Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cold light of day 13:29 - May 9 with 1784 viewsNewYorkRanger

Been to 12 games this season and I thought the first 30 minutes of yesterday we played half decent. Me and my daughter were really quite enjoying it until they scored of course and then the wheels came off.

But were we actually playing reasonably well or have we just become conditioned to watching such dross that anything even remotely resembling cohesive football now passes as good?

I'm confused, but did come away from the game feeling sadness more than anything else.

Glory hunter, me

Cold light of day on 13:33 - May 9 with 1722 viewsbosh67

It is kind of difficult to imagine us being entertaining to watch again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cold light of day on 13:37 - May 9 with 1660 viewsEsox_Lucius

I agree, right up until Albert's brain fart we looked the more likely to score. After that the confidence was completely shot and we weren't sh1t but were definitely inept.

The grass is always greener.

Cold light of day on 13:40 - May 9 with 1621 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cold light of day on 13:37 - May 9 by Esox_Lucius

I agree, right up until Albert's brain fart we looked the more likely to score. After that the confidence was completely shot and we weren't sh1t but were definitely inept.

Agree.
Annoying too that before they got the second we actually created 4 decent chances, but failed to score any - Martin the chief culprit.

Bare bones.

Cold light of day on 13:44 - May 9 with 1587 viewsNorthantsHoop

To me it looked like it has all season a lot of huff and puff but no real conviction or quality, team that cannot score will not progress very far and so it proved, once Bristol City were one up the game was gone. I really want to see the back of most of these players they are not fit to wear the blue and white hoops.
Cold light of day on 17:59 - May 9 with 1323 viewsHarbour

Zero shots on target and awful defending for both goals a reoccurring theme of games this season. Thought we might have improved after Burnley and Stoke games but unfortunately not. Left at FT pissed off again also a re occurring theme!
Cold light of day on 18:35 - May 9 with 1208 viewsdaveB

Albert did mess up but watch the goal back and watch Jimmy Dunne. Rather than stay in position he charges to the near post leaving Paal against 2 players. Woeful defending from him.

Adomah should have done better bit they still had a fair but to do to score and we made it very easy for them
Cold light of day on 18:46 - May 9 with 1149 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We played well from 15 to 20 minutes, the rest was aimless and forgettable at best.
Half-decent would be a stretch imho.

Stats at 28 minutes, just after they scored.

Poss 33/67
Shots 4/5
On Target 0/1
Passes 108/225
Accurate 82/196
Accuracy 76%/87%
Possession lost 48/49

82 accurate passes. That's three very minute.

Three of our four shots came in a ten-second spell, so I don't personally subscribe to any notion that we were doing ok before the first goal.

All told I thought we lacked a plan to defend, a plan to control, a plan to create and a plan to attack.

I thought it was utterly septic.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cold light of day on 18:57 - May 9 with 1112 viewsParkRoyalR

Cold light of day on 18:35 - May 9 by daveB

Albert did mess up but watch the goal back and watch Jimmy Dunne. Rather than stay in position he charges to the near post leaving Paal against 2 players. Woeful defending from him.

Adomah should have done better bit they still had a fair but to do to score and we made it very easy for them

1st Goal Dickie is on near post and Dunne steps out to cover cut-back to their player who is calling for the cut-back to shoot, Dunne is alert to it and steps out to block it,

Whether Dickie is ball-watching or decides to hold his position on the near post, either way, the cross beats him and Paal,

Definitely would'nt call that woeful defending from Dunne, fault lay with Adomah not keeping it simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024