggghhhhhhh!
Buying a ticket. on 17:15 - Mar 26 with 1454 viewsPinnerPaul

Buying a ticket. on 16:40 - Mar 23 by Harbour

Yes indeed, I find it very difficult, why not just be able to click on it?
Buying a ticket. on 17:18 - Mar 26 with 1442 viewsNorthernr

Buying a ticket. on 16:56 - Mar 26 by PinnerPaul

Great posts and learning points!

From OP - hovering over a specific seat tip - that drives me mad and from someone else, I thought the log back in to a different page/set of headlines was just me!

Not just QPR has someone has said, recently I have moved home 6 months ago and recently sadly had to notify various companies/organisations about my Mum's passing - so much variation in how they all work - some very good - stand up Affinty Water and believe it or not, HMRC, some awful - SSE/OVO energy by far the worse.

I've found the 'chat' functions can be a waste of time as well - some of the people manning them either have no knowledge whatsoever and refer you back to the web site or can only take your complaint/query so far and you have to 'chat' to someone else or go back to the over complicated web site, you came off because you thought "Quick chat" would be easier - agggghhhhhhh!

Same experience recent moving house.
A lot of those 'quick chat' things are AI bots, and they're useless.
Had hours of fun trying to get a refund for our Sheff Utd away trains off East Midlands TRain because even though a strike had been called, at that point the train was still showing up as "on time" so it couldn't compute it. In the end I got the refund, but in the final confirmation it said "we're sorry your journey was cancelled due to STORM". When it was a strike, and two weeks away still.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:29 - Apr 20 with 1196 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024