Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dodgy car journeys to the match 14:03 - May 5 with 1580 viewsKerryE

Inspired by other people's woes.
Drove my Hillman Imp to Shrewsbury away. Head gasket blew at Hinckley, omg pre mobile, no AA.
Somehow got it repaired, just about got home with oil gushing out as it was obviously a bodge. Missed match.

And the result, lost 3 nil, Bob Hazel sent off.
Happy days, I still get a shudder when driving past there.
Dodgy car journeys to the match on 14:40 - May 5 with 1498 viewsKonk

My mate’s Dad went to watch Spurs at Villa in the early 60’s when he was about 14. His uncle took him up there in a side car that didn’t have a windscreen or any suspension. Think it rained too. Doesn’t sound great.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Dodgy car journeys to the match on 15:06 - May 5 with 1442 viewsBoston

I've twice been in cars where the driver was pulled over and ticketed.

Once, on an unofficial coach, we were stopped by plod somewhere up the M1 and informed the 'inflight' movie had to be turned off. Apparently the naked writhing was causing a distraction to passing drivers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Dodgy car journeys to the match on 15:07 - May 5 with 1444 viewsstowmarketrange

I drove my old Ford Capri to an away game at Luton and I had to hold the windscreen wiper switch in place for the whole journey up and back the M1 to London or the wipers wouldn’t work.
Not the easiest thing to do in a manual car in persistent rain.
I think it was a 1-1 draw on a midweek night in the mid 80’s.
Dodgy car journeys to the match on 15:47 - May 5 with 1364 viewsQPRSteve

Went in a mate's car to an evening game at Luton in the 70's. Got lost but spotted what we thought were floodlights. Nearly ended up on the runway at Luton airport.

Remember a midweek match at Swindon when it absolutely pïssed it down there and back. How we got back I'll never no as we could literally see nothing out the windscreen.
Dodgy car journeys to the match on 16:42 - May 5 with 1278 viewsStreathamRanger

Had a tyre blow out on the drive from Leeds to Manchester for game against Man City around 2000. Finally got there about 15 minutes late. They let us into the ground through the city end. We had to walk around the pitch to the away end and as we were walking past the city fans, Kiwomya scored the opener. Think we won 3-1 in the end. The locals weren't best pleased.
Dodgy car journeys to the match on 16:54 - May 5 with 1254 viewsMick_S

Dodgy car journeys to the match on 14:40 - May 5 by Konk

My mate’s Dad went to watch Spurs at Villa in the early 60’s when he was about 14. His uncle took him up there in a side car that didn’t have a windscreen or any suspension. Think it rained too. Doesn’t sound great.

You win. I hope he borrowed Postman Pat’s cats goggles.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Dodgy car journeys to the match on 17:47 - May 5 with 1206 viewsBoston

Dodgy car journeys to the match on 16:42 - May 5 by StreathamRanger

Had a tyre blow out on the drive from Leeds to Manchester for game against Man City around 2000. Finally got there about 15 minutes late. They let us into the ground through the city end. We had to walk around the pitch to the away end and as we were walking past the city fans, Kiwomya scored the opener. Think we won 3-1 in the end. The locals weren't best pleased.

He came from Ars e nal, he cost the R's fck all, Kiwomya...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024