Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie kelman 12:35 - Apr 22 with 5732 viewsenfieldargh

Just speaking with an O’s fan

Says kelman runs around a lot but that’s about it!!!!

Paul Smyth too good for L2 well he’s in L1 soon enough

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Charlie kelman on 12:57 - Apr 22 with 4934 viewsozranger

Thought Smyth was poor on Tuesday night. He really struggled. Ehmer played Smyth well and forced him out to the wing a lot. Mind you Smyth was on his own a lot from the 13th when Orient had a player sent off. He's fast but struggled

Masterson was okay but Ehmer was better. Only saw Kelman for a few minutes before the lights went off. He subbed Smyth.
Charlie kelman on 14:44 - Apr 22 with 4678 viewsLoyalitat

He's nowhere near good enough for Orient in divison 2 and won't be there for their division one campaign. He only managed to score five goals having been involved in over 40 games.

I used to watch Wealdstone a fair bit last season, and they had a bit of non-league journeyman playing up front: Josh Umerah, who joined Hartlepool (2nd bottom in the league) before the start of the season and he has managed to score an impressive 15 goals in about the same number of games.

Duke-Mckenna has hardly ever started for Orient either.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 15:06]
Charlie kelman on 14:46 - Apr 22 with 4658 viewsParkRoyalR

Charlie kelman on 14:44 - Apr 22 by Loyalitat

He's nowhere near good enough for Orient in divison 2 and won't be there for their division one campaign. He only managed to score five goals having been involved in over 40 games.

I used to watch Wealdstone a fair bit last season, and they had a bit of non-league journeyman playing up front: Josh Umerah, who joined Hartlepool (2nd bottom in the league) before the start of the season and he has managed to score an impressive 15 goals in about the same number of games.

Says it all about our recruitment, be it via Belk or Ramsey.
Charlie kelman on 16:41 - Apr 22 with 4514 viewsqpr_1968

just come on and scored.....lol

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Charlie kelman on 20:07 - Apr 25 with 4000 viewsaston_hoop

Scored again. Only 21 and plenty of real life match experience in a winning team this season!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Charlie kelman on 20:40 - Apr 25 with 3893 viewsnumptydumpty

Know what Beale said means jack shit, but it was said Charlie was best finisher at the club.

Whatever!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Charlie kelman on 20:42 - Apr 25 with 3885 viewsaston_hoop

We own him, he's 21 and he runs around a lot, I'd rather a season of seeing where that takes us rather than a season of Chris Martin

Charlie kelman on 21:03 - Apr 25 with 3770 viewsnumptydumpty

Charlie kelman on 20:42 - Apr 25 by aston_hoop

We own him, he's 21 and he runs around a lot, I'd rather a season of seeing where that takes us rather than a season of Chris Martin

A whole season in a winning team will do him no harm.

He is 21. I guess the hope is to try him in one of the next two seasons and hope he progresses.

It's a very hit and miss science.

Obviously more hopeful around master Armstrong though all being well.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Charlie kelman on 21:09 - Apr 25 with 3739 viewsGloucs_R

Charlie kelman on 14:44 - Apr 22 by Loyalitat

There is a young lad at Gloucester City called Kieran Phillips who has 14 in 30 this season and was out for a few games or would have had more. Came up through the Bristol Rovers academy and would be perfect for the B team. Better player than a Kelman.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Charlie kelman on 21:13 - Apr 25 with 3724 viewsaston_hoop

Charlie kelman on 21:03 - Apr 25 by numptydumpty

A whole season in a winning team will do him no harm.

He is 21. I guess the hope is to try him in one of the next two seasons and hope he progresses.

It's a very hit and miss science.

Obviously more hopeful around master Armstrong though all being well.

Yep also no real rush for him I think, goalscorers develop at different times and in different systems, sometimes it just clicks. Championship player of the season Chuba Akpom started the season dumped into Boro's reserves having never hit double figures in his career and currently has 29 goals in 38 games in all competitions. I'd just like to see us work a bit more with him and see what happens, this is the club we are supposed to be after all.

Charlie kelman on 21:41 - Apr 25 with 3594 viewsPlanetHonneywood

What's happened to Alfie Lloyd?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie kelman on 23:39 - Apr 25 with 3367 viewsBurnleyhoop

Headless chickens run around a lot…….it takes them nowhere in particular.
Charlie kelman on 23:47 - Apr 25 with 3363 viewsaston_hoop

Charlie kelman on 23:39 - Apr 25 by Burnleyhoop

Headless chickens run around a lot…….it takes them nowhere in particular.

Good job Charlie Kelman is a promising professional footballer rather than a headless chicken then really.

