Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread 17:06 - Apr 12 with 39418 viewsstowmarketrange

My 1st ever attempt at starting one of these threads so hopefully it’s a good omen.

If you’d said in October that these two teams would be either going for the playoffs,or fighting relegation,you’d be certifiable if you said that it would be us down the bottom of the league,fighting against the dreaded drop,but here we are.

Is there enough life left in the tired old body of this qpr team to get enough points to stay in the championship?If you’d asked me that question at 5pm last Friday I would’ve said no,but after getting an unlikely point at the Hawthorns,who knows.

My heart says that Hi Ho Queens Park Rangers will be blasting out of the tannoys at 5pm on Saturday.Or barely audible in the lower loft,but the head says a plucky 1-1 draw,and another point towards survival.

Here’s to another 90+ minutes of the white knuckle ride of our season.

Come on U R’ssss
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 19:57 - Apr 15 with 2133 viewsslmrstid

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 19:50 - Apr 15 by 1JD

The thing is E15 is any manager worth their salt should have watched our videos and seen that centre midfield has been a massive weakness this season.

They should of noted that Iroegbunam, Johansen, and Dozzell, can ONLY play in a 3-man midfield, because of significant defensive deficiencies, yet on the contrary all three seem to continually get picked in a 2-man midfield, with poor Field trying to do the job of two men, and failing not through any fault of his own. Only Beale recognised this, and it’s no surprise he saw a lot more success than both Critchley and Ainsworth.

Playing any of these in a 2-man midfield, as Ainsworth did today, and especially against a 3-man midfield is just an incredibly poor set up from the very first whistle, and a recipe for defeat. We were totally overrun in there. Lose the midfield, lose the game.

Lose the midfield, lose the game, you are absolutely right.

I'm not sure I buy the "so and so can only play in a 3 etc". Not so much because as fans we ultimately don't really have a clue, because we don't see what goes on in the background, but I just feel if it was genuinely true you have no business being a professional footballer at that level to be so one dimensional.

Although to be fair given how badly they are failing at this level that may hold some truth...
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 20:00 - Apr 15 with 2113 viewsdistortR

The thing is E15 is any manager worth their salt should have watched our videos and seen that centre midfield has been a massive weakness this season.

They should of noted that Iroegbunam, Johansen, and Dozzell, can ONLY play in a 3-man midfield, because of significant defensive deficiencies, yet on the contrary all three seem to continually get picked in a 2-man midfield, with poor Field trying to do the job of two men, and failing not through any fault of his own. Only Beale recognised this, and it’s no surprise he saw a lot more success than both Critchley and Ainsworth.

Playing any of these in a 2-man midfield, as Ainsworth did today, and especially against a 3-man midfield is just an incredibly poor set up from the very first whistle, and a recipe for defeat. We were totally overrun in there. Lose the midfield, lose the game.

I thought Amos was dire last week, but he gave us 'legs', apparently (Against an immobile team). Surely, in his absence, Aoraha could do a job - couldn't be any worse in his passing or lightweight in his tackling.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 21:28 - Apr 15 with 1857 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 19:20 - Apr 15 by Damo1962

You really are a sad sack. When we do go down, knowing it will hurt you more than me...will ease my disappointment.

Well, for a sad sack, you really make me laugh! Rejoicing in the unhappiness of real supporters - wow! In an ideal world, Clive would just be banning you from the board, you arsehole.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 21:34 - Apr 15 with 1853 viewslave16

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 20:00 - Apr 15 by distortR

I thought Amos was dire last week, but he gave us 'legs', apparently (Against an immobile team). Surely, in his absence, Aoraha could do a job - couldn't be any worse in his passing or lightweight in his tackling.

Looks like our goal difference is gonna sink us

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 06:12 - Apr 16 with 1607 viewsDamo1962

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 21:28 - Apr 15 by stainrods_elbow

Well, for a sad sack, you really make me laugh! Rejoicing in the unhappiness of real supporters - wow! In an ideal world, Clive would just be banning you from the board, you arsehole.

