Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coventry or Luton? 11:35 - May 27 with 13829 viewshubble

Who do you want to win, and why?

I'd like Coventry to win as I think Robins is a great manager and they deserve a crack at the prem, and I don't like Luton. On the other hand, it will be hilarious if Luton do make it into the prem with all those glam teams and bandwagon fans. So I don't know who I'd prefer to win it tbh. Hopefully it's a good game.

[Post edited 27 May 2023 11:43]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Coventry or Luton? on 12:41 - May 28 with 1967 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Coventry or Luton? on 12:10 - May 28 by Northolt_Rs

He is quite clearly utterly useless. It will be interesting to see what other club offers him a DOF role when he eventually does get moved on….

Sharpening crayons is about his level.
Coventry or Luton? on 12:50 - May 28 with 1944 viewsNortholt_Rs

Coventry or Luton? on 12:16 - May 28 by Watford_Ranger

Obviously Luton have massively over-performed but success for us isn’t all about promotion. If we have a mid-table budget then we can expect a mid-table finish and more than that is a small success.

Next season we probably have a bottom six budget so if we under-perform we’re toast as I honestly think we will do. If a business performed below expectations and was forced to cut its budget as we have there’d be a lot more pressure on the directors than appears to be the case with us.

FWIW I think Les is poor at his job but I don’t know for a fact if he’s poor or not. There are DOFs who get lucky and the club does well and they aren’t scrutinised much and there are some whose clubs struggle despite them being quite good much like any industry.

He’s been here for eight years FFS! Do you reckon we’ve improved during that time, in any way? There is a defeatist air throughout the club and even the fan base… Luton’s success, culminating in yesterdays phenomenal result for them, shows it CAN be done. You just need the right people. Everything points to the fact we don’t have the right people.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Coventry or Luton? on 13:27 - May 28 with 1874 viewsWatford_Ranger

Coventry or Luton? on 12:50 - May 28 by Northolt_Rs

He’s been here for eight years FFS! Do you reckon we’ve improved during that time, in any way? There is a defeatist air throughout the club and even the fan base… Luton’s success, culminating in yesterdays phenomenal result for them, shows it CAN be done. You just need the right people. Everything points to the fact we don’t have the right people.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. Les and the others have performed incredibly poorly and IMO should lose their jobs as a result.

Just saying that Luton’s achievements are beyond what any club can expect with their budget which is all the more credit to them. Obviously I’d love us to replicate that but right now if you offered me a carefree mid-table finish I’d see that as a success relative to both our budget and the expectation currently of our supporters.
Coventry or Luton? on 13:55 - May 28 with 1823 viewsNortholt_Rs

Coventry or Luton? on 13:27 - May 28 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. Les and the others have performed incredibly poorly and IMO should lose their jobs as a result.

Just saying that Luton’s achievements are beyond what any club can expect with their budget which is all the more credit to them. Obviously I’d love us to replicate that but right now if you offered me a carefree mid-table finish I’d see that as a success relative to both our budget and the expectation currently of our supporters.

Agreed it’s not an expectation but equally it shouldn’t be an aspiration. Listen to Hoos - does he sound aspirational? Or is he just happy to take his big money under zero scrutiny from our absentee owners, whilst coating us fans off and grinding the club into the dirt along with the rest of the unsackable grifters? BIG changes are needed.
[Post edited 28 May 2023 13:56]

Coventry or Luton? on 14:17 - May 28 with 1757 viewsSonofpugwash

Who the hell cares?The Premiership is nothing but an elitist circus and Luton are just its latest troupe of clowns.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Coventry or Luton? on 15:18 - May 28 with 1656 viewsQPR_John

Coventry or Luton? on 14:17 - May 28 by Sonofpugwash

Who the hell cares?The Premiership is nothing but an elitist circus and Luton are just its latest troupe of clowns.

A troupe of clowns who realistically will be relegated next season but will financially be on a different level from us
[Post edited 28 May 2023 15:19]
Coventry or Luton? on 15:54 - May 28 with 1606 viewsManinBlack

It has to be noted that when Luton dropped into non league that they installed owners who were in business but true fans of the club. These were not rich people like we apparently have at the top. Their owners used to follow the club around before taking over so had a real feel of what the fans wanted and what was required on the pitch. They created a winning mentality which has resulted in them getting promoted regularly. Luton fans will tell you their owners are true Luton fans and Mick Harford is excellent at finding new players to fit in.

