Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mitrovic 16:15 - Apr 6 with 2431 viewsPinnerPaul

Firstly apologies if one of my 'friends' on here as started a thread on this verdict, but can't see one. What do we think on the punishments (pending possible FA appeal)?

Mitrovic - 8 games + £75,000 fine
Manager - 2 games and £40,000
Fulham £20,000

Thanks

Takes your mind off tomorrow for a bit is the way to look at it!
Mitrovic on 16:19 - Apr 6 with 2391 viewsNorthernr

Completely fair enough, but...

There have been several other incidents similar, some of them very recently, and all involving the "big clubs". Bruno Fernandes shoved the linesman at Liverpool after losing his rag, Grealish and others jostled Simon Hooper at Man City v Liverpool last week, going a bit further back was it Joe Hart ran up and got in the face of Michael Oliver - and nothing was done. So it's hard to shake the notion they've taken the nice easy option of making a big example of this because it's only Fulham and Mitrovic, when they didn't have the stones to do it to one of the bigger clubs.
Mitrovic on 16:30 - Apr 6 with 2338 viewswood_hoop

IMO, probably about the best they can do for now, especially as Clive points out the previous cases, where there was no punishment.

As far as I am concerned any player laying his hands on a ref should be banned for life, no matter how bad a decision he/she makes !

I know many players have the IQ of a gnat, so maybe a tattoo the length of their arm to remind them might help.
Mitrovic on 16:31 - Apr 6 with 2337 viewsPinnerPaul

Mitrovic on 16:19 - Apr 6 by Northernr

There have been several other incidents similar, some of them very recently, and all involving the "big clubs". Bruno Fernandes shoved the linesman at Liverpool after losing his rag, Grealish and others jostled Simon Hooper at Man City v Liverpool last week, going a bit further back was it Joe Hart ran up and got in the face of Michael Oliver - and nothing was done. So it's hard to shake the notion they've taken the nice easy option of making a big example of this because it's only Fulham and Mitrovic, when they didn't have the stones to do it to one of the bigger clubs.

FA are actually pressing for a greater punishment, hence the appeal.

The Fernandes incident was totally different, but no way should he have got off scot free I agree. Problem is, as you have mentioned previously, if the refereeing team say they have seen the incident then it can't be acted upon afterwards - obviously should have been at the time in the cases you mention and others - although I don't think any went as far as Mitrovic.

As ever it IS the inconsistency that drives everyone mad - I do get that.

Edit - I do think 8 games is fair enough as well.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 16:31]
Mitrovic on 16:33 - Apr 6 with 2302 viewsMedwayR

Mitrovic on 16:31 - Apr 6 by PinnerPaul

FA are actually pressing for a greater punishment, hence the appeal.

The Fernandes incident was totally different, but no way should he have got off scot free I agree. Problem is, as you have mentioned previously, if the refereeing team say they have seen the incident then it can't be acted upon afterwards - obviously should have been at the time in the cases you mention and others - although I don't think any went as far as Mitrovic.

As ever it IS the inconsistency that drives everyone mad - I do get that.

Edit - I do think 8 games is fair enough as well.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 16:31]

"if the refereeing team say they have seen the incident then it can't be acted upon afterwards"

So why did they act upon the Mitrovic one because the refereeing team definitely saw what Mitrovic did. It's a stupid rule that benefits no one, I still can't understand why it exists.

Poll: Who’s better?

Mitrovic on 16:39 - Apr 6 with 2263 viewsstowmarketrange

Mitrovic on 16:33 - Apr 6 by MedwayR

"if the refereeing team say they have seen the incident then it can't be acted upon afterwards"

So why did they act upon the Mitrovic one because the refereeing team definitely saw what Mitrovic did. It's a stupid rule that benefits no one, I still can't understand why it exists.

And they have acted after the officials have seen the incidents in the past.As PP points out,if they showed consistency in their decision making after the event it would help.
But I’ve got no sympathy for the diving,cheating mitrovic,who throws his weight around like a bully until somebody touches him,then he goes down easier that a whores knickers.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 16:41]
Mitrovic on 16:41 - Apr 6 with 2243 viewsjoe90

Mitrovic on 16:19 - Apr 6 by Northernr

Okay so there's an alleged bias towards the 'big' clubs, but why do you think that is? Are the refs instructed ahead of the game to let things go? Is it because decisions in certain games get more scrutiny? Do they send Paulie Walnuts to the refs house pre match?

