Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team spirit and professionalism 20:41 - Apr 16 with 1650 viewsbongo_king

Been thinking, how can so many players who were on fire 12-18 months ago now be part of this awful team. I’m coming down to team spirt and professionalism, which have been broken across the season. Few examples:

Earning the right. This season we had JCS and Balogun come in and instantly made the 1st choice pairing by Beale ahead of two centre halves (Dunne and Dickie) who had been top half champ CBs the season before. I reckon it shocked them and their current dire form started from that moment. Compare that to how slowly e.g. Willock was introduced into the team in 2020/21.

Team above all. Remember Todd Kane? Ostracised, and rightly so. Warbs backed his squad player Ozzie for the good of the team as a whole. This season, no-one is being called out. We have Roberts on his Insta basically undermining the manger’s line, but a few weeks later he’s back. That Critchley comment “Taylor can’t get himself going” and subsequent reaction makes you wonder WTF?

Squad age and loans. Four loans in the summer, all aged between 19 and 23 when they came here for 1 season. In previous seasons those old heads with good characters like Wallace, Barbet, Ball played an important role even if they weren’t on the pitch week in week out. I reckon it’s becoming clear the Warburton dismissal last season had less to do with the poor run of form and more to do with disagreements on a balanced squad and the way forwards.

The one I can’t work out is the medical team. They seemed so well in control until about this time last year, then everything fell off a cliff.

Where do we go from here? If GA gets his way with the team this summer we’ll likely end up with only old heads and no sellable assets when we need a balance. But if we go down (which looks likely) we’ll lose several LT players in a fire sale.
Team spirit and professionalism on 20:58 - Apr 16 with 1543 viewsgazza1

My view is that there are many, many issues within the Club and much to do with the player and management, much more than we know.....I have no evidence in what I am saying and I do not believe that any one of us on the MB, in the ground or wherever know the facts.

I think you would only know if you were on the training pitch with the players, in the dining room with the players, in the dressing room with the players and in meeting rooms with the players, on the pitch with the players and out and about town with the players.......I would suggest most of them would have their own issues with 'things' whatever 'things' were and whilst the players will have their mates I would think that there are several 'cliques' around the players

A team cannot fail apart so spectacularly, as we have done, for the past two seasons without there being some 'proper issues' around the playing side.
Team spirit and professionalism on 21:29 - Apr 16 with 1490 viewsterryb

The decline in the performances of Dickie & Dunne started last season & both were poor from January onwards. Many of us, including me, blamed Sanderson rather than them. I certainly thought that Dickie, Dunne & Barbet were our best formation, but Warburton played about with this & eventually left Barbet on the sidelines.

I have no idea what caused us to disintegrate over the two seasons, but half of the players are constant (injuries permitting), as are the senior management (above team manager level) & the under 23's/below staff.

What has not been in supply is continuity, with four different managers preferred playing styles & ideas coming & going.
Team spirit and professionalism on 21:41 - Apr 16 with 1465 viewsDorse

We are constantly inconsistent. That takes real talent as the balance of motivation to apathy has to be maintained to the finest of tolerances. A moment's inattention can result in a dramatic improvement in consistency resulting in the entire waveform collapsing rather than maintaining our current state of ontic uncertainty. I, for one, applaud the effort / lack of effort / talent / ineptitude that goes into making this unending hurricane of piss the number one cause of hair loss, alcoholism and psychological trauma in the Championship. Good work boys! Keep it up or don't.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Team spirit and professionalism on 22:50 - Apr 16 with 1267 viewsPunteR

Team spirit and professionalism on 20:58 - Apr 16 by gazza1

My view is that there are many, many issues within the Club and much to do with the player and management, much more than we know.....I have no evidence in what I am saying and I do not believe that any one of us on the MB, in the ground or wherever know the facts.

I think you would only know if you were on the training pitch with the players, in the dining room with the players, in the dressing room with the players and in meeting rooms with the players, on the pitch with the players and out and about town with the players.......I would suggest most of them would have their own issues with 'things' whatever 'things' were and whilst the players will have their mates I would think that there are several 'cliques' around the players

A team cannot fail apart so spectacularly, as we have done, for the past two seasons without there being some 'proper issues' around the playing side.

Bit of an odd comment from you mate considering you like to pull up other posters for not knowing what "really goes on" in football.
Not disagreeing with you.
I mean , yeh . Of course something isn't right behind the scenes. It hasn't been right for years and we all know that.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Team spirit and professionalism on 09:23 - Apr 17 with 1054 viewsgazza1

Team spirit and professionalism on 22:50 - Apr 16 by PunteR

Bit of an odd comment from you mate considering you like to pull up other posters for not knowing what "really goes on" in football.
Not disagreeing with you.
I mean , yeh . Of course something isn't right behind the scenes. It hasn't been right for years and we all know that.

No that's why I say that I have 'no evidence'.....I may be entirely wrong its just a opinion of mine because I know what a 'broken team' does and I also know what a proper team is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024