Think he might ban you first... if he reads your language. I could use words to describe you that would get me a warning on here...but I have more class than that. You are a truly obnoxious individual, who reminds me of another QPR supporter I have had run in's with in the past.I don't take QPR as seriously as I used to for various reasons, but it still hurts to see us struggle like this. I admire massively the thousands who still support the club on a weekly basis...just not you or the current players. I'll do what works for me...I'll leave you to wallow in your anger and misery.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 08:33 - Apr 16 with 1552 viewsPetros

100 per cent this ☝️
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:48 - Apr 16 with 1441 viewsE15Hoop

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 08:33 - Apr 16 by Petros

100 per cent this ☝️

I guess the obvious answer to this then is that Ainsworth needs to bite the bullet and start Richards in a 3-man midfield, and accept that he's going to need to be bailed out when he loses the ball from overplaying (as happened yesterday in the build-up to their 3rd goal) or misses a tackle or two.
Trying to play Johansen on the right of a midfield 3, or to a lesser extent Dozzell, is a fool's errand as both appear to be completely allergic to using their right foot for anything.
At least with Richards you can see him being on the front foot, trying to make things happen and link play. You could see a nice partnership building up between him, Chair and Willock if given the time to flourish.
We don't really have much of an option now but to gamble and pray that natural talent flanked with the likes of Field, Martin and Dykes who we will know will at least graft and fight, somehow clicks enough to splutter us over the finishing line.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 1311 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 09:48 - Apr 16 by E15Hoop

I guess the obvious answer to this then is that Ainsworth needs to bite the bullet and start Richards in a 3-man midfield, and accept that he's going to need to be bailed out when he loses the ball from overplaying (as happened yesterday in the build-up to their 3rd goal) or misses a tackle or two.
Trying to play Johansen on the right of a midfield 3, or to a lesser extent Dozzell, is a fool's errand as both appear to be completely allergic to using their right foot for anything.
At least with Richards you can see him being on the front foot, trying to make things happen and link play. You could see a nice partnership building up between him, Chair and Willock if given the time to flourish.
We don't really have much of an option now but to gamble and pray that natural talent flanked with the likes of Field, Martin and Dykes who we will know will at least graft and fight, somehow clicks enough to splutter us over the finishing line.

Its long past time to start Richards and let the whole QPR universe really see what he is made of.
Does he actually give a fcuk about wearing our jersey and why has 3 Managers took a look and basically said no way.
His leave of absense aside he is healthy so he should carry the load for a while.
I can name 5 or 6 regular starters who are having nightmare times but they are physically ,mentally and emotionally fried yet are putting their bodies on the line 3 times a week while other wan*ers are doing nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 15:41 - Apr 16 with 1202 viewsR_from_afar

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:10 - Apr 15 by Sharpy36

Because they always try and appease fans on messageboards.

For the love of God, no more ex players.

I do not want a change of manager at the moment but Gary O'Neil is currently giving Bournemouth a fighting chance of staying up and Ian Evatt has a very strong managerial record so far and has Bolton in the playoffs...

Just saying, not advocating a change now.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:57 - Apr 16 with 1099 viewsandrew1302

Why on earth would either of those come to QPR? We are a busted flush. A clueless owner who has clearly shown he has absolutely no idea how to run a football club, a joke for a DOF who is so far out of his depth he drowned years ago , no money and a 3rd rate squad. I can imagine them just laughing.
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:30 - Apr 16 with 1030 viewsdenhamhoop2

Bring back Kropotkin its all your fault Stowmarket
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:41 - Apr 16 with 1001 viewsstowmarketrange

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 17:30 - Apr 16 by denhamhoop2

Bring back Kropotkin its all your fault Stowmarket

I’ve given up ever doing another one.I even did the walk from Oxford Circus,put my lucky pants on but still we get trounced.It might be time for the old favourite of saveloy and chips on Wednesday night.That never failed to ensure we won the game previously.
Unfortunately I spoke to a couple of Coventry fans before the game who told me that their big striker goykes hadn’t scored for 5 games and they hadn’t won at our place for years,so we could’ve played 13 men and had 2 of their players sent off and we wouldn’t have won the game.

Do you know that Pukki hasn’t scored for a few games,and that Norwich haven’t won away for a few games either.And they just got beat 5-1 on Friday night too.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 18:02]
Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 20:01 - Apr 16 with 935 viewsR_from_afar

Is the sky blue? Coventry match thread on 16:57 - Apr 16 by andrew1302

Why on earth would either of those come to QPR? We are a busted flush. A clueless owner who has clearly shown he has absolutely no idea how to run a football club, a joke for a DOF who is so far out of his depth he drowned years ago , no money and a 3rd rate squad. I can imagine them just laughing.

Well, indeed. I really didn't mean now. One day, things will be going better for us and I was just trying to point out that there are some ex QPR players whose managerial careers appear to be on an upward trajectory.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024