Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shthousing clampdown 10:20 - Jul 28 with 8557 viewsNorthernr

Let's see how effective this is/how long it lasts.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2023/july/28/match-officials-to-adopt-new-approach-fo

This post has been edited by an administrator
Shthousing clampdown on 14:54 - Aug 4 with 842 viewsWoodlaneR

Shthousing clampdown on 09:27 - Jul 31 by francisbowles

They stop the clock for some things but then have it running for certain kicks and allow the kicker ages to take them.

They also play on with injured players receiving treatment on the pitch.

After time is up on the official clock, the game continues until the team that is winning manages to get possession and kick it out of play.

So IMHO it's comparing apples and pears..

One thing I do like though is their advantage rule. When the referee plays an advantage, it the move subsequently breaks down, he can then bring the ball back to where the original offence occured. Unlike our game where any advantage can be easily lost.

I wish they would bring the treatment without stopping play into football.
I don't know why they haven't at least trialed it before. Waiting for, and receiving "treatment" is surely the number one time wasting technique. Must be at least worth a go. I would introduce that above everything else with the option of the club doctor signalling to the ref that it is a really serious injury. In which case, the game could be stopped if necessary(suspected broken leg for example). The 30 seconds off thing won't make any difference. It will still take ages for the physio to come on, play the game and slowly all walk off together.
Shthousing clampdown on 15:53 - Aug 4 with 747 viewsrrrspricey

Ref's need to take some if the responsibility here. Watch any attacking free kick in or around the box, they take at least a minute/90 seconds. The requirement to wait for the ref to blow his whistle to resume the game needs to be looked at/removed.

In general clamping down on shithousery is simple, any unsportsmanlike behaviour is punished by a yellow card
Shthousing clampdown on 21:46 - Aug 4 with 599 viewsMick_S

Not bad, so far. A couple of the less bright players didn’t quite get the rule tweaks. Hope it carries on.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024