Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... 18:51 - Apr 7 with 8540 viewsLogman

That is the worrying thing.

Nothing to suggest we are going to create some nice 4, 5 or 6 man moves that will unlock an opposition defence, nothing to suggest our strikers are going to pop up out of nowhere and score, nothing to suggest our defenders are going to be positionally correct all game and without doubt nothing to suggest that our tactics are going to find an opposition wanting.

Please, can anyone console this desolate Hoop with a crumb of comfort on how we might be able to glean 4 or 5 points in the next 6 games.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 18:59 - Apr 7 with 5808 viewsDamo1962

Can't help you fella. The fact that we aren't even trying to stay up, is disgraceful and unbelievable in equal measure. That is the thing that has destroyed any hope I had, and the anger that follows from that. I just can't understand, how a team can go down without a fight 😲
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:00 - Apr 7 with 5817 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suggest we send the best forensic accountants we can afford back down the M4 to have another look at Reading's books!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:01 - Apr 7 with 5805 viewsted_hendrix

I have nothing to offer you Mr Log, you like me must face facts and take It on the chin.

And Just to depress you even more next season In League One will be just as crap.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:05 - Apr 7 with 5756 viewsVancouverHoop

The only crumb of hope – and it's likely a stale one from last month's loaf – is that are our last two matches are against teams who have nothing to play for. If they're mentally on the beach then we might ... possibly ... perhaps... get something from them.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:06 - Apr 7 with 5727 viewskropotkin41

Reading need 1 point to stay up. That's that.

Crumbs of comfort? Get to play Orient twice next season... my great grandfather played for them.... I'm going to try to get to both.

Whoever is manager (hopefully Gareth) next season, I expect a team of players who give everything and compete for whole games, score some goals, and win the occasional game.

Whatever happens there'll be a QPR.... even if we end up going the long way around.

Comforted?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:06 - Apr 7 with 5732 viewsted_hendrix

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:05 - Apr 7 by VancouverHoop

The only crumb of hope – and it's likely a stale one from last month's loaf – is that are our last two matches are against teams who have nothing to play for. If they're mentally on the beach then we might ... possibly ... perhaps... get something from them.

Nope--not a chance In hell

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:44 - Apr 7 with 5591 viewsDamo1962

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:05 - Apr 7 by VancouverHoop

We are mentally on the beach already 🤔
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:45 - Apr 7 with 5562 viewspaulparker

Wasn’t you the poster saying the lads were giving a 100 %

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:02 - Apr 7 with 5438 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I’m hanging my hopes on the fact that the only QPR way to answer this bad run of form against the bottom teams is to spank Burnley, Stoke, and Norwich.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:04 - Apr 7 with 5455 viewsMonkey_Roots

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:45 - Apr 7 by paulparker

Wasn’t you the poster saying the lads were giving a 100 %

That was probably me tbf, a few weeks ago… not now.

I actually hate this setup now… everything about it, everyone.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:06 - Apr 7 with 5422 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Looking at Reading's fixtures, they're fairly tough.

Preston A
Burnley H (though probably up by then)
Luton H
Coventry A
Wigan H (the easy one)
Huddersfield A (though with Warnock in charge, they'll probably be safe by then)
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:09 - Apr 7 with 5413 viewsMistication92

Reading's last two games are Wigan H and Huddersfield A. They'll get at least 3 points from those.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:29 - Apr 7 with 5313 viewsCateLeBonR

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:04 - Apr 7 by Monkey_Roots

That was probably me tbf, a few weeks ago… not now.

I actually hate this setup now… everything about it, everyone.

That was me too. I actually still think the players are giving 100%, in there own way, until the fear sets in. I can't put my finger on it, is it a bad case of the yips? Is there a vaccine anyone?
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:32 - Apr 7 with 5274 viewsTheChef

Sorry fat fingers on the down arrow.

