Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower Loft safe standing 08:37 - Jul 28 with 1785 viewsjoe90

I'm thinking of taking a friend to a game and thought the safe standing in the Lower Loft would be a good experience. Was wondering what the vibe down there is . Do people stand anywhere or are you expected to go to your 'seat'?
Lower Loft safe standing on 08:53 - Jul 28 with 1752 viewsHunterhoop

I’ve spent a few halves down there last season to see what it was like (when there was some space, I should add). I’ll be honest. I didn’t think it was great. The view is rubbish unless you’re near the back, but that’s just because of it being the lower loft. Much prefer my seat in the back row of the Upper Loft. I also think they didn’t think how noise travels in our ground. It’s quite unusual. At the back of the stands it retains in the area really well (away fans thinking they make loads of noise, we can’t hear them, and vice versa!). But by putting it in the Lower Loft, the noise from there is just lost. The Upper Loft can’t really hear the lower loft. Even Q, Pu and R blocks don’t hear the noise from the safe standing in the lower loft.

It looks good on TV but I don’t think it’s helping the atmosphere. If they’d just made Q, Pu, and R blocks safe standing it would have had far more impact, I think.
Lower Loft safe standing on 09:02 - Jul 28 with 1725 viewsoldmeadoniansR

I went there with my son. Last season. Enjoyed it. Bearing in mind I only managed to see 3 home games last year with an aggregate of 0-9. That is some statement. I also went to Fleetwood away. Anyway, everybody stood throughout the game. Some older guy was shouting at everyone to wave the flags harder before the game. Nice sentiment not very well expressed.
Lower Loft safe standing on 10:16 - Jul 28 with 1635 viewsgigiisourgod

I enjoyed it in there. A noticeable step up from sitting there before it was introduced over the last 20 years and a little bit of a different experience to anywhere else in the ground. Would recommend. You are allotted a space and are expected to be there, but rather than it being a pain like it sounds, think it actually works quite well. I’m sure if there was spare space, which there normally is, there would be no problem standing there instead. It’s not enforced as such, just helps with the organisation of it.
Lower Loft safe standing on 10:26 - Jul 28 with 1615 viewsJames_Paddocks

I moved there last season. I think it's great. Good atmosphere, regardless if the away fans can hear it or not. I personally hate sitting down at a football match, so it suits me. Probably not the best view if you want to tactically analyse the match though. The one thing holding it back as an experience is the fact the team have been so poor. I think we had 3 goals down the Loft end last season?

You stand in your allocated spot, but it's pretty easy to move about, as it's never really full. I would definitely recommend it. It's certainly a unique experience.
Lower Loft safe standing on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 1490 viewsJuzzie

Went there for the Blackburn & Birmingham home games. They are allocated seats and you go to them as you would anywhere else in the ground.

I quite enjoyed it and was only about 6 rows from the front and didn't have any problems with the view, other than what I was actually watching was dire.
Lower Loft safe standing on 12:45 - Jul 28 with 1428 viewsRs_Holy

love the safe standing (particularly with the leg room issues at HQ).
Normally go in the R Block but went once in the Lower Loft last season and it is really good ... The game I went to had a few seats empty, so in theory we could've moved into those but you do get a specific place that you are supposed to occupy.
Lower Loft safe standing on 13:18 - Jul 28 with 1385 viewsPaddyhoops

Lower Loft safe standing on 12:14 - Jul 28 by Juzzie

Went there for the Blackburn & Birmingham home games. They are allocated seats and you go to them as you would anywhere else in the ground.

I quite enjoyed it and was only about 6 rows from the front and didn't have any problems with the view, other than what I was actually watching was dire.

My seat became safe standing and it’s been a good move by the club. Atmosphere is a lot better.
5 goals at our end last season hasn’t helped.
A few more would help.
Lower Loft safe standing on 13:50 - Jul 28 with 1330 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I went there for the Huddersfield game, and now I don't have a season ticket, will probably get a ticket there when I go as it's old school. Probably a decent option for anyone over 5ft 9 as your legs don't get compressed for 90 minutes.
Login to get fewer ads

Lower Loft safe standing on 14:54 - Jul 28 with 1271 viewsrobith

Moved there last season and like it a lot. Slightly annoying constantly being shouted at that you're not singing loud enough but the space is good and it has a good atmosphere- as other posters have said, it would just be nice to have slightly more to celebrate in it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024