Mitrovic on 16:52 - Apr 6 with 2179 viewsPinnerPaul

Mitrovic on 16:33 - Apr 6 by MedwayR

They did act on it, they sent him off.

He got 2 games for OFFINABUS, 3 games for poking the ref in the chest and 3 games for his actions as he went off.

Fernandes didn't get sent off so they couldn't ban him for anything!
Mitrovic on 16:53 - Apr 6 with 2174 viewsNorthernr

Mitrovic on 16:41 - Apr 6 by joe90

Okay so there's an alleged bias towards the 'big' clubs, but why do you think that is? Are the refs instructed ahead of the game to let things go? Is it because decisions in certain games get more scrutiny? Do they send Paulie Walnuts to the refs house pre match?

No idea. But I don't get why we can have Fernandes behaving the way he did at Liverpool and nothing being done, either at the time or afterwards, and then a fortnight later we're throwing the kitchen sink at Mitrovic. It's not a good look at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Mitrovic on 17:54 - Apr 6 with 2005 viewsKonk

Mitrovic has been pushing his luck this season and I don’t have a problem with a lengthy ban, but we all know that it would be nothing like 8 games (and whatever extra the FA are lobbying for) if it had been a Man United player doing the same thing. Same as penalty shouts not going to VAR in the same match. I look forward to the FA appealing for stronger punishments (well, any punishment would be a start) the next time Bruno Fernandes chases a ref round the pitch like a tw at.

I would love to see every player who shouts abuse at an official sent-off and banned, but I’m not holding out any hope of this becoming a precedent for similar treatment for similar transgressions if it’s a big club player acting the cu nt. I love Mitro, and though he was completely out of order, I can see our frustration with the way Kavanagh has reffed our games and how VAR has been ignored or absolute sh ite in the games he reffed at West Ham and Man Utd. There’s no consistency with VAR.

Refs should be empowered to send off anyone for getting in their face. Mic-up the refs and see how long sponsors are happy to have the crowd and viewers at home listening to managers and players calling the ref a “fuc king wan ker”. Unfortunately professional footballers and managers abuse officials because they can. Let’s all hear what they have to say and let them go home and explain it to their families, agents, and the person handling their endorsements.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 18:03]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Mitrovic on 17:56 - Apr 6 with 2000 viewsNorthernr

Mitrovic on 17:54 - Apr 6 by Konk

Mitrovic has been pushing his luck this season and I don’t have a problem with a lengthy ban, but we all know that it would be nothing like 8 games (and whatever extra the FA are lobbying for) if it had been a Man United player doing the same thing. Same as penalty shouts not going to VAR in the same match. I look forward to the FA appealing for stronger punishments (well, any punishment would be a start) the next time Bruno Fernandes chases a ref round the pitch like a tw at.

I would love to see every player who shouts abuse at an official sent-off and banned, but I’m not holding out any hope of this becoming a precedent for similar treatment for similar transgressions if it’s a big club player acting the cu nt. I love Mitro, and though he was completely out of order, I can see our frustration with the way Kavanagh has reffed our games and how VAR has been ignored or absolute sh ite in the games he reffed at West Ham and Man Utd. There’s no consistency with VAR.

Refs should be empowered to send off anyone for getting in their face. Mic-up the refs and see how long sponsors are happy to have the crowd and viewers at home listening to managers and players calling the ref a “fuc king wan ker”. Unfortunately professional footballers and managers abuse officials because they can. Let’s all hear what they have to say and let them go home and explain it to their families, agents, and the person handling their endorsements.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2023 18:03]

Mitrovic has had it coming to be fair. His behaviour with the referee at ours last Easter was absolutely appalling, chasing him around the pitch and getting up in his face about trivial stuff, trying to intimidate him.

Agree with your post though.
Mitrovic on 21:42 - Apr 6 with 1623 viewsToast_R

Would it even be a thing had it not been a prime time televised game?

Personally, I think 8 games is ridiculous. Should be three for the red card. I wouldn't mind so much if it sets a new precedent and from now on any referee baiting ends in red cards and lengthy bans but we all know it won't.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024