That is the last slimmest hope. But I agree nothing suggests that we are suddenly going to improve and gain any more points.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:48 - Apr 7 with 5162 viewswesty

We all know the first goal changes everything……
Chair screwing his effort 4 yards wide when the goalie was on his arse was the turning point.
The lift that would have given to everyone.
Anyhow on to Monday and an almost inevitable drop into the relegation zone.
As the boomtown rats said
I don’t like Monday’s
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:52 - Apr 7 with 5125 viewsSuffolk

I actually feel better having watched today's game. The hope was killing me, but now I accept that we may be playing league 1 football next season.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:53 - Apr 7 with 5112 viewsterryb

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:48 - Apr 7 by westy

Chair screwing his effort 4 yards wide when the goalie was on his arse was the turning point.
I don’t like Monday’s

Of course it would have, but let's be honest, Preston should have made it 1-0 rather than hit the inside of the post. That was as bad a miss as Chair's.

That also would have changed our chances far earlier than when they went in front.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:55 - Apr 7 with 5093 viewsMick_S

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:48 - Apr 7 by westy

I don’t like Monday’s

Today’s turning point, mate. At least the most obvious one.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:06 - Apr 7 with 5019 viewsNorthantsHoop

Chair's miss well that may well have cost us, he just can't finish one on one in these situations, he has done it time and again. We can't defend and more importantly can't score, so easy for Preston and fair play to them much better organised than us and deserved the win.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:09 - Apr 7 with 4983 viewswesty

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:53 - Apr 7 by terryb

Of course it would have, but let's be honest, Preston should have made it 1-0 rather than hit the inside of the post. That was as bad a miss as Chair's.

That also would have changed our chances far earlier than when they went in front.

Yes they should have scored but no way was his miss easier than chair’s.
Splitting hairs I know.
Trying to remain positive yet wanting to fck it all off.
Ffs I need to get to the bottom of this bottle of Red
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 21:13]
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:13 - Apr 7 with 4941 viewsManinBlack

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:06 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

Nope--not a chance In hell

QPR playing a team on the beach when they are also on it is a terrible hought. Who can forget us losing 5-2 at home to Spurs, 7-1 at Sheffield Wednesday, 4-0 at Norwich and 5-1 at Leicester? When we play teams with nothing to play for at the end of a season we often get battered. Don't be surprised if Burnley wipe the floor with us. Other clubs are a bit more professional on the nothing to play for front.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:24 - Apr 7 with 4844 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I actually thought we played well and that morale and work-rate were decent once we pushed up on them. I accept that Preston had their 2-0 at that stage, but I thought it suited us better regardless.

If, and it's a big 'If', we played like that for the remaining games there's plenty to suggest we could stay up. I'm just not sure we will play that way.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:31 - Apr 7 with 4790 viewsLogman

I thought the work-rate was good also. I think the messages saying the players are not trying are inaccurate - it's a lack of confidence which is making them look shoddy.

I'd be worried if we set ourselves up like that for the remaining games though. Dykes needs to have players closer to, and in front of him and Preston completely over-ran us in midfield. The midfielders need to align more and there needs to be more evidence of three or four across the middle of the park both when we attack and especially when we defend.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:49 - Apr 7 with 4687 viewsactonman

Literally nothing there whatsoever, even if chair scored we would have just sat back and invited Preston on until they scored anyway!
We have no threat at all and take so long to turn play over , we are 9 times out of 10 trying to attack against 10 men .
We can’t put a dangerous ball in from set plays
We don’t support runners , I’m losing count of the times we have someone attacking the wing and the nearest player to support is about 20 yards away just standing watching
We give schoolgirl standard goals away every game
We don’t or can’t press teams
We aren’t so much overrun in midfield as we never have anyone in midfield to do anything and when we do it’s normally a hopefull punt than a killer pass
On top of that , the players confidence is shot to pieces with no leaders out there and we expect to lose every game !
There is no tactical plan other than kick and rush
We can’t hit a sows rrss with a banjo
We make subs like for like and makes no fking difference
The fans have given up aswell so we don’t even have a 12th man advantage
Every ref we get is a complete w@nk stain no nothing useless cnt
We have no run of the ball luck

Getting fed up of listing things but you get the idea ,,, we’re fcuk Ed
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:59 - Apr 7 with 4618 viewsRsinWales

Regrettably, if you review our results this season this is only one small run of games (September into October) when we have really looked anything other than mediocre to poor. That brief run to the top of the table has skewed our vision. That run was the exception, what we have now is the unpleasant reality.

Today was just awful. I just cannot see where the goals will come from to save us, even if we can tighten up at the back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024