By contrast in the same period we do not have a board of QPR fans who used to attend games before they arrived. They are just business men with no affinity to the club. Ferdinand may have been an excellent player but he is not as good as Harford in bringing players in.

We also are afflicted by a losing mentality and being down on our luck while Luton have been positive with their continuous rise through the leagues. They have had no qualms about using lower league players from a non league starting point and at least one of their players yesterday has played for them since joining in the Conference.

Whilst Luton, Brentford, Fulham and others have been positive with an aim of better times, it has appeared that we are just aiming to survive as a club. I feel that we just exist with no real plan as if feeling sorry for ourselves but in reality our plight is not as bad as Luton's was and they responded to the kicks in the teeth with a fightback. The fine imposed on us for FFP has had the effect of a ship torpedoed and floundering on the rocks. I don't see the same fight from us that Luton have demonstrated and I think that has something to do by us being run by non fans.
Coventry or Luton? on 17:01 - May 28 with 1541 viewsDejR_vu

Coventry or Luton? on 14:17 - May 28 by Sonofpugwash

Anyone who is concerned about the long-term viability of the club should care. The reality is we need Prem money to survive. You only have to look at the direction of travel since relegation to see where we are headed. The owners aren’t going to carry on pumping money in at this rate all the way to oblivion.

I’d quite happily take getting promoted, getting our arse handed to us, get relegated, have a couple of good seasons in the Championship off the back of the parachute payments, go back up collect the cheque, rinse and repeat. Build proper foundations as we go and make the club sustainable long term.

We got lucky this season. Whilst Brentford, Fulham, Luton, and all the others race off into the distance, we’re being run into the ground. Once we drop into League One we’ll drop so fast we’ll whistle as we go.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Coventry or Luton? on 17:04 - May 28 with 1540 viewsDejR_vu

Coventry or Luton? on 15:54 - May 28 by ManinBlack

It has to be noted that when Luton dropped into non league that they installed owners who were in business but true fans of the club. These were not rich people like we apparently have at the top. Their owners used to follow the club around before taking over so had a real feel of what the fans wanted and what was required on the pitch. They created a winning mentality which has resulted in them getting promoted regularly. Luton fans will tell you their owners are true Luton fans and Mick Harford is excellent at finding new players to fit in.

By contrast in the same period we do not have a board of QPR fans who used to attend games before they arrived. They are just business men with no affinity to the club. Ferdinand may have been an excellent player but he is not as good as Harford in bringing players in.

We also are afflicted by a losing mentality and being down on our luck while Luton have been positive with their continuous rise through the leagues. They have had no qualms about using lower league players from a non league starting point and at least one of their players yesterday has played for them since joining in the Conference.

Whilst Luton, Brentford, Fulham and others have been positive with an aim of better times, it has appeared that we are just aiming to survive as a club. I feel that we just exist with no real plan as if feeling sorry for ourselves but in reality our plight is not as bad as Luton's was and they responded to the kicks in the teeth with a fightback. The fine imposed on us for FFP has had the effect of a ship torpedoed and floundering on the rocks. I don't see the same fight from us that Luton have demonstrated and I think that has something to do by us being run by non fans.

Amen to that

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Coventry or Luton? on 18:24 - May 28 with 1456 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Brentford beating the Death Star while we can barely win a game since the World Cup says it all. Those of you mentioning Charlton have it right. Orient have more chance of getting to the Premier League than we do under these idiots.
Coventry or Luton? on 22:34 - May 28 with 1247 viewsgolborne

Congratulations to Luton. Regardless of what you think of many of their fans, those fans have went right through the sh!++er for a number of years and stuck with their club.
They play anti football, and I’d rather watch non league than that (says he supporting a club that has GA about to embark on knuckle dragging football..), but hopefully they’ll now get their new stadium and start to properly rebuild their club, and hope for a better style.
Coventry or Luton? on 23:23 - May 28 with 1188 viewsNortholt_Rs

Coventry or Luton? on 22:34 - May 28 by golborne

Congratulations to Luton. Regardless of what you think of many of their fans, those fans have went right through the sh!++er for a number of years and stuck with their club.
They play anti football, and I’d rather watch non league than that (says he supporting a club that has GA about to embark on knuckle dragging football..), but hopefully they’ll now get their new stadium and start to properly rebuild their club, and hope for a better style.

Fck Luton

Coventry or Luton? on 04:44 - May 29 with 1092 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Coventry or Luton? on 22:34 - May 28 by golborne

That post was nearly so nice!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024