Charlie kelman on 00:02 - Apr 26 with 3324 viewsE17hoop

He got Orient's first tonight .

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12866521/mansfield-1-2-ley

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Charlie kelman on 07:22 - Apr 26 with 3097 viewsolderR

Charlie kelman on 21:41 - Apr 25 by PlanetHonneywood

What's happened to Alfie Lloyd?

Scored some goals for Eastleigh, then injured.
Charlie kelman on 08:10 - Apr 26 with 2988 viewsozranger

Hidden away in the results was that Kelman was subbed off late in last night's game. The player who came on was Duke-McKenna for his first minutes since being out injured. Two more games to go and hopefully he will get a few more minutes under his belt.
Charlie kelman on 08:42 - Apr 26 with 2905 viewsMaggsinho

Kelman played 31 games for a title winning side so he must have been doing something right?
Charlie kelman on 10:14 - Apr 26 with 2744 viewswombat

we own him until june 30th then hes a free agenct unless we decide to offer him a new one

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Charlie kelman on 10:43 - Apr 26 with 2666 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Charlie kelman on 07:22 - Apr 26 by olderR

Scored some goals for Eastleigh, then injured.

Oh FFS, he's been Eastleigh'd!!
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 13:21]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie kelman on 10:49 - Apr 26 with 2647 viewsLazyFan

Goals in the last two games, both of them lucky, really lucky.

However, we can see in the last game he makes a crucial pass for the build-up.

Why do I feel, he will be more of a Freeman-type player longer term.

zzzzzzzzzz

Charlie kelman on 11:10 - Apr 26 with 2576 viewshubble

But is either Kelman or Martin the only option? Ideally we find another striker. From the descriptions I've read here Kelman sounds like another Conor Washington, and I think I'd rather have Martin than that.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Charlie kelman on 12:22 - Apr 26 with 2407 viewsQPR_Jim

We've basically been praising Armstrong for his pace and energy despite his lack of finishing. Kelman has shown he can be a bit of a poacher, positioning himself were he picks up easy goals which I don't think we have. Obvious caveat being that he's only done that at League 2 level so might not be as effective in the championship but deserves a chance.
Charlie kelman on 12:37 - Apr 26 with 2348 viewsaston_hoop

Charlie kelman on 11:10 - Apr 26 by hubble

But is either Kelman or Martin the only option? Ideally we find another striker. From the descriptions I've read here Kelman sounds like another Conor Washington, and I think I'd rather have Martin than that.

Of course they are not the only options but its time we stepped up and became that club that used the players. The reason Bristol City were able to release Martin? They stuck in a 20 year old striker who'd played a few games on loan at Yate Town and Bath City, they gave him games to get him up to speed and then said goodbye to Martin. Its our turn now, lets be the club that looks into the squad and says Kelman, Armstrong, Lloyd, Kolli, they're all ours and they all represent future value. At QPR we are very quick to write off young players based on hearsay or based on the fact they are not immediately Ebere Eze but then also quick to moan at the club when we sign a 29 year old Jamal Lowe on loan rather than a 21 year old Jamal Lowe from non-league. If we are going to start developing players, we need to start developing players!

Charlie kelman on 12:50 - Apr 26 with 2302 viewshubble

Charlie kelman on 12:37 - Apr 26 by aston_hoop

Of course they are not the only options but its time we stepped up and became that club that used the players. The reason Bristol City were able to release Martin? They stuck in a 20 year old striker who'd played a few games on loan at Yate Town and Bath City, they gave him games to get him up to speed and then said goodbye to Martin. Its our turn now, lets be the club that looks into the squad and says Kelman, Armstrong, Lloyd, Kolli, they're all ours and they all represent future value. At QPR we are very quick to write off young players based on hearsay or based on the fact they are not immediately Ebere Eze but then also quick to moan at the club when we sign a 29 year old Jamal Lowe on loan rather than a 21 year old Jamal Lowe from non-league. If we are going to start developing players, we need to start developing players!

Yeah, I understand your point of course, but there are still a lot of 'ifs' involved. And what we've seen over the last couple of seasons (at least) is that whoever is responsible for a) identifying potential young players, and b) developing them, hasn't been doing a very good job. And at the same time, look at the position we're in, fighting to avoid the drop. I think pragmatism has to take precedence over longer-term aspirations, at least in the short term.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 13:19]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Charlie kelman on 13:04 - Apr 26 with 2231 viewsderbyhoop

Akpom's record this season should be an object lesson in writing off young players too early.
Kelman is 21, Lloyd 19. Both have has useful experience this season. I would hope that the management can get both back for pre-season and assess if either are good enough f8r Championship level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024